If the Jets were New England...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

What is this pile of shit?

2. Justone

Justone New Member

I didn't think the thread could get any worse. Then this guys comes out and throws out some garbage of why the jets looked vulnerable and why we should be concerned. Only to follow that up with this regurgitation.

Listen Patsfrank, clearly you enjoy the game of football. Why else would you be on the jets board? Do me a favor before i waste my time reading your garbage ever again. Learn the game of football and get the Patriot blinders off

Sanchez in his 3rd year is already better then Hasselbeck ever was. Not because i'm Jets/sanchez bias, but mainly because Hasselbeck sucks. O'brien is with an E not an A.

I really don't want to get into the entire shotty conversation but it is pretty evident if you watch any Jets games that shotty holds Sanchez back not the other way aroung. I understand that you wouldn't have seen this last year during the playoffs because you were probably like every other Pats curled up in a fetal position watching the Bruins talking about how much you love hockey and you don't even care about football right now.

Haters are gonna hate and you clearly are a hater. 60% of his passes (59% last night and playoffs he has) and doesn't see the entire field....you sound like you don't formulate one opinion for yourself just listen to felger/the big show all day long.

To the original poster, forget about the Pats or what the media says. Jets fans know what we have going right now. Its nice to finally watch games and not get too high or too low just knowing they have a good team and will always be in the game. Except for that beat stick they took in foxboro last year.

3. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Oh, Rocky, the same old, same old. When you are confronted with any fact or opinion that doesn't lionize your team, fall back on the old spygate rebuttal. How pathetic. Oh BTW in playoff games the Pats have won 3 "since spygate".

In the future if you can't offer something substantive to the conversation, why don't you just step aside and let the more intelligent Jet fans give their opinions. OK now feel free to tell me to go **** myself, or some other tired remark.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We won a few games in that fashion last year too,on the way to the acfcg. I would have it no other way. If everyone wasn't changing New Englands diaper,the Jets may not have been so fired up for the plyoff game last year. let them keepmdoing it and hating on us. It works better.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was thinking the same thing but I don't care what people think. Your down 14 in the 4th quarter and you win. There may be some luck in that but you still need to make plays. Team that are Super Bowl caliber make plays teams that are also rans don't. The Jets made plays when they needed to and as result won the game. When we lose that game the national media says we're pretenders but when you win that game it's luck. We can't win with them regardless so who cares what they think?

6. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I agree with the OP. If the Patriots had won last night, the media is not talking about them being lucky, the media is talking about how mentally tough and prepared they were to capitalize on the Cowboys' mistakes, they would also highlight the fact that they would have had zero penalties (which I heard only one news program mention)

But all in all I am satisfied with the game compared to last year's opener.

It was raining yellow confetti last year against the Ravens with penalties all over the place. Last night we had ZERO penalties.

Mark looked horrendous last year; he looked good last night with only 1 bad decision with the pick, not to mention he needs to gain more awareness of where potential blitzers will come from such as when he got stripped.

Plax looks good, Keller looks good, LT looks good, Santonio looks good, Special teams looks good including FOLK who everyone was terrified about a year ago.

the only causes for concern are the o line and greene as an every down back, and the fact that cro seems to be a very slow starter; looked even worse in last year's opener, but his game picked up throughout the season culminating in a fantastic playoff performance.

Compare the concerns after last years opener and the concerns today, and today's concerns pale in comparison IMO.

7. patfanken

patfanken Banned

If you choose to ignore the OBVIOUS issues I mentioned that your right. But if the Pats run game is limited to 46 yds or Brady is sacked 4 times or the defense give up over 400 yds in offense, I know I will have severe concerns about my team, win or lose.

Don;'t worry about my football knowledge. I'll match mine with anyone on this board, not that it matters. Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't want to hear what i have to say. I come to a Jets board SPECIFICALLY to get opposing opinions. I don't expect people to agree with me. But I do expect them to offer some other than "I don't want to hear it" when responding. I didn't make up the numbers I cited.

Really, Hasselbeck for his career has more TDs than Picks, he has a better completion percentage, passed for more yds per season,, AND has actually led his team to a superbowl. All this playing for a much less talented team. If Sanchez manages to have as good a career as Matt Hasselbeck, then Jet fans are going to be very happy. Maybe its you who should take off the "blinders"

If you actually believe that then you would also have to admit that the Sainted Rex Ryan is an idiot for keeping him around,

I mean how smart would Rex be to keep around an anchor on Sanchez's neck.....if it were true, He can't be a "brilliant" coach if he keeps someone around who is "single handedly" keeping poor Mark down. Especially when its "so clear" to a football expert like you. its either one or the other. Pick

your team won the playoff game and after over a 40 year march through the desert, you deserve at least that much satisfaction. Enjoy it while you can.:wink:
    Felger actually LOVES the Jets and the way they do business. He can only DREAM that BB would be the walking quote machine that Rex is.

