if jets lose last two rex is fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Dec 20, 2013.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What identity is that? Choose below.

Draft exclusively for defense, especially D line. Play 290 lb. DE at LB. Forget offense.
    Sign retread safeties when teams with a WORSE record cut them--You know better
    Tattoo loser QB numbers to your body and chirp "Mark gives us the best chance to win"
    Pick captains for the team and then watch your appointed captain MELT DOWN in the huddle
    Coach the team to 3 consecutive non-winning seasons--Who cares if we lose, right?
    Pick 3 different offensive coordinators 3 consecutive seasons and watch offense suck
    Remain clueless on clock management and when to go for 2 points
    Constantly beat your chest that you are best man for job--nothing is your fault
    Suck up to new GM by grading his draft A + regardless of how draft picks play

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But that identity has made the 49ers and Seahawks contenders. Proving that it can work.
    But if the GM knows what kind of team Rex envisions then he should bring in players that fit that style of play.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

decision has already been made. last two games are not relevant.

if idzik is free to choose, he's gone.

if woody insists on confining idzik to personnel player draft/cap/free agent decisions, he has a chance that the owner will keep him another year , to the end of his contract.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Seriously. Let's not strive for anything too much above .500 after half a decade. We are the Jets after all.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

show link or other proof to the insight you have to organization please

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Mangini had us 8-3 and we were the best team in the AFC then we collapsed and missed the play offs only winning one more game the rest of the season.

This is nothing like that. I don't think these last 2 games really matter.

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

You guys going way too hard on rex... i wish i was on here in rex's first two seasons to see how the guys that are bashing him now were probably loving every minute of rex ryan football... come on we all know were gonna build up nicely this offseason especially on the offensive side of the ball.. rex can work with whatever defense he has and be above average.. give rex another shot with some REAL offensive talent to bring that spark back to this team.. Those playoff moments were special and Rex was the main reason why.. he brings that swagger and confidence to this team when their winning.. wtf is he supposed to do with this crap roster right now?

8. Mitch_Dumstein

Excellent post and a nice shot to the chops of the Joe Benigno "Fire Everybody and start over every three years "class of posters.

We were predicted by that same gang to win three games. Winning probably seven in a rebuild year.... not good enough though....Fire everybody!!!

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How many super bowls have those teams won lately? Oh wait....

10. Elephant

Elephant New Member

yeah but rex ryan won with mangini players and the team has gotten worse under ryan

can't people see this?

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The Ravens that played that style won it last year. Oh wait. The 49ers that played that style was in the SB last year. Oh wait. The Seahawks are arguably the best team in the league. Oh wait.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Where are the guys he cut who are now turning All Pro? At least name a couple who are top ten in their position now.

13. 94Abraham

The Ravens have an offense and relied on it to win games in the postseason last year. Horrible comparison. Those teams arent scared to let their offense make plays like unlike Rex has been for 5 freaking years with this offense. You really cant compare the style of play because those two teams arent just one dimensional like this Jets team is.

#33 94Abraham, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  14. 94Abraham

No one gives a shit on who predicts what. Its all media driven opinions. Those same folks picked the Texans to make the playoffs this year. The premature fire everybody would make sense if it was after a year or two but five years is plenty of time to know what you have and dont have.

15. 94Abraham

Sad part is, most Jet fans are so used to losing they are jumping for joy over a coach who boasts this very mediocre record and will tear anyone down who insists a change is needed. The same group of people who worship everything he does and give him little to no blame for any of the offensive struggles and personnel selection.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hold Rex responsible.

When Tanny wanted to waste a 2nd round pick on Hill, instead of saying "Who the hell is Hill???" Rex should have reached across the table and punched Tanny in the mouth.

When Idzik wanted to waste a 2nd round pick on Geno Smith, instead of saying "Who the fuck is Geno Smith???" Rex should have reached across the table and punched Idzik in the mouth.

Yes, I hold Rex responsible.

17. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

How the hell did you turn "Does he shoulder some blame?" into Cutting All Pros? Here are the questions again.
    Do you not hold him partially responsible for the current state of the roster? Is he completely without blame?

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

COMPLETELY? No, probably not; but minimally. The point is the team, as a whole, is crap and building the team is the responsibility of the GM, not the coach. My point is that no one can point to a player who was on the team who could be making a difference who is elsewhere because of anything we know Ryan has done.

If there is an expose tomorrow in the Post that shows that Ryan initiated the departure of Revis or put the kibosh on a trade for Brady, I'd be driving him to the airport. All we have now is whiners speculating on how Ryan, not Tannenbaum or Idzik, has screwed up the last five drafts. If you don't like the guy - fine, but try to find a better reason than mismanagement of the draft to pin on him. I heard beer sales in Section 125 are down - is that his fault, too?

19. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Besides Weeb (SB3) & Parcells (HOF), Rex is 1 of ONLY 3 coaches in JET HISTORY (Weeb <SB3> & Parcells <HOF>) to have bought some relevance/pride & a modicum of success to this franchise. Sure he's made his share of mistakes (biggest being agreeing to take on "Terrible Te-Blows" amongst others) but I give the man props for getting the most out of a Jet-collective that was deemed
    @ the start of this season nothing more than a 3&13 "expansion team"! Most of us here have lived thru the "FAILS" of a Coslet, Kotite or a Mangini, etc & have LEARNED that head-coaching changes in JET-LIFE amounts to nothing than jack-sh#t! If you don't have at the LEAST, adequately talented personnel on both sides of the table, what the EFF is bringing in a new coach going to do? What kinda record would Lombardi have coaching this team? What would Cowher do different that would have made Geno more effective? Could Landry have made our secondary into a more cohesive unit? Rex & M.M. squeezed all they can from a Jet team devoid of Off talent/special teams to get to 6 wins. For that, they deserve credit. As I'm only stating my opinion - REX SHOULD STAY - if you believe he s/b fired, fine- but who in this world ya gonna replace him with & why? Change just to be changing does not always lead to success in most cases unless yr name is Rex Ryan & in yr 1st 2 yrs, you play for the AFC champeenshp & in yr 5th yr you exceed lo expectations w. a rookie qb & no w/r. GIVE REX 1 MORE YEAR...........

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

:rofl:, I would have loved to see that room, as your scenario played itself out, that's why I like this forum, people know how to have fun, even though we have passion for our team.