"if I die I die"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jetsfansince95, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol everyone freaking out over that sentence but he does say he's wearing a mask out of respect for others.

Jonathan_Vilma and MJK like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not too far away from where I'm at at this point, to be honest.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’ve been here for years, you’re going to love it

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Just another version of Live Free or Die, he's not wrong. Although if mortality of this plague was 10% instead of 0.1% / not affecting young healthy people, he'd definitely be singing a different tune

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Honesty is against the rules during the pandemic.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Feel the same way. I follow the rules and wear the mask when I have to and social distance and all that stuff. I don't want to get anyone else sick or worse. For myself I am not afraid. I will take my chances that I will live given the odds are like 99% in my favor. I bet his opinion is shared by the majority of people as well.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

He said he's for.wearing masks to make others feel comfortable but is not gonna worry about a virus that is not gonna kill a healthy athlete...this is controversial ? Lol. BTW never wanted to sign him in the first place but this is only controversial on Twitter.

#8 MJK, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Better hope the SJW's don't see this thread and the posts..

10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Your chances of dying is 0.0000002% or something like. A virus so bad you have to be tested to find out if you have it.

ouchy likes this.
  11. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Can't really blame him. Living in fear is not really a life worth living. I admire that he doesn't fear the virus, but he's also concerned about those who are less fortunate or more vulnerable. That's something a lot of healthy individuals should learn.

The media wants you to be fearful and hate those who are not living in fear. Even if you are considerate of others, it's a power trip for the media to have others be fearful.

MJK likes this.
  12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The purpose of testing is to know that you have it and can take precautions/quarantine so you don't spread it to other people.

0.0000002% is simply not true. Your odds of dying from corona are somewhere between 1 in 2,000 to 1 in 4,000, which are greater odds than dying from the flu for example.

Anyway, Kirk Cousins is a glorified game manager who only has his agent to thank for the contract that he got. He is not worth that contract. Minnesota is one of the most run oriented teams where his job is basically to hand it off to Cook and occasionally throw a jump ball to Thielen.

13. GordonGecko

People need to educate themselves, 90%+ dying or hospitalized have a co-morbidity factor. The people affected have either high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes:
    https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Fatalities?:embed=yes&:toolbar=no&:tabs=n

Very very few under 50 years old are dying

The Sweden approach is so far the huge winner, they protect the vulnerable population and everyone else went on with their lives as normal. They apparently now have herd immunity

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Isn't there a political forum for all this crap

FlaJet likes this.
  15. GordonGecko

Yeah, it used to be called pro sports. Kap says hello

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No herd immunity has been exhibited for COVID-19 anywhere in the world.

The death rate from the virus in Sweden is five times that of its Scandinavian neighbors.

About five percent of US coronavirus deaths is people under the age of fifty.

The most important thing you have noted here is that people need to educate themselves. They should start by using viable sources from the scientific community, not from the political realm.

Woodhead likes this.