If the pats win at 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SameOldJets2008, Dec 22, 2008.

1. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

In my view, we've already lost.

I'd say I'll be cheering for the dolphins this week, but really I don't think they need the help. Even if the Patriots or Ravens lose, it's hard to see the Jets pulling out a win, and frankly I'm not sure I want them to. The last four weeks have been some of the most demoralizing, uninspired football I've ever seen. If they come out and look like the team that beat Tennessee, I'll cheer for them, but another poor performance capped by a miracle fumble recovery to send the Patriots on their way to another Super Bowl would be the absolute worst way to end a football season I could imagine.

I would never hope for a loss for draft pick positioning or anything like that. But I'd absolutely root for a loss if it screws the patriots. And if the players know that a win puts the Patriots in, I think a loss becomes a pretty safe bet; the Jets players hate the Patriots, and I think a full month of highly publicized failure probably has these guys feeling sour enough to take it out on somebody, misery always loves company.

2. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

wtf is wrong with some of you......no matter how shitty we are.....why EVER root for another team beat us....especially the dolphins

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I still want the Jets to win regardless of whether or not we're going to get into the playoffs.

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Dunno dude. We are some of the few fans left on this board.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't watch the Jets so I can root for them to lose so that the division rival that we are playing, who has dealt us enough misery over the years to make me hate them, makes the playoffs. Will the Pats win the division in that case? Probably. Do I care? Not if it results in a Jets win. I wouldn't root against the Jets for that, just like I won't root against them for a draft pick. That, to me, defeats the purpose of being a fan.

Then again, you've been rooting against Brett Favre all year, so I'm not sure why I even care to justify it to you.

6. 4thand1

4thand1 New Member

Good luck on Sunday.

Lots of love the Kings of the AFC East - Your New England Patriots :metal:

7. Tommy22

Tommy22 New Member

Even if the Pats win, the Jets still can make the playoffs. Why the fuck would you root for Miami?

I'm sorry, even if they aren't winning the Super Bowl, I want to see the Jets play a postseason game.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Got to root for the Phins in that scenario

If Pats win the Division, they will go to the Superbowl with Cassell just like they did when Brady took over for Bledsoe.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If the pats win we might as well just lay down and die and let Penny get his revenge. Where a sad sack of shits anyway.

10. Phear

Phear New Member

all of you rooting for the phins should be ashamed of yourselves. Fuck who wins the div if ne wins it oh well but rooting against your team is disgraceful. Hell I expect it from jets and boys he's all on chads dick and has been since he joined the board. But the others, wow, I'm actually ashamed that some of you cheer for the same team as I do and the other true jet fans who post here.
    Go root for the dolphins u schmucks and prepare for some more disappointment when we stomp u on sunday.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Exactly. How are there Jets' fans on this board who don't HATE the Dolphins????? I DESPISE the Dolphins and NEVER want the Jets to lose to them. And, more generally speaking, as a JETS' FAN, if they are keeping score, then BY DEFINITION, I want the Jets to win. No matter who the opponent is and no matter what implications the outcome of the game has on the playoffs. I simply am incapable of feeling any other way.

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

A boycott sounds good.

13. Farva

Farva New Member

this is fucking pathetic.....some of you jet fans are fucking pussies....

how can any of you fuckers ROOT for the fucking dolphins, against your fuckin team?!?! jesus christ....we dont want you fucks to root for us anyways, your obviously bad fuckin luck.....

seriously....the asshats that claim to be jet fans that are rooting for the dolphins should piss on their jet jerseys, shove a pineapple up their asses....and get hit by a fuckin bus...cause thats pathetic...

you real jet fans should slap some of these bitches silly for even thinking about rooting for us....jesus christ, what HAPPENED to this rivalry?!?!

14. Farva

Farva New Member

you are a sad sack of shit excuse for a jet fan.....you should stick your dick in a ceiling fan....

15. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

Listen guys, i AM A JETS FAN Ive rooted for them through thick and thin, and i was just posing the question, IF THEY WERE ALREADY ELIMINATED, who would you rather see the dolfags with our old qb our the Pats with a highschool qb, making belicheat look like the greatest coach of all time who by the way, once upon a time did coach for the jets.

16. Phear

Phear New Member

I want to see the jets win and make the playoffs. Every thing else is irrelevant.

17. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

How anyone can root against their team is beyond me.

After losses, I always get really irrational for about an hour and say I will, but if you're actually rooting against us then GTFO.

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i understand this all hurts...but to root for the dolphins?? i mean come on...

19. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Chad sucked for way too long as a Jet?

Obviously, you haven't been a Jets fan long enough to make a statement like that. It's that kind of ignorance that led to this debacle to begin with.

Pennington, with his one division title, three playoff appearances, and two playoff wins, is 2nd only to Namath in terms of accomplishments as a Jets QB. PERIOD. Granted it's qualified praise as nothing less than a Super Bowl is acceptable, but these are the parameters we're dealing with with this franchise.

In his 4 "full" seasons as a starter with the Jets, he led the team to the playoffs 3 times. Last year was the only healthy year where he didn't. He stunk but the team around him stunk worse.

What pisses me off worse than you people rewriting Jets history is the media doing it. The "journalists" are all salivating over the delicious story of how the QB "Who wasn't good enough for Jets and Jets fans" is coming back to beat us. Well it was those assholes that wrote the bullshit that his arm would never be strong enough last year and saying he had to be jettisoned. And our asshole coaching staff bought into it.

I hate the Dolphins, I'm rooting for us to win, PERIOD. But I never wanted Favre, never wanted Pennington traded, and if we are eliminated and he continues, I will be happy for him and be disgusted at the same time.

Pennington wasn't great, but he was still only 30, had a winning track record when healthy with the semblance of a team around him, and I still think he could've taken us to a Super Bowl with a better team around him...the kind of team the Jets assembled this past offseason.

20. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Honestly i dont really care who wins, ill watch the game and ill be rooting for the jets but if they lose its watever im expecting them to lose so im not gonna get mad either way.The odds of us getting into the playoffs are too unrealistic and if we somehow do get in we dont deserve it.