Im done.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Apr 25, 2013.

1. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I was not questioning your dedication as a fan by all means. I know you do because I've seen you as an active member of this board. I also didn't say it was wrong to be frustrated. I am frustrated as well. I'm just saying we have to understand that these guys are in the position to have a vision for this team and make decisions based on that vision, and we aren't. We just have to wait and see what this vision is and if it will work out. In a couple years or so we are a great team thanks to the acquisitions we are making, we'll then understand why this is all going down.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We'll just have to disagree on Geno and I don't agree that QB is the most dire. I'm not in the Sanchez is a savior camp but it's obvious a QB is going to regress when you keep dismantling what he has around him. To expect Geno to be productive with the same garbage Sanchez hasn't is unreasonable. I think Smith was a product of the system at WVU and while I think he is a good athlete I just don't thik he's going to be a good NFL QB. He's always taken snaps out of the shotgun and I'm not a fan of QB's who play in spread offenses.

3. tzinc

tzinc New Member

holes at S G RB TE LB they add another DT seriously silly move and a CB with 5 surgeries

top it off with a QB reach

honestly this is the same drafting style the Jets did under Tanny

and there is a mole in the Jets office I have no doubt they want Geno

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You don't think we need a QB?

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hard to call him a mole when it's the owner... Woody is loud mouth.

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait and see what the team does today before I announce whether I'm done or not.
    I agree with most of you, if they are going to defense, why not a pass rushing OLB.
    My guess is that once Cleveland chose Mingo, they panicked, tried to trade out and were stuck.
    Milliner will be a good player,but I'm not sure he's what the team needed.
    Rumor has it they are looking at Nassob. I still can't understand why they are looking at QB when they still have Garrard, Sanchez, Tebow and McElroy under contract.
    This team is desperately in need for playmakers on the offense and it seems Rex is still insistent that "ground and pound" will get it done.

But let's wait and see until the draft is over and then we can come back reassess.

#126 SouthBayJetsfan4life, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  7. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

I'd like to see Cyprien. I know it is another defensive pick, but basically the offense is going to suck anyways. Plus, every year we need to sign two safeties, it is ridiculous. Time to get some stability back there. Cyprien can cover deep. That is important, and with a 2nd round pick, just take the player and it is a guaranteed starter. Geno Smith is just another question mark.

My feeling is that Geno Smith is a pretty good QB who is a bit scared of his own shadow. NY could be tough for him. I could see him posting a QB rating of 85-87 each year, better than Sanchez's 77, but always leaving us wanting more.

Grab a guard in the third and maybe that's not flashy but the team will be rebuilt. Maybe try to trade up for a TE, deal a couple of next year's late picks.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Holy overreaction lol

We got the best player in the Draft in Milliner...

Someone needs to go suck on his thumb with fireman fuck head

Hope we take a pass rusher (moore/carradine) with our 2nd and Escobar with our 3rd today!!!

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Probably because none of those players are franchise Qbs and we should keep trying until we find our franchise Qb?

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Moore will not be the pick, I'm sure of that.

It'll be an offensive player most likely.

11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Bottom line. You can never make ALL Jets fans happy.

Honestly, you can't "grade" the draft for 2-3 years. So let's see how it plays out before anyone jumps off a bridge, or goes and roots for some other team.

Being a Jets fan is in your blood. Let it boil, and get over with it and hope these guys pan out. Both selections are highly rated and talented.

12. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I can't stand when people act like you can't say shit because you're not a GM. The people that say "obviously they were going BPA and felt highly about the guy." Well I would hope EVERY team that drafts a player likes the player. Duh.

Bottom line is, our organization has sold us pockets full of hope far too many times. When we were contenders, we had 4 glaring needs to fill. Safety, pass rusher, WR, RT. But no. We were busy trying to extend Sanchez contract and get gimmick backup QBs.

Our entire fan base has every right to be upset with the way the Jets have handled business. If you chose to drink the Koolaid and have blind faith in Idzik...so be it. I admire your optimism. That being said, don't get on your high horse and act like you know so much more than everyone else. At the end of the day, from the experts to the casual fan, the general consensus is that WE SUCK!

13. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Ooooh no no no no. You're not going anywhere, my good laxin.
    You're one of my favourite posters on here.

Ain't no way I'd let you leave. :)

14. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I don't even mind Milliner. I think he can play. That being said, people supported the Revis trade partially because we were "unsure" about the knee. However, we drafted a guy who, I'm willing to bet, has had more surgeries than Revis already. But once again. Milliner isn't my gripe. My gripe is with the DT Richardson. Seriously? We had HUGE holes in our roster and you go with another d lineman? IDGAF how bad we looked against the run. It's a passing league. I'd much rather help my offense or pass rush. We're the only dumb motherfuckers still thinking ground and pound anyway lol.

So if we completely suck, which we probably will, and get the 1st pick. Are we going to look at Clowney and make it 4 in a row? lol

I'm not "done" but I damn sure ain't happy.

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

And this is wise..how?

There are no franchise QBs in this draft.
    Why waste the cap space.

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Milliner never missed a game in college despite the surgeries, and he also won't be getting paid 16 million anytime soon (and most likely ever).

17. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This directed at me?

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The last two picks have shown that Idzik is another in a long line of Jet GMs that don't have a fuckin clue what they are doing.