If Mangini refuses to start Clemens...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by _AG_, Oct 2, 2007.

?

Mangini fired if he won't start Clemens?

1. Yes, he should be fired at the end of the year.

48 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

144 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

First they rip into your QB over and over again, even in victory. They insist on ripping apart the the losses as well as the victories. Dragging the Quarterback through the mud. Tearing him down on all forums to get their point accross. Eventually the fans start believing it, and the stadium eventually starts to quite down during games because they hate the QB. After the "12th man" is put to sleep, they will start ripping into the coach. Even after a surprise rookie season that swings into a playoff birth. They will continue to drag the team, the fans, and the coaches through the mud until eventually, we are not Jet fans anymore.

Sometimes thats what this forum makes me feel like. Constant negativity. no backing up of players (esp. the QB), absolutely no support, no solidarity what so ever, just blathering and complaining and spewing venum on every subject in order to crush any hope of enjoying a forum built to support the team.

Chad may not be the answer, but he has guts and spirit and he wears Jets colors with pride and deserves much better then some of you people give him. I am not saying all of you, but some of you are the opposite of what I would call a New York Jet fan. I hate to lose and I love to win, but I will support Jet football players like Chad everytime. I would support Clemens too as a Jet QB but he will have to win that support. Chad has done exactly that as far as I am concerned.

Mangini fired? wow.

#21 fake_crs, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

this thread is way out of line. We are all eager for change but iF YOU HAD ANY KIND OF SENSE you would look at San Diego and know that
    [​IMG]

3. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

I completely agree here. Some stability would be nice.

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Wow...

Mangini fired if......

where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Seriously...

5. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

can we have a poll on stupidest polls? i have my pick.

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If the team goes 4 & 12 and Clemens doesn't get significant playing time with the first unit I would be very dissapointed. I go back a long way and I remeber going 5 & 8 with Namath but at least every game was incredibly exciting with action all over the field and big plays every time we had the ball. Watching Chad decide which side of the field to throw a 5 yard pass is only tolerable if the team is winning.

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

First, Mangini has not earned a firing, yet, by along shot. Clearly there will likely have to be adjustments made duriing and after the season, which may include going with Kellen over Chad. It is a possibility, not a certainty, yet.

Do I think we go 4-12, No. We are better than that and this CS will proove that we are beter than that. With the current state of things, we are good for around 7 wins. That could change if the defense starts kinking butt.

8. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

It has to happen this weekend, put in KC.

9. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

this threat is one of the funniest ones i have seen here haha...mangini will start pennington for the next 2 games vs the giants and philly unless injury happens...but if we go 1-5 to start the season...clemens will get the nod before the cincy game

but no mangini will not get fired if he doenst start clemens...we will see pennington until mangini knows its over

10. Sect120

Sect120 Member

Maybe I misread this. If Clemens doesn't start another game for the rest of the year and we go 4-12 Mangini should be held responsible.

I expect if we are 2-8 at that point Clemens should start. And the rest of the season called a learning experience.

But in no way should Clemens start the next 12 games.

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This is kind of ridiculous, threes only one coach that will get fired after only two years of service and that coach is.......Norv Turner (After he runs the Chargers into the ground). Mangini knows better then all of us what the Jets are up against. Maybe stop somebody on third down and that Poultry 14 points may have been enough. Chad Pennington will be the starter until the point of no return! Its kind of funny we had conversation about Herm pushing the Tampa cover two , and our d coordinator not being familiar with it and not having the personnel for that either. Times are tuff right now and after that 12 sack shellacking that the G men put on Philly, we are in for more bad times (I have my tickets and plane fare all ready) So I will be witness to the game next week and Ill tell ya if the offense cant score and threes no switch made then its written in stone the same way Herm would never pull Chad regardless of the in game problems I will take a different stance on our current HEAD COACH!

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

What has to happen this weekend is our defense has to show up for 60 minutes.

13. ........

........ Trolls

There really shouldn't be a set record at which point Clemens comes in. It shouldn't be "If we're 1-4" or "If we're 1-6". It should be "Clemens should come in as soon as the CS has developed a gameplan in practice in which Clemens will be successful, and is ready to commit to that gameplan." We all know that Chad and Clemens are very different QBs. We have a gameplan that nobody other than Chad would be successful in. Hopefully they've already started, and will continue, planning for Kellen's first start, but I don't know when that will be.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

stop it with the crappy threads, please

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I actually think we should go with a 2 coach rotation

When it seems Mangini is making retarded decisions by overthinking things, we can bring in a coach without a brain, like Denny Green, to make the obvious choices.

Think about it: Mangini's discipline and gameplanning with Green's well duh style could just be what we need to get to the next level.

It just might work.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet if you were able to check the 2002 archives for this site you'd find a thread asking if Herm would be fired at the end of that season for not starting Chad after a dismal start with Vinny under center.

17. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

It was happening in 2001 actually.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We don't fire coaches anyway, they leave on their own. Moot point.

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hold on a second.... are we 4 weeks into the season? Cause just for a minute I thought maybe it was the off-season. :breakdance:

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Or trade them away for more draft picks....