I know it's been like 5 or 6 years...

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, May 28, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

... but can I still be thankful that there is a separate baseball forum on this site?

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I remember when junc was posting Yankees stuff in the BS forum

3. abyzmul

There was a lot of it, that Ham Sandwich crap, GYC, a lot more. But junc facilitated most of it.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I haven't been to the baseball forum in years. Now you know.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd still be a baseball fan if they gave me a couch at the stadium to sleep through games on.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I used to love the baseball debates but I don't have time to watch as many games as I used to. I still love the Yanks I am just not as crazy as I used to be or care as much as I do about the Jets.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I just love my Rays.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I hate baseball. I'm glad it's segregated from the rest. I wish they'd do that on the radio shows, so I can avoid it. It's bad enough that they suck Jeter's dick constantly in promos talking about his last season. It's like dude! They play like 150 games! Just stop already. At least wait until near the end. It gets old.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

And i just love my Brew Crew. :p

10. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

and I remember trolling the shit out of those threads. Good times.

Yisman likes this.
  11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What is baseball?

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

interesting how many red blooded americans can say that they hate baseball. baseball is a great game, you actually need patience for it though. not quick enough for many these days.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I have some major issues with baseball. First, the game is way to slow. I was watching twins yanks the other day and each pitcher took forever. Also, one of My biggest problems with baseball is how it's so much of a "tradition"..this isn't the 1970s or 80s anymore. They have such a hard time changing anything within the game. Football is consistently changing to make the product better. It took baseball forever to implement the review system. If they implemented this years ago they could have it down to a science by now.

I also can't stand the baseball writers. It's a joke that no players got into the HoF a few years ago. Baseball was at its best when guys were hitting 60 home runs. How exciting was it waking up each morning and seeing if Sosa caught McGuire??? They made so much money off of that entire steroid thing and now they are being so hypocritical and penalizing everyone over everything... But here I am, as I type this, about to watch the mets vs the cubs o_O

14. abyzmul

I played baseball most of my young life. I also played chess. They are both boring spectator sports.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Baseball may be a shitty sport to watch but to me it's one of the best and easiest to follow. Read a box score and you pretty much know the story of the game. Playoff baseball can be tense to watch but it probably doesn't ever reach the level of being actually exciting.

16. abyzmul

And that's why you have the best descriptive ability of anyone on this forum and always have.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I love baseball. Grew up infatuated with it. Oiled my glove and slept with it under my pillow. Still have an oiled glove wrapped up under my nightstand. Used to throw the ball up on my roof and catch it making believe I was Tommie Agee or Cleon Jones, do it for hours such that the neighbors probably thought I was autistic.

Wanted my kids to love it. My older son wasn't an athlete so I gave up hope for him but my younger guy was a super athlete. Was great as a small kid but in 4th grade he was facing a 5th grader who was 2 years older than him and the kid drilled my son in the solar plexus. My son never wanted to bat again and he asked to switch to lacrosse.

Best thing he ever did.

Little league ball sucks and saps kids of their interest. The pitchers either strike out everyone or walk everyone. Either way it makes for an awful watch. Games last 3 hours. Sucks.

Lax was SO much more fun and exciting. I still love baseball but it's too boring for kids today. I grew up with baseball with my dad. Field of Dreams as it were.

My son grew up with lacrosse with me.

_

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Any basketball?

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's overrated.

_

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I disagree, I wish I was able to play it when I was younger. Of coure back then though I wouldnt have understood the positions and how to execute offense/defense. I was the type of kid who ran to 3rd base in tee-ball back in the day.