I'm Bored

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2.3 miles in the morning. 3.1 finished just now. 5.4 miles for the day. Too hot I am
    Melting

RPOZ51 likes this.
  2. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I run, albeit slowly. I'm 58, live in west central fl, and just finished a seven miler at about 14 min/mile... that's pretty slow by runners standards, lol. When I got home I had to see to see this (just to add to the "I'm bored" theme)

[​IMG]

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I am down in Central Florida also and I may walk in this weather but I would need a madman behind me with an axe to get me to run in this weather. Though I did do an 8 mile hike outside Fruita, CO 2 weeks back when it was getting into the high 90s low 100s during the day. First trail was called Devils Kitchen and it felt like it.

RPOZ51 and onefanjet like this.
  4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I get some sea-breeze as I am on the west coast (Tampa St Pete). Are you in like Ocala/Orlando?

#24 onefanjet, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Good job!

Knowing you’re out there and doing the right thing is helping to keep me motivated!

I did 3 miles yesterday, and 4 miles today.

Brook! likes this.
  6. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I used to run regularly, back in the olden days. My cardiologist wants me to keep moving, but I have been having some knee problems. So, I have been walking every day, and trying to gradually start running a little bit.

Don’t worry about your pace or where you finish. Just getting out there puts you ahead of so many people, and is doing you a lot of good in the long term.

#26 RPOZ51, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Brook! and onefanjet like this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Lakeland now, used to live in Clearwater on the bay and then moved up to Weeki Wachee. We used to get a nice breeze when we were on the bay since we were on the 3rd floor.

Brook! and onefanjet like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yep.... If I'm going to run, shorter distances in soft sand (I always have hated running anyway) but mostly just stick to the bike.

Brook! likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Brooks a trend setter. Did 1.5 mile run at a 10 minute/mile pace 2 days in a row. I run at 8pm when it’s cooling off. The motivation leaves her house a bit earlier .

MoWilkBeast and Brook! like this.
  10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It is probably a better idea for me to get the bike out. I have run 1000s of miles on the pavement over the years.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

fuk that.... I have Curtis martin knees..... and my dad has Namath knees, so I know what my future holds

running 1 mile or 2 in soft sand (by the dune line) will kick your ass... uses more muscles and is less painful on the joints

Brook! likes this.
  12. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

With barbed wire wrapped around his feet for traction

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Brook!

Thanks to Jamal trade I went to bed happy last night around 9:30 pm. Woke up at 2:30
    am. Checked the main page and started the following Joe Douglas thread at 2;50 am.
    https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...s-then-jamal-joe-douglas-is-killing-it.94136/

After that I went to kitchen and brewed coffee at 3 am and watched 2 episodes of Ozarks on Netflix. Season two now over. Oh my.

Then prayed and did some soul cleansing and at 6 am I hit the trail.
    6.7 miles done as of now.
    Now time for breakfast. 2 eggs and a thin bagel.
    Plan is to do another 4 miles after 5 pm.

Brook is melting folks.

FJF likes this.
  14. FJF

Did a 2.5 mile run yesterday. 10 min/mile pace for a total of 8.6 miles of jogging the last week. First time seriously running since the military. First real cardio in about 5 years since a bad bike wreck ended the mountain biking. Right knee is a little swollen but otherwise not really feeling any soreness. Plan is to get to 5 miles by Labor Day.

Brook! likes this.
  15. Brook!

Awesome FJF.

Folks,

Shall we change the thread title to "Diet and Outdoor Activities"? :)

16. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I am convinced that high cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease or clogged arteries. The first time I checked my cholesterol was in 1982-3 and it was 305. I told a friend that and he said that his cholesterol was 355. Now 37 years later I have no heart disease and I know that the friend is still alive and well and hasn't had any heart attacks or strokes. My cholesterol has almost always been around 300 except for a three year period when I was a vegetarian, It was below 220. Last year it was around 270. I had a coworker who ended up with a quintuplet bypass and his cholesterol was low, 175. I had statins prescribed a few times which I didn't get filled. One doctor recommended that I get a heart scan which showed that I had a zero score or no hard plaque at all. He then had me do a carotid ultrasound that showed also that I had no plaque at all. This was about thirteen years ago.

Last year I got a carotid ultrasound and the doctor was amazed that at the age of 63 I had no plaque at all. I told him the secret: I had been taking 500-1000 mg of vitamin C a day since 1982. Your body need Vitamin C to make collagen which make your blood vessels strong and flexible so that they don't develop lesions under enough pressure. This happens in the areas of high pressure like the coronary and carotid arteries and I believe also the brain where you can get blockages that cause strokes. When an artery develops a lesion your body repairs or seals it with calcium and cholesterol which is what makes up the plaque. I have read this on many online sources. The fact is heart disease has not decreased since the 80s when they started talking about lower cholesterol Maybe half of the people switched to margarine (judging from seeing about the same amount of margarine and butter on the supermarkets shelves) and started eating fewer eggs plus just about everybody who had high cholesterol was put on statins. All that lower cholesterol people should have decreased heart disease by a lot but I haven't heard so.We always hear the same story about lowering your cholesterol but nothing about fewer people getting heart attacks from so many more people having low cholesterol. Statins may be the most prescribed drugs for a total of over 30 billions. A lot of money.

I think the answer is taking at least 600 mg of Vitamin C a day as Dr. Rath who wrote the book Why Animals Don't Get Heart Attacks But People Do says. He says that if high cholesterol causes plaque you should have plaque everywhere not just the coronary and carotid arteries. You can read his explanations here.

https://www.dr-rath-foundation.org/2002/05/the-stanford-speech-eradicating-heart-disease/

#36 coloradojet, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I couldn't remember my password to this forum. Tried guessing for about 3 days but finally broke today and reset my password

Brook! likes this.
  18. FJF

Post the new one so it’s here in case you forget again

Brook! and barfolomew like this.
  19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Ok, it's imafuckingdumdum. It's swedish.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  20. Brook!

Drunk now. Friday night. My only night of drinking after putting kids to sleep. That said, tomorrow is a big day.

Will have breakfast tomorrow at Absolute Bagels. Then park the car at Columbia University (my old beloved school) then walk to Brooklyn Bridge. 9.7 miles. All in one shot. Brook down to 213 as of 7/31. Goal is 180 by December 29th, my birthday.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...s-Absolute_Bagels-New_York_City_New_York.html