Idzik retrospective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stevied, May 30, 2024.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Guys Idzik missed (1) that we had a realistic shot of (2)

Rd 1: Derek Carr
    Rd 2: Davante Adams/Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry
    Rd 3: Trai Turner

(Yeah. Consider me STILL PISSED.)

Jets QBs at that time? Michael fucking VICK. With GENO and that Simms dude.

One has to be an utter fucking retard to waste a chance to draft a franchise QB, with a stud WR in 2nd.

Jets79 likes this.
  2. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

What happened to him, is he still a sports reporter

3. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

His twitter bio says 'NFL Reporter', before listing previous jobs. I'm assuming he's not actively working for a particular news outlet, if only because his twitter feed is 99% retweets.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would love to find out what he's doing to keep his lights on.

blackssmagic and Aero like this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This is why JD stays. He will not find a better one.

donkey, azhar80 and dmw like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Hilarious...and he needed a bigger desk to hold all those empty coffee cups!

azhar80 and abyzmul like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Mehta firing changed everything. He was creepy no doubt but at least he worked to get the scoop. The guys that are left don't.

Cimini has that nice job at ESPN so he writes stories about things that happened 20 years ago. (because yeah we all wanna know why they selected Anthony Becht 24 years ago! :rolleyes:) Connor Hughes is looking to move to a nice gig at ESPN or NFL network so he also takes the easy road to not piss anyone off. We have those girl reporters that write about the Jets WAGs (wives and girlfriends), as if women can only write stories like that. (sad)

Oh we have Rosenblatt, who has been affected the most, that guy doesn't write anything unless the Jets organizations tells him to so as fans we never get the scoop now and its a damn shame.

the real story behind Zach Wilson's "concussion", how the players feel about Rodgers' comments on McAfee show about needing to focus on football, stories about that offensive line coach that they all appear to hate, or how they are feel about Hackett? Why multiple position coaches just left.... etc.

these are Jets stories that would've been reported on in depth in the past but now big Joe Douglas has nice cushy media coverage to go with his cushy big belly

#27 BrowningNagle, Jun 4, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  8. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

Why do Jets fans need "the real story" about any of that crap. Are you a football fan or gossip fan? If you are a fan of the team, reporters like Mehta and Cimini have been crapping on the team for clicks, you should be glad they are no longer covering the team in any serious capacity.
    Bad coverage for the Jets is normalized because those those two in particular.
    I listen to the many different podcasts of Jets and for the most part these folks cover the news around the team like the newspapers should have been doing all along. I will take the less weighted media because at least they won't be trying to crap on the team for fun.
    As an aside, I think it's strange people on here still trying to justify the continued complaining about a dude not only long gone, but didn't do anything particular wrong to warrant this level of negative obsession. OMG HE HAD A BAD DRAFT. Lets talk about this dude negatively for no good reason, forever. Jeesh get over it.

9. BrowningNagle

Some of us enjoy a different perspective than the sunshine and rainbows the Jets organization officially pumps out.

you seem content as a fanboy for a losing team, cool, they rely on guys like you...

Ralebird likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I want "the real story" because the alternative is the "unreal story" promoted by the team to tell us that everything is going swell while anyone who can compare the number of wins and the number of losses knows it is not. Why are you so content to be fed that line of BS? That is the ass-covering "gossip" I detest and I'm not going to be pulled along by the nose because of it - your mileage apparently varies.

Why are you so willing to accept the idea that not only is everything okay but those real reporters telling the real truth are actually "crapping on the team for clicks?" They are the ones "telling it like it is." What kind of Wonderland are you so happy to reside within? Sometimes the baby really is ugly - denying it does not make it better. That's not "bad coverage - it's accuracy!

Go ahead and spend your day listening to fanboi after fanboi and their fantasyland podcasts telling you how good everything is - the NFL record book shows otherwise.

11. abyzmul

He had "a bad draft"??? You haven't been paying any attention at all apparently.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The truth is Idzik was so bad the Jets have still not completely recovered from his era. That flop of a draft (2014) not only crushed that season but it led to the hiring of Mac who had to spend millions in FA and cling to the hope that the old guard (Mangold, Ferguson, Revis) could hang around long enough for his prospective draft picks to take their place….we saw what happened in 2015 - close but no cigar. The team fell into complete disrepair the following year and before you know it 8 more years have gone by. JD has slowly brought in some top talent but the franchise is still searching for a playoff berth for the first time since the early years of Rex…..

So yeah Idzik was ……bad.

azhar80 likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Besides that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Stevied likes this.
  14. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

Zzzzzzzzz, you were whiners then, and I guess you'll continue for the foreseeable.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like how it’s not the fact that the Jets have been one of the worst franchises in all of sports for a decade+ in which this particular GM contributed to. It’s OMG HE HAD A BAD DRAFT give him a break.

16. Ralebird

I, for one, will continue to deal with reality for the foreseeable future. Feel free to continue to follow fantasy and folly.

17. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

The fact he wasn't a great GM has nothing - 0 to do with the current state or even the state when he was in the position. I think renting airplanes to sky blast insults to the team, which was the most ignorant, dumbfounding thing I have seen in all my years of fandom, is more the reality of why the Jets perpetually suck. I know you gotta keep posting about 'ol Idz to justify the most incredibly stupid fan-self-own- so I do not expect it to change.
    The good news is neither will I and so I will always be one to ensure that at least one fan knows, I thought it was embarrassing. Lacking self-respect. Did nothing but embarrass the team, the players and a dude hired to do a job.
    You want the good old days where Parcells roamed the field. But we cannot have a good team because there is no culture. NFL culture, comes from winning, and building a formula for winning. Also, smarter fans. Plus, anytime we hire a coach, due to the lack of culture, there are no guardrails to ensure the coach is given exactly what a successful coach needs by the administration. So whining relentlessly about these people that come to work for the team, while joyfully eating up the junk spewed from the likes of Manish, you deserve exactly the team you get.

#37 jjt4201, Jun 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  18. BrowningNagle

Good rant, kinda, but I don’t think fans have anything to do with the team winning or losing

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Wait? You actually believe that fan opinion and protests about lousy play, coaching and administration is what causes losing? Tell us exactly how the cause creates the effect, please.

And please tell us how fans are permitted to voice their displeasure, or are they not permitted to be displeased at all?

20. abyzmul

Billboards are clearly why the Jets suck. Totally why Joe Douglas selected Mekhi Becton in the first round. The planes were why we selected Wilson. And I blame Fireman Ed for that terrible blunder in the first round of 2023.

Ralebird likes this.