If you're Douglass

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Sep 12, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Listen, I hope you're right that he'll be back by then, if he is fully recovered (weight back on, no enlarged spleen, has energy/strength, and has built timing with Thomas and rebuilt timing with the other receivers). I just don't want them to rush him out there and have him struggle or get injured.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If I'm Douglas, I'm secretly hoping to get top 3 pick, so that I can trade down and address multiple needs.

SOJAZ and mrjet80 like this.
  3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well yea of course. And I hope the Jets are getting him the best care humanly possible for any human being that has suffered from mono

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He has $18 million plus reasons to stay.

5. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I’m so sick of the let’s just wait for next year attitude. I’m sick of losing seasons. Wtf is wrong with this team man

6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Problem is we were excited when the other GM's got here too. We always think things are changing for the better.
    Let's give him an off season and draft but we even get worked up one way or the other on Douglas

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I had a bad feeling about the Idzik hire when it happened. He had a background in football administration aka managing the cap, contracts, etc...... I do agree that it's too early to evaluate Douglas, but it's encouraging that he worked his way up as a talent evaluator with the Ravens before his stints in Chicago and Philly.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Idzik was laughed at around football. It was a horrible hire at a time I don't think many wanted to come to the Jets

Mac was a director of college scouting and in the Texans org since that franchise got started. He was just kind of a meh personnel guy and was never particularly coveted around the league. Nobody saw anything special in him aside from us it seems

Douglas I think is something special and someone we can believe in. He was quite literally the most coveted non GM football exec in the NFL. He was a top guy in an elite franchise. Us getting him was enormous.

Footballgod214, rscherwin and mrjet80 like this.
  9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah enough of this jinx stuff. The Jets problem over the years is no vision from the man ( GM ) in charge. One could say Tanny had a vision but it was win now at all costs and when that plan fails as in "close but no cigar, ( giving the false impression the team is only a player or two away when in reality the team's infrastructure was close to collapsing due to age and cap implications) everything goes to hell pretty quickly. Douglas could very well be the man to change all of this and he's not going anywhere. He hasn't conducted a draft, he hasn't overseen a FA period. He sees what's in front of him and the mistakes that have been made by the previous regime. He comes from a winning program. I have a feeling this franchise will look ALOT different in about two years.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

not sure I'm buying that

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Lots of over reaction off one loss. Im taking a wait and see approach to all the new hires. This will be Douglas first ever draft, it will be interesting to see exactly what his approach will be. I'm optimistic though. He will have the benifit of a full season to evaluate the roster and plan accordingly. Hopefully he turns out to be the right guy for the job.

mrjet80 likes this.