Idzik spot on..sorry those who disagree

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Aug 11, 2014.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You are completely fucking clueless. No one was giving you a hard time about a typo, it is due to the fact you obviously know nothing about the Jets. First the other day when you thought Amaro played for Texas A&M with Manziel and now you claimed that, "we all observed last Thursday, Patterson and Milliner got beat repeatedly for TDs or long gains.....and this was with Milliner healthy.", besides the fact that the Colts only scored 1 TD all fucking game. Milliner also gave up exactly 0 yards in the 26 plays he was in on and broke up both passes that targeted him. Try watching the games if you intend on commenting on them.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Come on Ramon, NYJetso12's first 3 posts on this forum in 2013, all concerning a receiver (Ryan Spadola) that was released the week before by the Dolphins:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/marty-mornhinweg.78787/page-5#post-2842071
    This:
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/ny-post-jets-sign-david-nelson.79077/page-2#post-2856259
    In response to this:
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...-discussion-thread.78788/page-22#post-2846016
    \\

And then
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/ny-post-jets-sign-david-nelson.79077/page-2#post-2856259
    Those are his first 3 posts, all about a Phins player that was released and recently picked up by the Jets, and this poster is annoyed that the Jets aren't playing him against the Patriots and the Bills. After those 3 posts (since that player never actually played for the Jets), this poster's fourth post was in the thread where people discussed Chris Johnson being signed. And you can tell by the posting trends that there is a clear hate bias with this turd.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'll break it down for you. These aren't exact numbers, but they will show why it benefits next year.

If we have 20 million in cap space and do not sign a prominent star, we get to carry over 20 million ON TOP OF next years cap space. So basically when next off season begins, if we have 30 million in cap space, the 20 million adds on to that and it gives us 50 million to spend.

$30m + $20 = $50m

Same scenario except we sign Revis for $10m. That gives us $10 million to carry over to next year.

$30m + $10m = 40m.

It's irrelevant that Revis is not on the books next year. That $10m is gone because we spent it on a one year rental on a team that is not a superbowl contender. This is how they reward you for smart cap management instead of spending to the max every year. Otherwise every team would do it. There is a limit to the average amount you can carry over to prevent teams from exploiting this and building up massive cap space, but that's how the carryover rule works, in my understanding. It's not just because the cap space is still there. Otherwise you'd be right. If it weren't for the carryover rule, I guarantee Idzik would be spending most of it.

Next year we are going to have a LOT of cap space, if that's the way it goes down. Hopefully Geno pans out and then we can transform the team from a team on the cusp to a superbowl contender.

#123 Barcs, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Red Menace likes this.
  4. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

And let's not forget the huge contracts. Jets have to sign Muhammed Wilkerson, David Harris (Those two alone could consume 15-20 Mill).

A full list of notable FAs in 2015:

Muhammed Wilkerson
    David Harris
    Jeremy Kerley
    Damon Harrison
    David Nelson
    Bilal Powell

Willie Colon
    Dawan Landry
    Kenrick Ellis

Mike Vick
    Leger Douzable
    Dimitri Patterson
    Kyle Wilson
    Jaiqwan Jarrett

I would preferably like to keep all the guys in bold. Mike Vick probably won't be on the team next year....but incase Geno fails and Vick shines...they may want to sign him on a longer term deal. I like colon, but they will most likely want to move on since he is up there in age/injury concerns (they like Aboushi). But ALONE, the other guys won't be cheap. i see a good 25-35 Million here in cap spending.

That leaves 15-25 Million for other signings and free agency. Idzik is planning to save because he knows 2015 is one of the biggest FA years.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Wilkerson is on contract next year FYI, although he SHOULD be extended next offseason as its his last on a rookie deal.

Harrison is a Restricted Free Agent, meaning the jets just have to tender him and hope nobody overpays for any deal with him that they don't want to take.

Harris… will probably cost less than his current 7 million dollar cap hit, I'll say that much. But he, kerley and perhaps Nelson will cost us something close to 10 mill collectively.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"...the Jets did not even try to negotiate with Revis" What does this mean to you? Did they have his and his agents' phone numbers blocked? Did they have security designed to keep Revis and Co. off the premises? Do you really believe there were no feelers put out or responded to by the Jets or the Revis faction? What does your "logical inference" (to what?) tell you transpired when it became obvious Revis would be available? What "evidence to the contrary" are you looking for? Phone records? Drone pictures of Revis sneaking into the Jets offices?

