I hate the free agents we are looking at...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hotcoles87123, Mar 11, 2006.

1. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Alright, I kind of wnt to put this thing to rest-- I obviously have different opinions then most on this site, and I'm glad. But let me say something.

You started your response with "Forget Ty Law." Why would I do that? That was the exact same situation as the one we are talking about now, and you want me to just forget about it. He won SB's. We brought him in to teach Justin Miller, and the rest of the young secondary. Well, like I said, that ended up ugly. The coaches made him stay away from the young players for giving them bad advice. He was a nightmare in the locker room. He wasn't a Jet. People were talking about him going back to NE in the middle of the season. What did we get out of it? A year full of headaches, and a 2.4 million dollar cap hit. The only difference is he actually has something left in the tank, and got some int's for us. McGinist and Von Olehoffen both are 35 years old, and on their way down. I have friends who are Pats fans who bash this guy and talk about how slow he is. Moves like this will only lead to YEARS of mediocrity. You need to strip it down, and work on your base. You can get veteran leadership from someone younger than 35 years old ok. I think the whole theory about not having playoff experience is vastly overrated-- if a team is good- they're good. Vilma as a rookie had 30 tackles in 2 playoff games. But I suppose that was all because of having Sam Cowart there to show him the ropes- not because he's young and fast. I just really hate the idea of having to use our FA money, AND our draft picks on the same position- which is what you are all suggesting. Unless you think McGinist will help Barton with his attitude. Maybe we should ring in Rodney Harrison for that.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, we're all doomed! By gosh we're already a few days into free agency and haven't signed anyone! My life is over!

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I can help you out with that, as an average Jetfan, I have Kevorkian on speed dial. :up:

4. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

That sounds like an oxymoron...

I would figure a 1st tier FA would be the stud.

5. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Depth??

:smile:

You have to have decent front line players before you can add players for depth...

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No you don't.

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

Why? successful defenses have good rotations of players.

8. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Now your just rambling on....
    You dont have to play the same position to teach someone how to keep your composure in a high pressure situation.
    Ok buddy, or whatever you are.

If i wouldnt of started this post with forget ty law, what would you have said? Nada zilch, give it up man you will learn the more you post, you do know some football i give you that, but bringing up names, positions, and age, does not mean you know football.

And with the vilma statement your reaching buddy, you have to do better than that, you dont think we know what all of our players do or stats they have at any giving time? Having talent and speed is one thing, but reacting to certain plays designed to take you out of the play is another. Vilma is going to be an exceptional player, but if you notice he was taken out of alot of plays because of lack of a big NT. Mcginest can show vilma techniques on how to get around those designed plays, because im sure he had plays designed to stop him aswell.

Oh and vilma and ray lewis both being from the U and them working out together in the off-season and ray talking to vilma about their position has nothing to do with vilma getting better right?
    Ok n00b nice posting with ya, but i got more pressing matters to attend to.

#108 28rogerblaze51, Mar 13, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You will forever be remembered as the guy who started the penis size thread. Deal with it.