If Mo went to Dallas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Who do you hope the Jets get at #4

1. Myles Jack

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Carson Wentz

19 vote(s)
    38.8%
  3. Jared Goff

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Laremy Tunsil

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Jalen Ramsey

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

nothing BUT the point was he HAS shown signs

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That would be me. I don't project out the futures of all QBs as I don't have the time nor desire to study all of them; I don't get paid to do that. However, every once in a while there will be a guys I like based on what I've see and express my opinion. I had hits and misses like everyone; football success has way too many variables, even more so when talking about the QB position.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think to an extent so is Petty, he appears to have the work ethic and talent to not be just another QB with massive potential. I think Jones, Hack and Jones all have great ceilings, but extremely small floors. However I see Jones and Hack as guys that don't really seem to be all that accountable for their play. Petty so far his personality is setting himself apart from those 2. We won't know until preseason.

I think Hack has a far better shot at being a good QB in comparison to Jones, Jones has nothing really going for him except for a rocket arm and a strong physique. I don't think he has great football IQ and you can argue he may have been a product of Devin Smith.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Cardale got a raw deal last year. He was thrown into a QB competition, never really given the reigns, and benched at first excuse for the coaches "guy". He actually wasn't bad, it's just that, like you said, he's a QB in the mold of Roethlisberger and he was put into an typical college system of dinking and dunking and running the ball down people's throats. Imagine if he was put in a system that utilized his skillset properly. There's no denying his potential. He went from practically not playing a snap to walking in and man-handling the best teams in the country.

CJGreen likes this.
  5. legler82

With regards to Cardale Jones, I repeat the following:

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Coming from where he's coming from he might need to sit.

7. legler82

Like Flacco? Oh wait...

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I can't speak to the politics but in my eyes the cream rises to the top.

He was massive those last few games in 2014 and it's like he became an afterthought.

_

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You get the 4th pick for Mo and both QB's are there?

And people are gonna pick anything but a fuckn QB?

Gtfo

You take the QB. Whichever one you like more. Then you take a T. Then you cross your fingers o_O

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In the NCAA, I believe the counter should be "shit also floats".

74 likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ummmm no way Dallas gives us 4th overall for Mo and his future salary....

I could see them part with their 2nd + conditional 3rd 2017 if he signs an extension.

12. JStokes

[​IMG]
    _

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I like Petty, don't get me wrong. I thought of him as the 3rd best QB in last year's class because he has all the physical and mental traits you want from a QB, and if I were in Macc's shoes, I would absolutely have traded up to take him. But Wentz has all those tools too, and unlike Petty actually showed he can use them in a pro style system. Goff doesn't have the best physical traits, but he has the mental part down, and he played in a much more sophisticated system than Petty. If anyone can make the leap Petty has to take, it's Petty, but the odds are against him making it. Whereas the jump for Wentz and Goff isn't nearly as big, so they're more likely to succeed.

Also, by saying Wentz and Goff are better than Petty, I don't mean that as a knock on Petty. I really like Wentz and Goff and think people are underrating them kind of like people underrated Petty.

14. JStokes

That's cool--and while I'm intrigued by Wentz regardless of the system he was in, I am suspect of the competition. I think I love the guy but I just can't tell based upon who he played against.

Silly analogy--say there was a HS QB that ran a pro-style offense--would that give him a leg up on a massively productive college QB that ran a spread offense?

Obviously not, but that's my dilemma.

That's my issue with Goff-the lack of physical traits. And folks may point out my man love for Teddy but I think Teddy has superior arm talent, is a superior athlete and has a much higher football IQ. And is tough as nails.

Goff scares me as a Cali kid.

_

15. HomeoftheJets

Of course it wouldn't, but Wentz isn't a HS QB. He ran a massively productive college offense at the FCS level, which is way above a HS offense. Aside from strength of competition, Goff is a weaker prospect than Wentz, but Cal's offense is still way more advanced than Baylor's.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Cowboys have a worse cap situation then we do don't they?Wilkerson,Revis and D Brick make up 30% of our salary cap.Now call me crazy but don't we keep the younger of the three who's in his prime (Wilk)and cut or trade D Brick?

17. JStokes

Again, Wentz's competition was way beneath Petty's and Petty has much more arm talent and is bigger and more athletic and IMHO was a more productive QB irrespective of system than Goff.

_

18. HomeoftheJets

Which is why I thought Petty was underrated; people cooled on the Baylor system because of RG3's failures without taking into consideration part of the problem may have been RG3. But as far as I know, there are no successful NFL QBs who have come out of a system like Baylor's. Whereas there are successful NFL QBs coming from weaker competition (Flacco, Romo) or with poor tools (Dalton, Alex Smith).

19. JStokes

I believe it's the player, not the system they played in as 21 year olds. Always have.

Marcus is going to be a massive QB because of his talent, and won't be held back by the system he was in in his formative years.

_

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

So that means if Flacco did it, Wentz will too?