If the New Orleans Saints sign Drew Brees...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 11, 2006.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

If the Saints land Drew Brees than it is good news for the Jets, because it would make D'Brickashaw Ferguson the #2 overall pick. That would ensure us one of the top 2 QBs in the draft this season.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I honestly think the Saints would LOVE to trade with us...they could get an extra pick(s) and still land a defensive player of Brick...

At this point I am hoping and praying NO signs Brees.

3. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I think Leinart is a stud and by far the best/polished QB in the draft. I do agree the media goes off on his arm strength but watching him play I can't see the big concern. Watching Pennington last couple years anyone looks like they have a cannon compared to him. I just think it will kill us giving up draft picks to move up 2 spots.

4. PennyandtheJets

It would seem like it would kill us, but in the long run it would be all worth it.

5. Khan

Khan Active Member

why does everyone think they need a defensive end? if there's any sure position on the Saints defense, it's defensive end..DT is a need, yes, but after Sullivan a few years ago I don't see them wanting one of those, their secondary is terrible, and they lack an impact linebacker to lead their defense...Hawk would make sense. Mario would not, since they took Will Smith in the first two years ago, and while Darren Howard is gone, they have Charles Grant? doesn't anyone know that he's a solid starter as well? and not just solid but a step below pro bowl caliber...

All I'm saying is, there's no sense in them taking Mario if they get Brees, they'd go for D'brick to play LT or Hawk for defense.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he gets $3 million to be bollinger's caddy, and head towel-waver for the cheerleading squad. :lol: :eek:hmy: :shit: :beer: :up:

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:wink: :lol: :grin: :rofl2:

8. PennyandtheJets

I would let Pennington play until week 8...if the Jets don't have a winning record by week 8 with Pennington...then I would make the switch to Lienart...

9. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

If they trade for Ramsey and draft Leinart, how does it work? Drop Bollinger out? I don't think Ramsey would be thrilled as the 3rd stringer. Maybe Pennington starts the year on the inactive list?

10. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

You let all 3 of them battle it out for the starting job in training camp. Then before the start of the season whoever shows the most starts then whoever showed a lot but not as much is 2nd string and then whoever didnt show the most is 3rd string.

11. PennyandtheJets

Wow that was a really weird way of explaining that.

Post 6666!

12. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

how was it weird it was just an opinion of mine that I think they should do and will do if they have those 3 QBs on the roster.

13. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Its the way you worded it, its just...I dont know...kind of funny the last part.

14. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

ok then lol.

15. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

i thinks hes gonna sign with miami.

16. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Yeah I wish he signed with NO but now it looks like we're gonna be seeing Brees twice a year. Damn....

17. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Don't be too certain of that just yet. He's asking for more money than Miami is willing to offer right now, and if something is not reached today, he's flying back to New Orleans where they've got more cash to spend. Right now, the Saints have the advantage for Brees in my opinion....