If Tebow started for Jacksonville, will they still suck?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Well damn I guess I underestimated you then. You are a super groupie

Being a fan of one player on a 53 man team is extremely lame and stupid for that matter. That explains why you have such distorted views of how football works. You have no attachment to any of the other guys working hard.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

As long as Gene Smith and Blaine Gabbert are in Jacksonville, THEY WILL BE IRRELEVANT!!!

Also Blaine Gabbert as a Captain is a bigger joke than having Santonio Holmes as a captain. Gabbert has ZERO leadership skill and is the softest QB ever.

#62 Diddy, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sorry I was tolling there in my last post, I actually think it might have been a good move for Tebow not to go to Jacksonville this season, that team is embarrassing to watch.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Is Gabbert really the captain? that's impossible, are you joking?

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My guess is that they'd already be 11-0 if Tebow were starting.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Don't make me laugh :rofl:

The Baguars suck!

8. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

And you and Phaytal are Negpies, which is basically a negative groupie. Negative groupies follow guys they dislike to boards and teams they don't care about just to waste time commenting ont he guy they hate. You both are complete retards in my opinion and should get a dayplanner and try and list 20 more positive things you can do on a daily basis than Negpie it up here.

9. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Out of curiosity, what do you call a person who joins a forum not directly related to their "53 man team" and starts ragging on the members every chance he gets? You tell me since you seem to be quite proficient at it. You're also pretty darn good at name calling, perhaps you can come up with something that those of us who are becoming extremely bored with your posts can refer to you.

SF

10. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

They are self appointed saviors of the ganggreen, at least in their own minds.

SF

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You presume to know a lot about me.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Keep telling yourself that bro

Well, negpie has been proposed. Which sounds like an appropriate term for a groupie to use so I'd go with that

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You do realize that you are a Miami Dolphin fan posting in a "Tebowmania" forum, right? Just asking.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's some really odd logic. Tebow had won so many one possession games so obviously he was going to comeback vs KC and clinch the AFC West with a win last year, right? The Jets never won in Pitt so why go there and try in 2010 to fight for a playoff spot. The Pats whipped the Jets 45-3, so why go to Foxboro and play that game in the playoffs, just gonna happen again.

I applaud you for having such a high belief that JAX could keep games at one possession and Tebow would yet again be given chances to win the game and do so on the last possession. Nothing from Tebow shows he can carry a team, let alone consistently play well enough in games to give the team the win. He like 20+ other QBs needs a solid team around him to perform well. He won't be getting that in JAX. Through 9 games the Jaguars have not held a team to two scores. Tebow got that 6 times and took advantage 5 times.

The Denver defense held teams to 24 or less (3 possessions) 10 times. JAX has done it 2 time so far, meaning they could do it for the next 7 games and not match Denver's defense last time. I don't see Tebow as consistent enough to put enough good drives together to overcome that defense. He played his best when games were close and 2 possession or less, going 5-1 in those affairs with the Broncos last year. Outside of that he went 2-3 with the Broncos as they struggled consistently throwing high numbers on the board. I see that same exact problem occuring in JAX with no defenders or pass rushers coming off an injury. I just don't see how Tebow turns them into a playoff contender. Brady, Peyton if 100% can probably make them go 9-7/10-6. Brees/Rodgers/Eli/Big Ben could probably go in the 6-10/8-8 territory. I see the rest of the QBs in the leage going in the 6-10 or worse. I just don't see JAX being good enough to give Tebow that late drive and letting him execute. I don't see Tebow playing well enough consistently enough to give himself that last drive either. The defense just won't give him that shot.

15. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

So true, I think the Jaguars are so bad they would never give Tebow an opportunity for "Tebow Time" to occur. The Jags need to blow up the entire organization. Fire Gene Smith, fire Mike Malarkey, cut Blaine Gabbert, heck even fire the ball manager. Build with a new QB, whether that be with Tim Tebow, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or another QB (maybe getting a vet like Jason Campbell/Kyle Orton). If you go with Tebow or another QB that isn't going in the first round, trade your top pick and try to get Manti Teo or Jarvis Jones. With those picks build your team around your new QB. If this happens I think that the Jaguars can be a respectable team again, though trading that top pick and making Tebow or a QB that doesn't cost a 1st to get will be my strategy. You can rebuild quicker and Geno Smith/Matt Barkley I don't think are special like Andrew Luck is.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I think it's safe to assume that most QBs do not come back from games when they are down by 3 possessions or more. Wouldn't you agree?

But...

- Down 15 points with 5:23 remaining in the 4th quarter against MIA
    - Down 10 points with 4:34 remaining in the 4th quarter against CHI
    - Down 10 points with less than 3:00 remaining in the 3rd quarter against OAK
    - Down 17 points at halftime against HOU

Yes, they are not all three possession games, but in the two possession games, look at the amount of time left in order for his team to win. In fact, I'd argue that teams were very afraid of Tebow in the 4th quarter. You pretty much had to knock the game out of reach early if you wanted to beat his team. Which is what the Pats did so effectively.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The point is that most good QBs don't get down by 3 possessions so it is irrelevant. Which I don't know why that was thrown in there as your premise when only 1 of those games was a 3 possession game. Derp

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Because for some stupid reason, people discount the games where Tebow participated in a win because the defense kept it close -- talk about DERP. Most wins involve both sides of the ball. Just about every big win Joe Flacco's ever been involved with involved the Ravens defense playing well, and the Ravens run game -- that's how they do it.

Besides, in the small sample of Tebow games, there was a shootout win over the Vikings, a thrashing of the Raiders in their building, and a complete 60 minutes against the Steelers.

If people would stop doing mental backflips to justify how the Broncos went 8-5 with Tebow at the helm, and only admit 2 things: (1) that whatever else, he was a good enough NFL quarterback to get the job done in the wins; and (2) that the Broncos were at least not a dominant roster to do it with.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't think people are discounting the wins more than they are realizing that it is an insustainable model for winning.

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

So many stupid haters don't even know what's happening on the sideline during a game. They assume a real game is like a XBOX game. Damn it, they don't know the importance a spiritual to pump up adrenalin level in the heat. To win close games, you have to inspire players to keep on fighting till the end, never giving up, never having the sense of doom. Don't understand what I am talking about? Watch Philip Rivers' body language in close games, you will understand what a contagious loser looks like. Tebow is the exact opposite. I watched his games in stadium close to bench. He has a special trait to pump up other players. So I laugh at those stupid fans who claim those magic defensive or special team plays had nothing to do with Tebow. They don't understand the real chemistry, the mental things in a real game. They really don't understand how freaking crazy it means to other players your team has a QB who would never give up, who will play with full intensity with a broken hand, broken leg or broken rib.
    They don't know, they don't understand, and they will never appreciate it.

#80 _Jet_, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012