I admit I'm a hater. I hate the Jets just like I hate the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, and Rangers. But I didn't post angry shots at the Jets. I offered an opinion that was pretty obvious. Nice win, Lucky to get, BUT there are some troubling aspects to this game that had better improve. That's what I said. If you disagree than you should have offered more than just taking a shot at the messenger

Yes it IS a nice feeling. One that I have had for over a decade now.

8. RUSH

RUSH Member

nah bro, thats just espn. Everybody else was on our dick!!1

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets were pretty fucking lucky last night.

10. ........

........ Trolls

This is dumber than anything the poster you quoted said. Hasselbeck was a very good QB for a few seasons in his career, so it's absolutely foolish to suggest that Sanchez is better than he ever was. I'd love to have Sanchez with a season in which he completes 65% of his passes, scrapes 4000 yards, and has nearly a 3-1 TD/INT ratio. Had you said "Sanchez is better right now than Hasselbeck was at this point in his career", you'd have been absolutely right. Dead on. What you said, though, simply isn't true.

Right now, Sanchez is a very promising young QB who has been great in the playoffs. People on this board do have a tendency to overrate where he is right now. If he cuts down on the bad decisions, fixes the issues he has with quick snap tosses, and establishes consistency, he'll be a great QB. Right now, he's average in the regular season (including last night) and excellent in the postseason.

Personally, I think he puts it together.

11. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the only fact is that since the league shut down their spy-cam operation, they have won zero super bowls and how many playoff games? the only team who's playoff number they seem to have is the steelers.

12. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Im wishing they come up with a new scheme or something .. Maybe bug the opposing locker rooms or something .. I want that 4th Lombardi soon .. :drunk:

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Note NE's home winning streak. They even have a secret camera in the visitors shower for bradyfaps.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Is there any doubt that this guy is nothing but a flat out troll?

15. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

wireless CCTV technology is amazing these days .. Filming practices, maybe?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As much as despise the Pats all we need to do is watch Brady tonight and be reminded of what a powerful first class offense looks like. Incredible passing game

17. hang3xc

hang3xc Member

The 2 luckiest things I've seen as a Pat's fan is A.) Obviously.... the Tuck Rule
    & B.) The end of the Ravens game during the undefeated regular season. The Ravens stopped us near the goal line and WON.... except someone called time out before the snap. Nobody was aware of it at the time. Pat's fans were bumming, Ravens were rejoicing. then... the confusion set in. Whaddya know, the most untimely timeout ever taken. Pat's get a "do over" and win. (Honestly I don't remember if Pat's were on offense or d at the time, pretty sure it was offense, and they were originally stopped)

Pat's should've lost that game 2 or 3 times, but somehow they just kept luckin' out their ass

I know there were many more.

Having said that, Romo GAVE THAT GAME AWAY at the end. WHAT A CLOWN. WHAT WAS HE DOING ?!?! Jet's get lucky again. Yes, in the end the D MADE the plays, but they were handed up on a platter.

How stupid did Romo look when his center snapped him the ball and he had NO idea it was coming. What a TOOL

And so it begins.... Pats & Jets both 1 & 0

18. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

The Jets entered the fourth quarter down ONE touchdown, I don't understand the luck bullshit.

We made mistakes the Cowboys made mistakes and that's how it wen't. Dallas defense could have stopped us from scoring a TD in the 4th but didn't, they could have sacked Sanchez at least 9 times but didn't. So, what? Because they were getting good pressure majority of the game we were lucky to win? Come on now, nothing happened in that game that was out of the Jets control to make them lucky or make the Cowboys unlucky, people make mistakes in every game, it's football, if you block a punt and return it for a TD, that's just the game of football, it happens. If you throw a dumbass interception because all your receivers are tightly covered and are going to get sacked, that isn't unlucky, that is just fucking up under pressure.

If we won the game because of a botched call by the ref, THAT would be luck but that didn't happen, you know what did happen though? The Jets committed NO penalties.
    If we won the game because a fucking bird flew into a ball perfectly passed by Tony Romo, knocking straight into the hands of a Jets defender who ran it in for 6, that would be luck, but that didn't happen. You know what did happen? The Jets persevered and deserved to win because of it and did.

/rant

#78 JetsYankeesThrylos, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nice to see Bellishit's new defense is even worse than the old one and that Miami's is even worse than that.

And how much are they paying 85 and fat Albert? I will be surprised if either is still on the team by week 4. In fact I will be surprised if fat Albert can even get his fat ass off the ground by then.

#79 Don, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

stupid thread. Stop wasting time complaining that the sports world doesn't respect the Jets as much as the Pats. After an exciting week 1 win, there's still complaining over something.