I'll be upset if the Jets draft ? in rd 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Mar 28, 2006.

1. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

How can you be so against D'Brick? Dont you know we need OLine help and he is considered the best to come out in awhile. We can't run the ball or throw the ball or keep our QB healthy not addressing the OLine with this monster.

2. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

What would tick me off......

picking a TE or an RB in the first round. I could handle trading up for Leinart even though that isn't my first choice. I would love D'Brick at #4, but I'd take Mario Williams or AJ Hawk.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Actually, I've been saying all along that we should take a QB at #4 and I still stand by that. This is the ONE chance that we have THIS YEAR to do this and the timing couldn't be better. Chad is questionable and Ramsey may not be the ultimate answer either for a "franchise quarterback."

It needs to be done this year in particular, not only to give the new QB some time to adjust and learn under two good QB's, but we can do it this year with ONE pick (#4) and not have to bundle next year and squander multiple picks and future picks into '08. We do it ONE time this year and hopefully we're done. I am talking about either Cutler or Young, obviously.

Use the rest of our 6 remaining picks in the draft (some of which are still very good ones) to round out the draft with young talent. Pick up the rest of what we need in F/A and we're off to building a winning franchise in 2-3 years, IMO.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

It's plain and simple, you never replace a position that doesn't need fixing. Adrain Jones is our LT and is doing a fine job, and he will only improve. We need an RT, C, and G on the o-line not a left tackle, especially at #4 overall.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I agree with you, the only way they pick D'Brick is if they have looked at a lot of tape of Jones and see him as a bust. Hard to believe they can come to that conclussion after 1 season.

6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

my exact thoughts man...if we had a pretty good young rt and had no lt, ferguson would be the obvious pick

we need a playmaker at a position of need imo, and we have a couple of needs, lt is not one of them

7. RobA

We do need to address the o-line, but not with D'Brick! We need a RT, G, and C. What would replacing a position that is already set be helping us? Use our numer 4 pick on a position that is needed and take care of the o-line later on day 1.

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I would be "dissapointed" not pissed...if we drafted AJ Hawk.

9. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Jay Culter, Vince Young

10. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

The 2 QB's you're talking about are Lienart and Young. Lienart is a QB who has shown great promise as a NFL QB. Young is a project and may never be a decent NFL QB due to his IQ score. It's Lienart or bust imho and the Saints would want the 2 #1's and our 2nd plus a 4th rd. That's a steep price for a player who won't play in 2006.

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

We have the 4th pick and there are 5 players worth that pick : Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, D'Brick Ferguson, Mario Williams and AJ Hawk. Any of those players and I"ll be fine. I'll even be fine with a move down the draft. Not sure who I would want them to target, but it will be awfully hard to upset me this draft. Sooo deep and such talented guys coming out.

12. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

I understand your point RobA. I would rather get Mario Williams or AJ Hawk, but would also love getting D'Brick. Dont want a QB till rd 2 or later.....Croyle, Whitehurst

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There's just something about the Mangini-Tannenbaum combination that tells me we're going to get good value in this draft. Don't know what it is yet... I'll tell you when I get a handle on it, but there's something about these two young guys and their attitude. It's like, Woody took a shot with them and he knows they're young and going to make mistakes, but it's like he saying, "Go to it boys and let's see what you can do."

These two guys are smart, aggressive and no-nonsense. They know this is their shot and they're going to work very hard and very smart on this draft. We'll all be grading them afterwards, but my hunch is we're going to like the guys we get.

As for the rest of it, we need to play some actually football before we know where we are. I don't know about anybody else, but this season is going to be a very exciting time to be a Jets fan.

14. King Koopa

Vince Young is def. worthy...it's just a matter of whether or not you like him

15. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

yea but we have solid young players at those positions who we still have to see what they got (justin miller, kerry rhodes, etc)... u cant make the agrument that o-line isnt our biggest need and u cant make the argument that there is a player in the draft that is better than d'brick at any of those positions... hes the best value (many experts say hes hands down the best player in the draft) and please no one give me that "we have a lt" stuff becuz we could easily move jones to rt(where we have no one and where we originally had him) and theres no way hes as good as d'brick

16. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Good post. I'd like to see them grab D'brick and move Jones back to RT.

17. King Koopa

do you guys realize how awful jones did at rt?? he actually showed promoise and potential at lt...

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I don't remember him being awful at RT.

19. RobA

I do, he was horrible at RT. After moving, he exceled, leave him at LT.

20. RobA

We probably shouldn't draft any qb this year.