If the Jets stay at #4 and #29, who do you take?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 21, 2006.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i think if we're looking for a playmaker on Offense, we should trade down a few spots and take Vernon Davis. He gives us another target and provides blocking, which consequently helps the OL.

Then with the 29th pick, go with the BPA at one of the positions we need (i.e. OL, D, etc).

It's not totally imperative to draft a DE early - or even this year for that matter - because we have Kimo for a couple of years. Kimo and Ellis is a decent tandem, so we can spend the early picks on something more urgent.

cheers

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think that is an absolutely horrible idea. If we're gonna give up both of those picks we need to go for #1 and get Bush. The Texans have a RB who is good, so Domanic Davis will be out of Houston this season maybe, but next for sure. Houston is certainly not sitting there saying that beyond a shadow of a doubt they must have Bush. I even heard they are listening to offers for the first overall. Bush is a safer bet than Leinart. Leinart has had injuries and his arm is like Chad's was. The Jets have a long way to go before we are great so there's no need to make a drastic move to get Leinart when #4 and #29 can get us 2 immediate contributors.

3. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Here is what I would do, I would wait to see who is on the board at 4. Chances are two qbs will be there at four. I would then take offers and trade down. Maybe we can swing a deal with Oak to get the number 7 and there first rd pick next year. There I would see if Cutler is there. If he is I would take more offers to see if a team in the 10-15 range is there that needs a QB. I would trade down to a team like Minny and get an additional pick a 2nd or 3rd. THen you take Vernon Davis or Deangelo Williams. The reason for my thinking is I really want to give Ramsy a shot and if it down work out Oak is going to have a top ten pick next year. At 29 Im not so sure yet give me some time to think.

4. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

This would be sweet from what I've read. I'd also consider Hawk at #4.

5. 99SACK

99SACK New Member

Trade up with New Orleans and get Lienart. If not and we stay at 4 & 29...

#4 - Hawk
    #29 - Mangold

:finssuck: