I hate the free agents we are looking at...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hotcoles87123, Mar 11, 2006.

1. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

third time. What players will McGinist and Von olhoffen be mentoring. What young players and rookies will they be developing.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

854th time (it seems). Players will be brought in for depth, and the team will see what McGinest and von Oelhoffen can teach them. No one knows right now who they will be.

3. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

lets face it- your argument about rookies not playing well in the bellicheck system is BS. The whole reason they were impressive was because of their ability to plug in any rookie because the old vets kept getting injuredI might add) and have him flourish right away. i don;t care who started in one year or two- but you are wrong when you say the rookies do not play well in that system. They played their asses off and were a huge reason they won the SB. In no other system can you plug in a secondary made up of 1-2 year guys who were mostly low draft picks and have the success that the pats had.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

But they will tie up so much money that it'll hold back the rest of the rebuilding process. So while they're playing well, we're still going 6-10, 8-8, because the rest of the team is still struggling. And next year when we have no cap space again, we'll have to cut more players. It's like an endless cycle.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You mean Tyrone Poole. They won when those guys were out because these players had been with the team, and knew the system.

6. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

this post basically sums it up for me. "Players will be brought in for Depth, and they can teach them." Yeah. That sounds like a great plan. Having 10 needs, including QB, RB, OT, OG/C, but signing an old LB, and DT, then bringing in more LB's and DT to replace them in a year or two. Why not just sign a guy you don'd need to replace in a year or two? We are not a team who can afford that luxury that the Pats had of having the old vets teach the rookies. We have too many holes. Signing these guys does nothing fgood or us in the long run.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You confuse the term rookie with young player. Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, these were guys who had been with the team for a year, learned the system, and then they knew the system, stepped in, and flourished. Besides, I already stated a while back that the secondary schemes are different, and it is easier to succeed there than it is in the much more complicated Patriot front seven.

8. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Oh my god bro-- Earthwind- rookie- Randal Gay- Rookie The most importing spot of the D was filled with I think a 6th round draft pick, and a Rookie FA.

They were not vets who knew the system. The safetys were also like a year or may 2 years into the league-- not 34 years old.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So you think all these players need to be acquired in one year? This is building for the future, and the players will be acquired over the next two, maybe even three drafts.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You're failing to realize the point, but that seems to be a theme here.

Go back to talking about penis size. It had way more substance.

11. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Fine- so why do you want our guy to be 34 years old if these guys get "Learn the system" in one or two years. All those guys played well as rookies!! Starter or not-

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Except for the fact they didn't. :rofl2:

Bye bye now.

13. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

My god-- that is exactly why I DON"T Want to pick up these old guys, because it will take 2-3 years to be good, and according to you, they will be signed to 1 year deals, so they will be out of here as soon as we are ready to do something good. So, either we draft their replacements this year, and ignore either QB/RB/OT/OC/OG/TE, or we will be drafting them next year, and be right where we are now, with a hole to fill either through FA or the draft. Why not just either draft the guy now, or sign a FA who can fill the spot for a few years. (and still provide the necessary leadership you claim everyone will need.)

14. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Are you even serious? Those guys didn't play well? Ok your right-- tons of teams win the SB with a secondary full of 1-2 year guys who don't play well.

15. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

We bring in the veteran players to be mentors for the rookies we draft. Thats how it works. Thats whats gonna bring us a championship.

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Yo... Hotcoles87123 do you know anything about football? Son, daughter? Whatever you are.

The idea of making rookie players from good to great is learning from veteran players, showing them the ropes and teaching them techniques that will improve their own, that is the key to everything in this world, having veterans show rookies how to do things the right way.

If their were no veterans, then rookies wouldnt be playing to their full potential. Ever.

And the only reason why im calling you out, is because i really didnt like the way you opened up your first thread talking about the size of genitals. There are kids who read this site, so watch how you write!!!! And watch your language in this forum. You want to curse do it in the bullshit forum or the ultimate trashtalking forum not the jets forum.

17. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

Alright Brother, maybe instead of "reppin Queens" you should think about what you are writing. First of all, try as hard as you want, you will not insult me, because I know more about football than most on this site. If McGinist is such a good addition, then why the hell are the pats getting rid of him???? They are team we are appanently modeling ourselves after, lets start out by avoiding Willie McGinist just like they are. He is TOO OLD. If you want to sign veterans for leadership, and mentoring because that's how the pats did it then fine- but we are not the pats!!! Anyway, thats not how they did it either-- that had a solid base- and drafted to replace them in their old age. Look at their defense-- their 3 D Line men-- all young. Their Secondary- all young. They didn't bring in 35 year olds to play for one year. We are not in their situation. We need to replace 2/3 an offense, and still add some more guys on defense to fit our apparent new system. We have a limited amount of money, and a limited number of draft picks to get this team whole again. Who exactly will these guys be mentoring? John Vilma? I think he's doing quite well. barton? he's a vet himself-- Ellis? Robertson? So maybe you think we also draft some rookies at those spots. OK fine. So we would still have to spend 2 of our valuable picks on DT and LB, and sacrafice another position of need. So now, we still need a DT, DE, LB, RT, C/G QB RB, TE, CB and it would be nice do add another WR. The whole veteran leadership to teach the young players idea just dosn't fit with our situation. Did you hear what happened with Ty Law? They told him to stay the hell away from Justin Miller for teaching him wrong--that was leaked when herm left. let the coaches teach the players- that's what they are paid to do. in fact, that is what their title suggests - COACH see, they coach players. Willie McGinist isn't the coach. Anyway, if that was so important, then why did the jets get rid of kevin Mawae? he was one of the biggest leaders we had, and they dumped him. Wouldn't you think he would have been a better leader to our players than a couple of 35 year olds who have been playing on rival teams for the past 12 years? Those guys can't just come in and be a presence in the locker room. Ty law didn't even hang out with the players from the Jets- he even said he goes to watch MNF with his former teammates. If you read all my posts, you will see that I'm an educated fan, and I'm very strong in my opinions. Call me an asshole if you want, thats fine, but to ask "do you even know anything about football" well thats just ridiclous. Read my comments about how we rebuilt going into 2004, or read about the other veterans we signed in the past who ended up being bums, and cap casulties. McGlocton, Conway, Tounge, Buckly-- those were some real good players huh. real nice cap casulties. All I know is, if we get these guys- and they suck- I don't want to hear anyone complain. And when they are cut in a year and we are taking a nice cap hit- remember Hotcoles87...

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

wow that is a long post, too bored to read this, way too long :lol: :breakdance:

19. 28rogerblaze51

First of all forget ty law.

Now what are the veterans can teach them? How to be champions, thats what.

How to keep your composure, and how to train the mental aspect of football not the skill or talent level of it, because obviously the players we have are young and talented, its like a 17 year old boy, he has all the energy and stamina in the world but it all goes for naught if you have no experience, thats why there is big brother to teach his younger 17 year old.

Remember barton? In the playoff game, he almost cost us the game.

Vilma is going to be a great player but he does not know what it is to win a super bowl or how to control his emotions in a high level game, he has done well in the playoffs but there is something about the SB and having one play decide your fate, that can have tremendous effect on your play, you start pressing and antsy trying to do too much and not executing the way your suppose too. Do you understand now what a veterans role is?

And those guys who we might sign, still can play.

Who would you rather have in a big pressure game our young guys or a vet who has been there before and won?

20. 28rogerblaze51

^and another thing im sure if we sign these guys we know they wont perform at a pro bowl level, because they are old, but they can make a big play here and there, and show the young bucks how its done.

Experience is something you cannot overlook when you are dealing with young players, all jetfans know this isnt a super bowl run year, so what mangini is doing is great sign these guys for a year or so to help with the mental aspect of the game so that when its time for the young guys to play in those high pressure games they will handle it like veterans. And not immulate the seahawks in the playoffs when they played the packers in the playoffs years back.