If we knew then what we know now...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyRoyal10, May 16, 2008.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If all things played out the same and Belichick won all those games and Super Bowls with us instead of NE would you take them and deal with what the Pat's and their fans are dealing with now?

I would rather not have what they have if it meant the taint that comes with it...

2. Capt. Ace Nick

You still can't take away that joyous moment of watching your team become SB champs all three times. I want to feel the emotion so bad I would do anything...well almost anything to experience it just once.

3. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

Pats fans don't even care about Spygate, they aren't embarrassed or anything. They think it is all BS and doesn't take anything away from their championships. So I guess I would take the rings.

4. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Nope.

It has to be real.

It's like waking up next to what you thought was a super model, and it turns out to be a Fleshlight.

5. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

No Way!!! regardless what patsie fans think, those super bowls are **TAINTED!!!**

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I don't know. At least a few of them spend a frightening amount of time here defending them. If they really didn't care, they'd find something else to do.

7. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

They do spend a lot of energy defending them, but I go to Boston College and most of my friends are Pats fans; they think it's a dead issue and more of an inconvenience than anything. Deep down they believe the tapes made no difference and played no part in their success. I disagree with them, but gave up on the argument a long time ago.....now I just want the Jets to win.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha fleshlight, thats just plain funny.

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Anyone who says no is lying to themselves.

The feeling of winning a superbowl would be flat out amazing...and spygate has proved to be nonsense. The patriots went 18-1 [17-1 if you dont count the jets game] after they were caught cheating. Brady to Moss set records without the cheating. Don't kid yourselves just because you hate NE. Those teams all were worthy of being in those superbowls. And "tainted" or not, they got to experience something many jets fans can only dream of.

10. GreenMachine

Pats fans love taint.

11. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

First off, there's no quotes around the word tainted around here when it comes to them. If video-taping wasn't a valuable instrument of their success, why risk it even after a warning from the league?

There was a post in one of the multitude of threads covering the similar topic of the Taintriots cheating, I looked for it, but I failed. It went a little something like:

I feel that the Patriots would still be good, they had awesome scouting and coaching. Their O-Line has one first round pick, and they are all fuckin' rockstars. Their secondary was decimated a while back, and ol' Mangini was capable of throwing a 30 yr old WR and a couple of scrubs back there to plug the holes.

But anyway, I think they were helped not only during games by knowing what was coming-but also in their off the field moves, which gave them the upper, upper hand. To answer the question, no I would not want the 3 Superbowls. The opportunity to gloat has been stripped away and even Pats fans are wondering just how good they would've been without cheating.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

FTP....Fuck The Patriots.... Thats all I can say on this issue....

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

They also love the "T'wasn't"

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i would no doubt.
    and i would be making excuses just like their fans are about my team too.

15. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

I agree..we all would love that feeling, just once..

16. We've def. paid our due's...thats for sure.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I would rather deal w/ what Pats fans are dealing w/ now after winning 3 Super Bowls than not win any. Nobody can replace those feelings of watching their team win it all 3 times, no matter what spygate does to their legacy and we all know if this was the Jets instead of the Pats we'd be making the same excuses the Pats fans are now.

it is depressing to think how close we were to being the Pats, if Belichick stays then the staff stays, Pioli stays, we probably get Brady(we wouldn't have had the luxury #1 pick we got for BB to take Chad) we have multiple Chmapionships w/ other fans complaining about how we cheated. What could have been.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

'What would have been'? This thread makes me sick. That prick Belichick gave us the high sign on his way out the door and you're thinking about how life would be if he stayed? Bill Belichick hates the Jets. It never would have been.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He hated Parcells, he hated gutman. He would have been great here if Parcells wasn't hanging around. Not only did BP screw us by quitting after '99 he also cost us Belichick.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I would admit it was had through ill-gotten means. And, I wouldn't pretend and lie to myself and the world at large that it was anything but. Stinky chit smells twice as bad through a cloud of cologne.

Hey, ever read Steinbeck's 'The Winter of our Discontent'? Holy Hell, the most depressing book ever, but the main character...Nevermind, I won't give away what kept me awake for three days after finishing it many years ago, but here's a synopsis:

A New Englander learns the bitter lesson that it is not possible to be a little dishonest.

And people wonder why I love books. There's a quip for every occasion.