I think we may have just witnessed...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Jan 1, 2012.

1. sanchezxxx

sanchezxxx New Member

Y'all have a better chance of seeing Jesus than signing Peyton! What happened to "The Sanchize"? :lol:

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

• undersized safeties(Can any of them actually cover a TE?)
    • slow linebackers(Couldn't catch a cold much less a TE.)
    • 0 pass rush(Best pass rusher was a guy we picked up off of waivers whom we cut once before)
    • lack of a big DT to force teams to double team them(No more PB caliber Jenkins)
    • 0 depth on the offensive line(Hunter a starter really? Back-up Center was a rookie who got cut twice)
    • coordinators who can't adjust at half-time(aside from Philly/Balt games they weren't too bad in majority of the losses until the 2nd half)
    • OC who couldn't call a drive until 2nd quarters for majority of games(went a whole year without a 1st drive TD(16 games) and had the one of the lowest scoring 1st quarter offenses in recent memory)

3. Scottso

Scottso Member

Cool story bro...

4. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

What you fail to mention is that Flynn - just as Arron Rodgers - has had the ability to sit back and develop under an excellent Off Coordinator and position coach.

Something that Sanchez was not afforded the luxury of in either capacity.

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

100% on the money. Sanchez was awful, we sucked, who are we going to get?
    The train has left the station for this year lets hope for better next. I can see some pretty good house-cleaning get done in the off-season.

6. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

I agree.

Check your PMs, friend.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Ugh, I have explained this countless upon countless times.

Here I made a thread about the Sanchez bashing arguing my points: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=69929

If you'd like to ask me other questions , draft wise, jets wise, whatever ill gladly answer and support my argument.

8. dustykeller

dustykeller Banned

don't bother, Johnny.

It's tough to teach the football retarded.

9. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Green Bay has arguably the best receiving core in the NFL, that kinda helps

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Man I try. Certain fans just live to over react especially some jets fans. We need to be smart and not so irrational.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

AS of now I don't know where this team is headed, but as a minimum we need to bring in competition for Sanchez. I feel we could have done just as good with Kerley behind center and running the ball 95% of the time. Yes, I know how I sound, but those interceptions were not even great defensive plays, just like most of his mistakes this year.

I am a Sanchez fan, and he has accomplished more in his first three years than Brees, Manning and Rodgers, but we need something to change. Five yards a pass attempt, why even throw the ball.

I'm pissed right now with Sanchez, Holmes, Deffense, coaches. That shitty attempt of an onsides, all of it! I say bring in Manning for two years, let Sanches learn, behind the best, and if Manning goes down he is there to take up the job again.

Even if we won we still would have lose out, but to the F@cking Phins!!!!!!

The only things worse today was the Bills leading by 21 and only giving up 1 yard in the first quarter, and still losing by 4 TDs.

12. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

Ha

I completely agree!

13. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I am not sure what is going to happen over the next few months with the Jets. Changes are coming that is for sure, as far as Mark's future with the club all I can say is

The best pass thrown in today game was by a W/R with heavy pressure right in his face..He threw the ball perferctly and this allowed the TE to get YAC's because he was able to catch the ball in stride....

14. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Truth. MS played lights- out in the playoffs.

2009 it was the D injuries, Braylon's inability to catch, and defense's inability to cover Austin Collie and Dallas Clark.

2010 it was the D's inability to stop the run or make a tackle.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Rofl agreed

16. akibud

akibud Active Member

for those of you stating that the Jets fanbase is the dumbest for wanting to get rid of Mark Sanchez, please take into account, that some of us stupid Jets fans never thought it made any sense to move up in a draft to draft a QB 5th overall that is only effective when the pieces around him are good to great, and his defense is top 5. I for one feels that a top 5 drafted QB is a bust if he cannot carry a mediocre team to greater heights. If your top 5 drafted QB makes a mediocre team worse, he is crap. So, I'm almost certain that he will be the starting QB next year, as the Jets continue to try and mask his obvious limitations. But, beyond next year, is not guaranteed. I guess when that happens, all the Jets fans who are calling for patience with the 3rd year Qb who "TOOK" the team to back to back AFC title games will be calling the FO dumb for not giving the 4th year QB more time to develop.

17. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Not his last game. I wish it was, but the organization will stick at least for now. I would love to draft a new QB like RGIII or trade for Manning, but it won't happen.

18. akibud

akibud Active Member

the only way I want Manning on this team is if he is signed via free agency, or if we get him for say a 6th or 7th round pick. Anything else, I would rather just rebuilding our sorry ass roster with the draft picks. Sadly though, with our FO (Tanny) iffy record of drafting, they might see more value in the pick by getting Manning, than having to find real talent late in the draft.

19. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Don't forget that Sanchez only played 1 yr in college. That's my favorite excuse for why he can't throw the ball with any type of accuracy.

20. hula13

hula13 New Member

I hope he is gone it would b for the better of our team