I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Falco---> take a bow well said. I still think that Darnold is THE REAL DEAL but my biggest fear with Gase and the Jets has always been that they might ruin the kid and last night it sadly looked like the beginning of that process.Hang in there Falco its all we as Jet fans can do.

SOJAZ and Falco21 like this.
  2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Well ... Rookie Eli vs Ravens ... 4-18 / 27 yards / 2 INT / 0 rating ... benched in the 4th.
    Keep the faith for now.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sam isn't a rookie anymore. :mad:

Jets69 likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Eh not officially but game wise he is. Eli's dreadful performance against the Ravens came late in his rookie season I think.....

Folks ( not you ) are acting like his career is shot and he stinks blah blah blah. Yes he played horribly but it was also a direct reflection on the game plan, the coaching, and the roster.

5. HomeoftheJets

It's about having the offseason after your rookie year to catch up to the rest of the league more than the amount of games you played.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure he'll recover from this but it's gonna take a roster makeover - especially that pitiful OL.

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

F21, I feel your pain. I am sorry that its got to this point for you and all of us. I sent an email to CJ today and told him that after 52 years of watching this team, I shut the TV off and walked away. Not ever when RK was HC did I do that, I stayed the course and lived through the embarrasments and pain.

IMHO its only a matter of time before he loses the entire team. When I saw SAM get strip sacked and no one and I mean no one try to recover the ball, then I knew for sure that these players DO NOT believe in the schemes or AG. The signs are there....

Falco21 likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

"Next year" never means next year. That is why I HATE that statement. Because it proves that you are hopelessly looking to next year as the answer, when you damn well it is not.

Miami has been doing that for years. It's always "next year" for them. We have become the same. Don't worry, next year. Next year we'll get it right with a head coach. Next year we'll draft better linemen. Next year we'll have better picks. Next year Darnold will have weapons. Next year we'll be playoff contenders.

Fuck next year. Fuck Adam Gase. Fuck the Johnsons. We have become the exact thing I can't fuckin stand.

The only, and I mean ONLY, hope left for me, is Joe Douglas. I am hoping to all hell Douglas is at least half the man I've read about.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And for the record:

If we had lost last night, I would have been alright with that. I HATE New England just as much as the next guy, but us beating them would have been an amazing feat, especially with how poor our offensive line is playing and how well their defense is playing. But to get completely shut out in that way, at home, on Monday night?!

Dallas has a VERY good defense. If I recall correctly, they are a top 8 defense in the league this year. We managed to score 20+ points on them a week prior. How does that same team come out and put up a 0 spot against New England? Adam Gase, that's how.

He showed me some good coaching against Dallas. We had HUGE momentum going into this game. There was a lot of buzz around, including on the Patriots forums about how this Jets team could provide a tight game. Hell, even through the first quarter I have Gase the benefit of the doubt hoping he would make adjustments.

How do you score 0 points at home after scoring 20+!?!?!

How is that fuckin possible?!

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Except that Mike Maccagnan the Homer Simpson-with-glasses coffee cup holder knew better and insisted that Matt Rhule not be allowed to assemble his own staff.

That's because Mike Maccagnan knew better.

Adam Gase: Mike Maccagnan's man.
    Mike Maccagnan: fired (due in no small part by psycho face Gase).
    Shit organizational sequence of events....talk about tail wags dog.
    Clean house and give the reins to Douglas (until he proves he's not up to the challenge).

grkmanga31 likes this.
  11. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

I’m taking a break for awhile, I stopped supporting this franchise financially a few years ago and Gase is incompetent and inept just like the johnson clan. The fact that this front office went into week 1 without a kicker is unacceptable (we would have 2W’s if we had a damn kicker week 1).... If I was Chris J I would have fired somebody for that....This franchise is an embarrassment...

On second thought, maybe I’ll apply for a job at 1 jets drive... huge pay, zero preparation, no accountability... sounds great

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Cover 0 all night... give darnold 2 RBS in the backfield to help block and let Robbie and crowder run GO routes...

I HATE ADAM GASE

13. HomeoftheJets

Or just throw a screen. Funny how Gase loves screens until the game he should actually call them.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Actually it's not. He's 22 and won't be 23 until next year.

15. HomeoftheJets

The way our OL looks there's no guarantee of that...

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I knew you would eventually come around. The problem is we are not at a crossroad, we passed that at the beginning of the year. You're certainly not the only one who could not see that through your green colored glasses and the stars shining in your eyes. Since then we have continued to drive this eighteen wheeler miles down a long, winding mountain road; it is a dead end.

Now the problem is not which direction the Johnsons should have turned back at the crossroad many months ago but how to get the machine turned around. Maybe the solution lies in selling it as is and where is and for somebody to buy a shiny new truck and have it delivered back to that same crossroad. Who's buying?

17. HomeoftheJets

The Johnsons aren't going to sell, from their perspective (making money), the Jets are a massive success.

18. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

After reading that Pack article last yr you really wanted MM?!

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Have any reporters attempted to get comments from the Johnsons today? Time to put their expensively shod feet in the fire. And stir the coals daily.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

here is the take away from this game compared to the Dallas game:

when you have less talent, but out coach the other team you can pull off an upset, but when you have far less talent and are out coached you will be dominated in this league. Margins on ever variable ate paper thin, but if you lose on every variable you will suffer a great defeat.

MoWilkBeast likes this.