In the event that Rex gets fired, this team needs a veteran and not a rookie HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 8, 2014.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It's tough to get a big name or veteran coach when there are so many strings attached to working for Woody. Look no further than the GM search.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm know of his NFL experience vaguely, but I'll have to read up on his college career. Thanks for the post, though, it's out of the box.

3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

But can he bring Peyton with him?

CJLang likes this.
  4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

LOL I wish.

iJet likes this.
  5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree that it's definitely not over quite yet for Rex, but it sure isn't looking good right now. I'm looking at a lot more losses left on the schedule. I hope I'm wrong.

6. abyzmul

I left this one for a while, big post. But good. I'm not arguing for just any re-tread. Those types of guys have been consistent failures around the league, but just the idea shouldn't scare the Jets away from an experienced HC.

Talking about scared, Hue Jackson scares me if only for the fact that Rex wanted to hire him a few years and and he's a recent Raiders failure, and has never achieved any level of success at the HC position.

But if he was hired, hell I'd give him a chance. Then again, I'm a sucker Jets fan, so what do I know?

7. abyzmul

That's part of the premise of the post.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hue Jackson should be interviewed for the Jets head coaching job assuming Ryan quits or gets fired or *something. I am not saying I am for Jackson getting the job. I am merely saying he should be considered.

Jon Gruden can also be considered.

The Ray Horton ship has maybe sailed. He might be considered too old of a candidate at this point, although I think Mike Zimmer is older and he only got his first crack at a HC job this year.

I like Todd Bowles as a candidate. He does have some experience as a NFL head coach, albeit of the interim variety. He was the Dolphins head coach of the game in which Santonio Holmes pouted on the sidelines and Ryan had no clue what was going on.

*Something actually happened with Rich Kotite. Remember, the Jets never fired him and he never quit.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jackson was 8-8 with the Raiders. That is like making the playoffs as a Jets head coach or like winning the Super Bowl with the Steelers, Giants or Packers. 8-8 is pretty goddamn great for Oakland.

10. abyzmul

Conceded.

11. abyzmul

Was he demoted to the car insurance sales division of the team?

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

At 66 Holmgren is probably a little to old at this point.

Guys like Scott Linehan and Todd Haley aren't that enticing. I personally want an offensive guy in here. Mike Martz? IDK lol

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think Harbaugh gives 2 shits about the media. He told the media how he felt about the Ray McDonald situation and still kept playing him. He's a smart guy, but a narcissistic asshole. He knows offense and he knows defense.

Sounds like my kind of coach to me. Give him some personnel control and a nice contract.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Moringsuck must go too. Old man Marty cost us the Green Bay game. Terrible game calling, situational play calling.

Terrible management of young quarterback, terrible preparation of the offense last week; hang this man.

15. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If you want a recycled offensive minded HC, the only true candidate is Chucky. then again, Parcells could fill that void, he has served as his own DC and OC in the past.

16. abyzmul

He's an arrogant narcissist that would inflame like a chafed hemorrhoid if he had to deal with the bullshit the NY media deals out every day. Fucking dude is under fire in San Francisco. You think he wouldn't get ired up here? Rex is one of the most easy going coaches that has ever coached in this league and has done the sideways dance and cried in front of the press.

What the hell would you expect Harbaugh to do?

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I always wanted Gruden, but I don't think it would ever happen.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Marty seems to have zero communication, understanding, pulse or relationship with this offense.

Marty should go, even, before Rex

Week before the bye?

Fuck old Martin morningwhig (sp? Who gives a shit)

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck the media. Sick of the media being the end all be all in regards to who we can and can't hire.

Dude is a football genius in my book. I want to win games, as far as I am concerned the media is no concern to me. If we are winning games, the NY Media will be sucking this guy's dick, just like when they did it to Rex in 2010.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  20. abyzmul

This is the most likely roadblock to the Jets hiring a legit coach for this team. Woody does not empower anyone in the org. Fuck, he ordered cameras into the lockerroom to show that he was the one that saved Rex's job. No head coach in the tenure of the Woody Johnson Jets has ever had the authority to hire their own offensive assistants. He replaced Bradway with Tanny, a cap lawyer, and put Bradway in the spot of Asst GM and personnel manager.

Woody is a complete failure as an owner, he hires a consulting firm to help him find a new GM, and then tells that firm that the new candidate cannot choose a coach.

There's no way around it. Woody is the problem.