I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain why this such a big deal? He was admitting that the defense was hard to read and rattling him, thats basically what I take from it. Why is this so groundbreaking? I thought "seeing ghosts" was a relatively common term in football.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Did you not read the original post? Lol

It's not about him saying the words "I'm seeing ghosts"

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What Darnold said isn't a big deal. How he performed is a big deal. The media's just using the ghosts quote to pile on.

mark82 likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Anti Jets bias is real. Everyone just wants to make a joke. When we beat the cowboys I didn't hear hardly anything from my friends who root for other teams. When we're getting embarrassed the threads are lit up with gifs and jokes. Everyone just wants to laugh

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is exactly what Ive been doing for years now and its the best advice.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can't complain. If the Jets ever change the losing, they'll change the narrative.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just got in from a few days of elk hunting so missed the game. I'm SO glad! I won't make any comments about the game or Sam without having seen any of the game, and I don't plan on watching it, but I will say I'm not surprised in the least. Gase sucks, making the limited talent on the team actually worse. I'm sorry it took something like this to shake some sense into some of you. Too bad it won't shake sense into the Johnsons, because they'll continue to keep Gase and he's liable to ruin Darnold if he hasn't already.

SOJ.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I see the ghosts of every bad Jets draft pick...I thought i saw Stephen Hill in my living room the other night when i woke up to get a drink.I once saw Dee Millner walk through a wall in my house during a Jets blow out ..

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

love This

You win the thread!

lock it

NYJetsO12 and mark82 like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's not piling on, it's reporting what happened. The question I have is why was Darnold sitting there muttering to another player instead of having a coach there with a tablet showing him what went wrong and reinforcing what to look out for?

There was that other clip of Gase right in front of him telling him "you know what to do, you know what to do, just do it" or something along those lines. Where was the confidence building? Where was the assurance they'd give him better protection? Where were the quicker developing plays?

SOJAZ, NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. rohirrim665

No shit, but this story is plastered all over the media. I'm trying to get what the big deal is, they making more of what he said rather than his actual play. His play was atrocious, the "Im seeing ghosts" comment is wildly publicized for some reason.

12. rohirrim665

People will hate on me for saying this but its the truth....Darnold was so bad that I can barely even put blame on Gase for it. Guys were open and he threw it to the other team instead. That's the most depressing part.

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Look you have to be nuts to be a Jet fan, I am an obvious example. So you and all the other nut cases in this forum should have given up a long time ago if you had any sense!

Peyton Manning is not the only one who thinks very highly of Gase. Yes, the evil one Bill Belichick also respects and thinks highly of Gase. What does Gase do to impress Belichick? He is willing to not stick to the same old game plan and is willing to change tendencies. By the way, this is what he had to say about Gase recently.

“Adam’s one of, as I I’ve talked about, I think one of the best game planners in the game and does an excellent job of attacking defenses and just making it tough to handle what they do offensively, with their different personnel groups and plays and his play calling,”

Look after this game I can see how one would be tempted to conclude Gase really sucks. Besides what was he thinking when he mic'd up Sam? Memo to NFL coaches, not a good idea to mic's up rookie or sophmore QBs. It is pretty obvious he was outcoached.

But after listening to all the negative media and noise, I think this is a great opportunity for both Gase and Darnold to show us what they are made of. You need to face and deal with adversity to be a champion. As a great man once said,

“The greatness comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes when you're really tested when you take some knocks, some disappointments when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.”

Gase asked Darnold what he was seeing out there. Darnold gave him an honest answer letting Gase know that he was befuddled. What sucks is the whole TV audience had to hear this. There is no shame in this. This is a coach and a QB trying to figure out what is going on in the heat of battle. This is not the first time this expression has been used. Ask Bret Favre. Let's see how these two rebound and end the season before passing full judgment. Besides, they might have been facing the best NFL team out there with a historical defense, so why isn't the NY media pointing this out?

In 2003 a young Quarterback went 14-28, 123 yards, 4 interceptions, and he and his team lost the game 31-0 on their 1st game of the season. Funny thing is they won the SB that year!

Maybe the misery of the Jets will continue under Gase, but he has now coached 3 games with Darnold. Did you really think there was not going to be any growing pains?

If the Jets by the end of the season are no better then they were at the beginning of the season, then yes get rid of Gase!

SOJAZ, sackexchange and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You know, I used to believe this was all true.

Prior to this debacle, I was of the belief that Gase had horrible upper management in Miami and that his first 4 games were very hard to judge considering we were missing our starting QB and a number of other injuries to deal with.

We played Dallas with almost a full roster and Darnold looked fantastic. There were issues throughout the game with Gase, but nothing that stood out to me. He coached a VERY good game and we have results to prove it.

I am not worried about Sam Darnold. I think Darnold is our franchise QB who is dealing with shit play-calling and a horrendous offensive line. What I am worried about is the complete lack of preparation against New England and the complete lack of adjustments made at half time or throughout the game.

We played a rival Patriots team on Monday night in our own stadium. We should have never won that game. New England is arguably the best team in the league right now and we are one of the worst. But how does a Head Coach get 8 days to prepare for a team and we put up 0 points with ZERO adjustments? How is that excusable?

Peyton Manning, Bill Bellichick..... you can choose anyone you'd like that has said great things about Gase. I have made up my mind based on what I am seeing in front of me.

Our offensive line sucks, we know this. Gase knows this. We have a HOF running back. We have good WR's. We have a young very talented QB. And this is the gameplan he comes up with? He got out-coached in every facet of the game.

SOJAZ, Andy_M and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I like the way Darnold handled this situation on the Michael Kay show. He said something to the effect of, its a common football term and it wasnt a big deal, we're moving on.

I personally don't think the comment or the fact that he was rattled was alarming. What i DO find alarming is the fact that they were rattled ALL GAME. At no point did they make adjustments, call different style of plays, keep in max protection, adjust and be able to identify protections or anything like that.

Darnold sucked and was mentally beaten no doubt, but there was plenty of blame to go around.

When was the last time w had a coach that was able to make adjustments on the fly? I don't ever remember one after Parcells. We know Bowles never did, Rex also couldn't.

SOJAZ and mark82 like this.
  16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Brady gets rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds. Granted he is an all time great (arguably the greatest QB ever) but why dont we ever have any quick hitters?

CB giving Crowder in the clot 6-7 yard cushion, automatically a 2 step drop quick slant?

No seam routes are run, its either a 5 yard out or a deep ball, no intermediate passes, wtf

17. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Douglas signed a 6 year deal, Gase signed a 3 year deal. IMO, if this season continues to spiral (I think there's a good possibility of that happening) Chris Johnson will have to own up to his mistakes and get rid of Gase. It stinks of organizational dysfunction but I rather nip a problem in the ass, earlier, rather than later

joe, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's more dysfunctional to keep a dog shit head coach than firing him after a year.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

100% Agree.

I think the jet fan base would actually respect Chris Johnson a ton if he came out after season's end and held a press conference where he takes blame for hiring Gase, and says that he's giving full power to Joe Douglas to pick a new HC.

But I'm not sure we'll see that. We have some theoretically winnable games on the schedule. IMO, if we lose against Jacksonville, I can see the locker room fracturing, a downward spiral and the eventual firing of Gase

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Depending on future results, I could totally see Woody coming back from the UK and flipping everything upside down, telling CJ he's a dumb dumb.