I Was Wrong. An Apology To The Gang Green

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 4, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. I am the bully of the board! :mad::cool::D

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I never said Gase was doing a good job. I'm just saying the roster is awful. Gase with a shit Miami team beat the NY Jets twice last year with arguably a worse team. The Jets this year are worse than they were last year. The FA's that Mac brought in are mostly not playing. Our 3rd round pick which was our second pick in the draft was cut. Douglas's attempt to shore up the center position was an outright fail. Osemele who Mac traded for was damaged goods and cut. Our budding brilliant TE had a small mishap during the offseason.

Crowder and Bell are doing okay Griffin is okay. The rest of the roster on O stinks. Robbie Anderson is a situational WR on good NFL teams. That doesn't mean Gase is doing a good job. The idea that a new HC is going to turn this sinking turd of a built roster around is simply nonsense. That also doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired.

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

Yes, I made the positive thread, but most of my posts were positive. Especially for this new era of Jets football. I really thought it was going to be a great season. The Jets have had bad luck and a lot of key injuries, but that is not why they are (1-7). No excuses can be made for that. Next year it is! Has to be better, right? Just has to........

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nothing is sweeter for grumpy old fucks than the opportunity to say "I told you so!".

It's like a double shot of Metamucil.

PabloJa and stinkyB like this.
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry that U are such a dreamer. Maybe if U sat down & gave Ur self a dose of reality you would adjust you thinking of the NYJs for the future. So you also have been posting incorrect posts since U started on the TGG since we have won NOTHING during that period. Maybe you should start a dreamer TGG site & then posters like U would move to it so that this site will no longer be cluttered with posters like U :mad:

6. championjets69

Why does it have to be better? Could be worse also right? To bad U would nor around in the 70s then U would not have posted this post IMHO :mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

LOL!!...I know you old coots love a bargain... :mad:

[​IMG]

8. The Dark Knight

Technically, it could be worse. The Jets could be (0-8) next year after 8 games. Odds are Joe Douglas will make some good moves and the Jets will be healthier and win more than 1 game in the first half of 2020. Never know, but I will take the over at this moment. ;)

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

For me what is inexcusable is that this team as presently constituted has better talent they last years roster yet they are worse. The "losing" culture that was supposed to be eradicated remains.

Finally, I truly believe that AG has lost a lot of these players... even though they are saying the right thing, the play on the field is the real indicator of how they feel about this HC and CS... (maybe not all the CS).

NC... no problem and I agree...

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Speaking of dosage maybe you should cut back on the reality? You take enough reality for long enough you're probably going to need a liver transplant.

Ralebird, PabloJa and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Called it the day he was hired....He was just never a good fit here ...nothing about it made sense...I could see if we hired Mcarthy with Gase as OC then i could maybe of got behind it but Adam Gase is not a head coach in the NFL.Sadly this will be his last stop as a head coach.He will never get hired as one again...

The main problem with Gase is as soon as his gameplan goes to shit he has no way to make the right adjustments...His playcalling throws everyone out of rythm,the offensive line has no chemistry and doesnt play as a unit,his play calling is to easy to figure out and stop.Then the defense is another topic entirely..

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I was also overly optimistic. I thought that the Jets could piece together a decent offensive line, but I was wrong. Instead of improving, the OL took a few steps backwards into OL hell. In addition, the linebackers are decimated by injuries. Also, Enunwa is out.

13. The Dark Knight

Yep. Injuries definitely did not help. Lose both of your starting ILB's, then lose both of their back-ups too? Lose your #2 WR, the O-line was not good to begin with, but it has been filled with injuries too. #1 injury of course was not an actual injury, but Sam's mono. Then Siemian instantly out for the year, so the Jets are down to their 3rd QB in Falk, who is now not even on the roster. Crazy stuff. All of that is still not a good enough excuse to be (1-7) or to play the way they did against the Patriots, Jaguars and Dolphins. That is what is so frustrating. It has been a tough year, but if they looked like they cared and were properly coached, I think fans would be less upset.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

expired in june..... :(
    Luckily watching the JETS has been known to cause Irritable Bowel Syndrome :eek:

15. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Irritable Todd Bowles Syndrome** FTFY

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There you go with another unsupported fantasy, but at least today you may be more tolerant of the dissent. On the other hand, it can't get much worse, but...Jets.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, you can open an umbrella but that doesn't mean it stopped raining.

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong! As far as Joe Douglas goes, I don't think we can judge him one way or the other yet. We'll know what we have in Douglas after we see what he does in the off season and in the draft.

19. The Dark Knight

Thanks. Yeah, I agree. I have faith he will make the right moves but it will take time. That is the unfortunate part though. It could take Douglas a few years to build the roster how he wants it. We just have to wait and continue to watch a poor product for awhile longer.

20. championjets69

I see your head is still stuck in the sand with this silliness :mad: