If cutler goes 3rd, do we take vince?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chad Vs THe World, Mar 5, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The Jets worked pretty hard to hold on to Penny. I am not convinced they don't want him to be the starter here.

Besides, all I was saying was that Young wouldn't be a Mangini pick, if he is of the same mindset as BP or BB. If he goes QB with those mindsets, then a Cutler or Leinhart is his type of guy.

2. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I know what your sayin and you make a good point. But another thing is that its not all Mangini's pick its Tannenbaum.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Good point there yourself. I just hope we don't wind up with a situation where our coach is forced to work with the players the GM mandates. It didn't work with Bradway, it isn't working in Detroit, and I doubt it would work here.

Who knows though? Maybe Mangini will feel like Young is the guy for him. If so, I'll have faith. Hell, I was on Herm's side until he finally skipped town, so I am not going to get down on Mangini until he gives me a reason to.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i feel the same way, i would like to see a qb drafted round 1 this year, but whatever mangini decides to do i will have faith in until he proves he isnt making good decisions and so far he has done nothing to make me think that. so whatever the jets decide to with the draft i will be happy with

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Just say NO to a QB that has an awkward side-armed delivery, and that spent his entire college career in the shotgun, checking one target and taking off running if that target was covered. Unless we're lining him up at RB, I don't want him on this team.

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

If cutler goes third.. Then we all know what QBs the jets will go after.. And if you dont know read the threads.

7. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

lol just say no to awkward deliveries. I like that kind of like a football service anouncement.

8. jhsensation10

jhsensation10 Member

no way do we draft a QB now that pennington is re-signed.. we cant afford paying a QB #4 money now.. we should say some money in order to sign some FA's and draft picks..

9. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I think Young may eventually become good, but if he drops to us, we have too many needs to fill. Rob some team blind of picks and get as many good players as we can to fill in the holes.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If Cutler is gone, we draft Young and get him taking Gingko Biloba ASAP.

11. I have a feeling that Ferg will go 3rd since the Titans released Hopkins and need a new LT.

In which case Cutler will be there for the taking.

If he does go 3, we need to either take Brick, Super Mario, or trade down. Vince's stock isnt worth the 4th right now.