I think we need a new training and conditioning staff more then anything

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 8, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Found this gem
    https://www.sportfacts.org/nfl-injuries-by-team/

it lists the most injuries by team. mind you this only counts players on IR so it wouldn't account for things like your QB missing a month with mono or your star LBer missing 8 weeks with a groin pull.

the data is from 2015-2018 so 4 seasons. the jets have the 4th most players on IR in the NFL over that span with a whopping 82. that's an average of 20.5 players a season on IR. every season the least amount of players we've had on IR is 19. the vikings are the best at 35 players over that same span. that's just insane. worse off it doesn't count this season. the jets will clearly jump up to most injured in the past 5 years after 2019 is accounted for.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We need tougher players.

Hungrier players.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we’ve had the same guy for a long time, Justuce Galac.

What I find more troubling is that I knew the name of the Jets strength coach.
    Man I need a new hobby :oops:

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Until this season I thought the Jets were generally pretty good with injuries. Maybe they just got lucky. I don't think players going on IR is a great way to judge the S&C coaches anyway. No amount of work will prevent breaks, ACLs and the like. Siemian's injury, for instance, can in no way be traced back to Galac. Neither really can the preventative IRing of Trumaine, which is a FO decision. Muscle and soft tissue things are a different matter.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. I feel like we've always been one of the relatively healthier teams in the league. As harsh as it sounds too, it's also less important if the 6th string receiver gets IR'd (ex. Shaq Evans).

It'd be more interesting to see starters that have missed games and players in general that have missed games. IR is a tough barometer because it's sometimes a business decision. Josh Gordon hit IR this year with a groin.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

THAN!!!!! not THEN.

FJF likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

emabrrassing

FJF likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We need better posters.

Smarter posters.

FJF likes this.
  9. Atlantic health & jets S&C are considered amongst the best in the league.

Up to this point the jets have overcompensated for this fact by taking on injury risks both in FA (Laron Landry,Chris Johnson,Chris Ivory,Kelvin Beachem) as well as in the draft (Dee Milliner,Cherone Peake,Dexter Mcdougle,Jeremy Clarke,Cashman).

Theyve also taken a very conservative approach to players w soft tissue injuries.Anybody knicked up in the slightest is gonna be held out & put through the treatment gauntlet.

To think of it in auto insurance terms if an insurer taking on higher risk drivers bc of the high priced premiums..Its expected they are gonna pay out more in claims on the backend.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

we need dawgs, guys. Dawgs

11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to make of this.

The injury stuff...could be just bad luck related? Literally we may have a competent staff but just be pretty unlucky when it comes to injuries.