If we get the 15th pick...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Mar 18, 2006.

1. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

This is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time.... I'm laughing my ass off right now...

This thread should be called "my draft day wet dream". The author creates a world in which anything is possible: dogs and cats live together, the stock market goes up every day, and beer is better for you than broccoli. Oh, and there's always a draft partner waiting to give you top value for your higher pick. Let's just trade down a couple of spots with our first round pick and keep picking up 2nd and 3rd round picks until we have 20 picks on the first day! It can happen!

Please stop wasting my time with this drivel.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

You guys realize all this trading doesn't happen outside the madden world, right?

3. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

That would be hot bro. I like the idea of trading down and stock piling 2 & 3 rounders. They are cheap and often end up very good

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Stop playing madden dude.

Mangold will be gone, we need to grab mangold with the 15 pick and mario williams with the 4th our best bet. We fill up abrahams spot and fill our guard spot.

Any later with any of those picks and we miss out on either.

Mario williams is a freak and can definitly play the 3-4 easily, oelhoffen is probably going to play DE and NT...for us.

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Mangold is a center, not guard

6. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

it sucks atl is being a big bag of dousche and wont let go of that first round pick

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wait you think deangelo williams will be available at 20?

HAHA

8. curtisstaysforever28

do u know how many damn "ifs" there have been, stop with these stupid threads about "what if." we'll find out what happnes when it does. unless u have a damn source with a link, i really dont want to hear it. the jets have so many holes on the team, brick, hawk, davis, williams, etc would all be good. post something with meaning..jeez

and dont worry, i'm not singling u out, i was just using ur quote as an example

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well, that's kind of the idea of a message board.

10. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

I'd rather draft Leonard Pope from GA in the second than this other TE everyone is calling a superstar. He was awesome at GA and tore it up at the combine.

11. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

I like Pope as well. Very big dude, with great hands. All around good TE.

12. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

if we get ashworth we dont have to address ot in the first round. I say if atl gives us the 15th pick we pick up jimmy williams. in some mock drafts they have him going a little bit above 15. we nab him and vernon davis at 9. Detroit will by in for our 4th for their 9th 40th and maybe a 3rd round pick because I heard they are desperate to get mario williams. we take mangold at 35 and with the 40th manny lawson or Thomas howard

13. green27

green27 New Member

So you guys think that we need 5 TE"S and no help for the d-line, yeah that is going to be a good game..get real mangini is going defense first. unless vernon Davis is going to help out on the defense...

14. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

You pick a TE when more important positions are already solved. We don't have the luxury of doing such a thing.

D'oh.

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

Itd be nice if it happened but some picks are a bit unrealistic.

I love the Davis pick of course. I think we need to address RB somewhere though...I like Addai in the 2nd. Not a big fan of McNeill...I think Whitworth could be had in the 3rd and end up just as good a player. Dont like picking 2 LBs...Hobson will be a great 3-4 ILB, and if we sign Kassell, then we will have a solid battle for the start, with the loser providing tremendous depth. We just need one LB- a rush backer. And you can find those easily enough on day 2

16. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

fast Lb's and a gamebreaker TE and a great center will help us rebuild