If I were Pennington...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's exactly right - he has already been paid his money, but for cap purposes it would all accelerate to this year if he was cut.

I really think his best option is to renegotiate for whatever he can get (probably a bit more than the Jets are offering now, but if they play hardball it will still be better than anyone else would offer a QB with his injury history), rehab and show what he can do in training camp.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i always thought i could see Chad going to Chicago if he ever left the jets

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If Chad is physically unable to play as you suggest, wouldn't he be better off taking a million from the Jets and rehabing here than getting nothing from any one else and rehabing on his own?

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Precisely. It definitely is the best move for him. He will have to work hard and try to get back into playing shape. If he is able to show his credibility in pre-season, I think trades can still be made during that time and maybe somebody would want to deal at that time when there is a playability datum established. If not, he is ready for the spring of 2007.

5. Jayboker

Jayboker New Member

doesn't matter if you have a tank of a body if your o'line is full of holes, ask Fielder that, he injured his shoulder, the same game and was out for the rest of the season. I don't think chad is like an eggshell at all. I think he was allowed in too early during his recouperation, and should have never been allowed in with the o'line performing as it has.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Carr and Bollinger seemed to survive.