Ideal Scenario for Offensive Makeover

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know we aren't allowed to speak ill of someone who has been bad at their job, which is backed statistically and rationally, but it looks like the turd from Miami is going to be our OC:

barfolomew likes this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

1. Improve your sense of humor.

2. Dowell Loggains is an awful football coach and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I was told this ROGAINE treatment does wonders for that kind of stuff. And it rhymes with Loggains as a bonus..

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kubiak anyone? He's not taking the Broncos job.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL. There seems to be a growing focus as of late on looks and weight appearance on this site. Are we moving towards the "If you look good you perform good" NFL model
    Incidentally, the last two Jet coaches to improve their looks and weight loss got progressively worst as a result.

Noam, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I get the whole team spirit and positive vibes from some...

However..

I'm looking up this guys track record as well and it isn't good.

Blindly supporting moves for the sake of supporting isn't always the answer.

WHY, do so many of you want this guy here? What's the payoff with it? It's just odd to me...

I get it, he wont be the playcaller, still, good things dont follow this guy. I'm trying to find the upstrokes with the guy and I'm just not seeing it.

What am I missing?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There’s literally only one person that I’ve seen even attempt to defend this guy. You better watch out, you brought up how terrible he has been throughout the course of his career and how teams get worse when he’s with them. Loggains fan club member #1 of 1 is gonna get ya!

barfolomew likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It was Gase's image that got him hired in Miami. It was Gase's reality that got him fired.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, I've seen 3 or 4 in this thread alone. Others on other forums as well. Its just odd to me.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

As I have been posting for 4 years at Mike McIdiot, INVEST some decent draft picks on the offensive line! Even just OL pick per draft. You will never control the line of scrimmage with retread free agents like Spencer Long who cannot even snap the ball, much less open a running lane!

mrmajix likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Geez. If I'm running a business I'm pretty sure that I'm looking for a guy in a key position that can actually contribute beyond patting his immediate supervisor on the back.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

13. This is what it looks like when you have an offensive HC that has his own scheme & calls his own plays.

It’s no different than Pettine when Rex took over playcalling or if Bowles had actually relieved Rogers of playcalling duties.

Of course you want the OC to have a quality skill set in some aspects & bring something to the table..But why would we be looking at stats for his time as playcaller when thats not the role hes gonna have here?

We have no idea what his strengths are or what his actual role will be.Given how Gase operates im assuming hes very good at whatever Gase delegates in his direction

tomdeb likes this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I do not see how MacCagnan's personnel moves, especially his drafts can get any worse, with or without Gase's input.

15. Ralebird

Meanwhile, back at the offensive makeover thread...just about every team in the playoffs has a star tight end; almost none of the teams on vacation do - this is no coincidence. Get a tight end who is going to be a star whether Herndon can be brought there or someone needs to be brought in.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The New York Jets select Christian Hackenberg, quarterback, Memphis Express.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. Ralebird

If I can't quantify someone's strengths I don't want him. If Gase is so bullheaded or egotistical that he won't hire an assistant who can assist, I don't want him either. Unless he just likes keeping Loggains around because he's a good guy; we saw how that worked with Bowles and Rodgers.

18. So i guess not even hire an OC then?

The only thing as fan you can quantify candidates for the role is playcalling..and anyone whose strength is playcalling makes zero since under Gase bc HE calls the plays.

19. Ralebird

BZZZZT! Wrong answer. Hire an Offensive Coordinator who can and will make a significant contribution even if it requires the head coach laying his overblown ego aside.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

To be fair, we have no basis upon which to judge Loggains' strengths.

And suggesting he's just going to keep Loggains around because he's a good guy is buying into some of the nonsense being spewed here lately.

None of us have any idea what this guy offers to Gase.

Good, bad or nothing.