If we can't win this game throwing against this secondary

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Hunter looks horrible all night. Mulligan shouldn't be on this team. O-line looks like a joke again.

Keller not involved.

Turn overs.

Sucks!!!!!

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

anyone else notice all our WR/ TE routes the recievers run to the defender, make/ allow contact, and then attempt a cut or a fake? I honestly don't think they're coached to run to holes in coverage, or away from defenders.

This game may have been the most serious indictment against our offense. 13 possessions and a net of 7 points against the worst defense in the NFL-- and a severly depleted one at that.

3. osully55

osully55 Member

biggest problem i saw is a complete lack of a pass rush

4. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I don't see how we are going to win a championship with Sanchez unless we are prepared to stand pat for many seasons and wait for him to get his feet under him like Alex Smith has after being drafted years ago.

We need to seriously consider making a play for Manning if the Colts get Andrew Luck, for crying out loud, I'd rather have Pennington back after a season away from the game, he at least would run the offense efficiently regardless of how sucky the playcalling is.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So calling him out for a s***ty game against a horrid secondary is now equated to we need a new QB? See my last post above.

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Henne had 400 yards on this bums...

You got some issues if Henne who fucking sucks can throw on them...

Did Edelman hurt LT?

7. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

8. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

I dislike Schotty as much as the next guy but good lord this offense just can't execute chit. I hate our WR's

9. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

I had to edit my quote and it got pushed below yours. In any event, as the notation referred to on my last post, the general feel is to jump over this guy for every bad game he has. I'm sure some folks here do want a new QB, but how many times are we going to do this? I know he's not top tier, but I also know that he can win. I also want to note that Tom Brady is still pretty good himself. And I don't care where that Pats defense is ranked, everyone knows that team gets up to play the Jets every time no matter who they have out there playing.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

:rofl: Some "JETS FANS" are ******** silly at times.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

plax wasnt open.

12. Rex's Sweater Vest

how about overthrowing a wide open keller who had no one between him and the endzone.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the analysis?

I think he is just average...

1/3 brilliance. 1/3 average. 1/3 pure shit. He can't seem to do one of these 3 well...

That's what I see when watching him.

Dunno if thats the OC and his plays or Sanchez...Could be a combination of both...

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

with 43seconds to go in the 4th...

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the problem is, we have a OC who runs plays that exploit sanchez weakness.... i,e, short quick throws.

why are we throwing short, at the pats linebackers, when the pats secondary, already worst in the league, is missing 2 or 3 starters????

16. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

You would be correct, the rest of the Jets offense is ok, obviously the defense is ok. You're only as good as your weakest link and that for the Jets happens to be Sanchez to be honest.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

silly because after EVERY LOST ITS THE SAME OLD "THE SKY IS FALLING" drama. Same old "SANCHEZ CANT PLAY FOOTBALL,HES OVERRATED" nonsense.

TGG after loses is a joke and the Pats board must be laughing their asses off all the time.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

cant execute? what exactly are you supposed to do when its second and 20 and the call is a 2 yard pass to the HB?

or when its 3rd and 15 and the call is a 6 yard out ot the TE?

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The whole team played like raw shit but Sancho did show once again that he's fucking clueless.

20. Rex's Sweater Vest

Schotty is the obvious scape goat, but the truth is, Schotty has been our OC since 06, and he has had 2 legit starting QBs to coordinate the offense for: Pennington and Favre, and the offense has never been as pathetic as it is now with Sanchez. What's more is that with chad and brett we did not have nearly the kind of weapons we have now with Sanchez. TJ, Coles and Cotch with a rookie Keller vs Greene/LT Holmes Plax and vet Keller is no contest. and Pennington had the worst of it Kevin Barlow as our starting RB in 2006, with just Coles and Cotchery and no real threat at TE.

So our offenses in 2006 and 2008 (not counting 2007 hectic year kellen clemens was starting)
    both coordinated by Brian Schottenheimer had worse players are less developed talent than what we have now, and those offenses are better. What is the variable here? What has made our offense with the same coordinator but better weapons worse? The Answer is obviously the quarterback.

When Brett was here we slapped 56 points on the Cards, 47 on the Rams, 34 on the Patriots (before their defense started sucking) can you imagine us doing anything like this now? OF course not, and why is that? Our offense coordinator is the same, we have better offensive weapons, but our QB is different, not only different but worse and therein lies the problem with the offense. Schotty is no Mike Martz, but Sanchez makes him look worse than he is not the other way around as many here desperately want to believe because its easier to deal with turning on a coach than it is turning on a player.