What you call "reasoning" is opinion with no basis of fact, conjecture.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's going to be interesting to see who stays and who goes. My guess would be that Powell, Nelson, Colon, Landry, Vick, Patterson, and Jarrett are all gone. Between Douzable and Ellis, one of them stays. But of course a lot of it depends on their performance this year. Nelson could end up our #2, but if Hill emerges we're definitely keeping him and letting Nelson walk. I'm near positive Kerley will be back and the price will be right. Same with Kyle Wilson. It's still not completely out of the realm of possibility that Wilkerson will get his extension this year, and they begin negotiations after the regular season begins.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You do not understand the meaning of the word conjecture. So either learn the meaning or stop using it.

There in fact was NEVER any indication given that the Jets made ANY attempts to negotiate with him last off season. If you have any source to the contrary, put it out here, otherwise shut the F up.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's Blocker's version of dropping the mic. Doesn't work so well when you're manscaping your eyebrows.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are doing a good job of managing the cap at this point. They've got some future encumbrances in the form of at least one and maybe a couple of star-caliber players coming due. They've got a lot of other young and veteran pieces coming due next year and in 2015.

They've got some leeway because they have an option year on Mo Wilk and if Damon Harrison has another good year they can tender him an offer as a restricted free agent. The slack only goes so far though. Losing Harrison to a team that decided to give up a 1st round pick would be brutal for the Jets defense. Yeah, we'd get the pick but we might lose one of the best NT's in the business at that point. At 26 another good year by Harrison would at least have teams looking hard at him, especially teams with bad run defenses they were trying to shore up.

If Harrison shows that last year was no fluke I expect the Jets to try to lock him up by the end of the season. No point in letting a key piece hit the market even if you think you have some leverage with him.

11. Ralebird

How mature and intelligent of you!

Just because Idzik didn't personally call you does not indicate in the slightest what contacts the Jets had, or did not have, with the Revis camp. You are simply guessing, you have nothing, you're dreaming things up, YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THE F*CK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

You also apparently don't own a dictionary and are too stubborn or too ignorant to look one up online.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So where is YOUR evidence THEY DID make an offer to keep Revis. You are guessing as well! If you don't have an an iota of proof... who is really talking out his a**????

13. Ralebird

I don't have a shred of evidence! Neither does anyone else - that's entirely the point. Anyone making a definitive statement either way is talking out their blowhole.

It is logical to me that there was at least a conversation, something along the line of "How much do you want? And a reply of "That's too much." Or maybe it was about how many years each side wanted. Revis has been quoted as saying he wanted to return to the Jets. If his agents didn't at least reach out, they would have violated their fiduciary duties.

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Ok..I get it..and BARCS....I get it. Read your post too. Sooooooo...

I dont know. Listen, Im not claiming Idzik is cheap. Im not going down that road at all. In fact TONY M made very solid points to show Idzik was not cheap this year by signing Vick...adding depth. Still, it points away from cheap and instead getting caught with your pants down at a position.

Nobody can tell me because a rookie got hurt and our first round pick last year that sucked until around game 12 and then played a solid 4 games was a guy to count on as our shutdown guy. There was no depth from last year..none. Wilson tonight showed why he might be a bottom 25 percent NFL cb right now...the guy sucks.

So if the goal was to carry over the money for next year..rebuild and lets see where we are at...then why go after a Decker...a Johnson....a Vick...this year.

Why. Can anyone really tell me here that the goal this year was to have AT LEAST a top 5 defense. If nothing else...a top 5 defense.

Leaving the DB position alone was getting caught with your pants down..it wasnt...was not..cheap. I didnt want a star. Nobody wanted a guy with 30 million guaranteed back there. We wanted 1 solid above average db...and 1 solid nickel guy. Did anyone really want Wilson on this team anymore?

Now, the clock is still running and with all of this talk of holding the money for next year, Idzik, I believe, will pull a rabbit out of his hat before game 1 because this was a mistake. He knows he fucked up this position. He will try to correct it.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Idzik is spot on. Except the best Jets QBing this preseason came from a guy playing in philly for the same price we paid Vick.

The Smith debacle, is Idziks tenure.

If Smith succeeds...Idzik is successful.

So far...the Jury is out.

It's that simple.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cornerback???

Really?

How about f@@@ig QB?

Sanchez aside...ummm..we finally shed Schittenheimer, then change QB's really?

No one, supporting that idiocy has a right to bitch about the offense this season.

I pray I'm wrong, but we have an OC, with a track record. We added decent, not great skill talent. The biggest question MARK is the guy delivering the ball....

We'll see.

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

oh shit, Hobbes is back! :eek:

and I though things were gonna get dull around here… :rolleyes:

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

philly has the 2nd best offense in the nfl.. easy for him to look good in that system…it wasn't working out for him here and who knows if he wanted to be here anyway I'm sure he wanted out too