If Pennington is back to his old self...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, May 2, 2006.

1. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Penny will never be his old self, but hypothetically speaking if he was he would start, and we might make the playoffs.

2. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

NYJ 16-0 in 2006

Superbowl champs

I'm an optomist and expect the best to happen every year (which probably isn't a good thing being a Jets fan).

3. jetsrule128

jetsrule128 Banned

wow you guys are rude i belive in chad

4. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of the comments either! What teams shut down Chad? Oakland(Superbowl runnerup in 2002), New England(Perennial Superbowl Champion or Contender), and Pittsburgh(15-1 team in 2003). Could it be the Jets as a team where not as good as these teams(not mention the Herm factor)? Every QB struggled against these teams! Roethlesberger struggled even worse against the Jets D in that playoff game, in the end Pittsburgh won because of a superior O-line/running game. Despite his physical limitations Chad is a competitor and a winner. He beat San Diego in the playoffs with a torn rotator cuff, for crying out loud! I don't know if Chad will ever make it back to his pre-injury form, but to say he was always more bad than good is just retarded!

5. baamf

baamf Active Member

Even if (and that is one big ass IF) Chad is healthy, you have to remember he is now learning his 3rd offense and won't have the practice time in minicamps and training camp and will likely not be coming out of the box strong. And that goes for the defense as well. Face it, this is a huge transition year for this franchise, don't raise your expectations too high.....