I got sold a fake a ticket

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by roboz08, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's funny, because I was in college during the early part of the Vietnam War. I graduated in 1966 and enlisted into the Army under the College Grad Program, which guaranteed admission to OCS (Officer's Candidate School).

So I wind up in Vietnam as a 1LT in the infantry in 1969 and all the college kids back home are protesting like a son of a bitch. So I get back home and they're spitting on returnees and all at Oakland AFB and I am pissed.

So one day I sounded off in front of my old man and referred to them as those "fucking college kids." He about laughed his ass off, because only two years prior, I was one of those fucking kids! HAahahahahaa.....

2. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaa.... you're an asshole but I still appreciate your humor now and then! That's pretty funny!

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thanks for the beer $$$ kid

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Even a bigger issue for Stub-Hub.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Takes one to know one, but I still love you bro. When I was growing up in the bronx we used to call the fellows serving two years in Vietnam as on vacation. Even worse I watched an entire season once of China Beach and almost was admited to the VA hospital I was so shell shocked.

Serously man how was you new seats upstairs. Mixed bag up there, some lower rows sidelines were very happy, no so much in UD EZ high rows.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If you really wanna go after STH for doing this kinda shit, what you should do is call up the Jets tickets office and read off to them the bar code # at the bottom of the hard ticket. There's some numbers in there that indicate who the account belongs to. Now, I'm not saying u or the Jets can go after this guy, but if enough people actually follow this procedure and the Jets ticket office see that there's a pattern with a certain STH doing this kinda shit, then maybe they can deal with the issue themselves. But, all of this is dependent on how often this happens, and from what I hear, it very rarely happens. Looks like it was just your turn to get fucked in on this rare occassion.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He said 'in a pink dress shirt' not 'in a pink dress skirt'

8. 17a_tailgater

actually im looking at my ticket now and at the bottom above the bar code it says
    admission price $88.79 Tax $6.21 Acct.No. xxxxxx
    total cost $95.00

i've never seen the account # on the tickets before.
    i would be careful who you sell your tickets too.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

My acct number has always been printed on my tix, yours was too.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

But, what if a STH sold the tix to some dude. That dude went in and they scanned the ticket bar code. He then passed the ticket through the fence and his buddy went and sold it and used the other ticket to go in.

Then the STH gets screwed and not the fukker that ripped the dude off...

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I guess the only way around that is for the ticket taker to rip it in half upon admission, then give you 1/2 the ticket back. Couldn't sell it again then. I guess there's always a way around the system.

12. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

I bought some tickets for the Redskins preseason game today and now I'm worried about them being fake. They are hard tickets I got a pretty good deal for them (a low row in the Upper deck for just under $20) from Stubhub but maybe it was too good of a deal. They haven't been confirmed by the seller yet so I guess we'll see what happens...

13. Section 227. Row 5

StubHub is probably the most reliable, trusted site out there. As a seller, they require your credit card as security, in case there is a fuck up. The seller gets charged if the tickets don't work.

That being said, there's always a way to deceive if you're good enough. The thing to remember is that, in order to print out a new set of tickets, you MUST have access to your account. Not anyone can just print them out, even if they have the bar codes and account numbers, etc. Only the STHer (thru My Account) can go into his passworded account and print the new ones which supercede the old ones.

So, the likelhood of someone getting their hands on the hard-copy originals (which you will probably receive) and then printing out new ones with the intention of selling the you invalid ones is pretty remote. It requires hacking into the STHers account, knowing the password and then printing them out. Hardly likely, uhnless it is the STHer himself who did it, and in that case, StubHub will be on him like flies on shit andmake him pay for the tickets you had to go out and purchase.

14. 17a_tailgater

what if you purchase the tickets on line. the seller uses email with you and you being a scumbag sign in to my account with the account # at the bottom and the email from the seller and click forgot password on the email account changing the password.then clicking forgot password on jets account.thus sending an email with a new password. then the scumbag prints out all your tickets and sells them quickly...

too far fetched....

ha ha yes sounds that way but just trying to stir paranoia

15. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

I've bought Mets tickets (back when there was still hope) on Stubhub and haven't had problem. But 99% of those are all electronic downloads. Very few Jets tickets are available that way. I guess I'm being a bit paranoid about it and if I get screwed over, I'd end up getting my money back anyway. Plus I live locally and the tickets are relatively cheap so it wouldn't damage me too much.

Thanks for the good advice though. It sounds like it is much more difficult to rip someone off that way than I originally thought.

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Well Mr. I went to college. It's been a while since I attended a fine educational institution so maybe you can answer this question: Do they actually teach you how NOT to get ripped off in college nowadays?

The guy got ripped for $20. Relax!

Many folks out there got jacked for plenty more than that during the Madoff scandal. Lesson learned. Be careful with your money.

17. Section 227. Row 5

If paranoia is more or less a fear of the imagined, you and I have done a damned good job of doing that in this Hall-Of-Fame thread. I helped plenty, by reminding people that they might get screwed royally by Woody and all the ways that he might make it happen. All imaginary and far-fetched, of course.

But is it really?

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Alright, I think if you're gonna put that much effort into scamming people out of $20, u deserve to die of AIDS somewhere in a ditch full of herpes puss. C'mon now. Haha.

19. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Well the tickets I got from StubHub yesterday already arrived today. Face value is $105 and I paid $19.50. Lets hope they'll work. There is an account # at the bottom so I guess if I get screwed over I can raise a stink about it.

20. Section 227. Row 5

You should be fine. The Redskins game is such a non-issue that the guy just wanted to bail at any price. The only way these tickets can be trumped is for the seller to go into his "My Account" and print out his own tickets or email them to someone else. And to do that, he needs to login with his password.

He jeopardizes any future ability to list with StubHub if your tickets don't work, so he'd either better have a damned good explanation or not care about future listings with StubHub at all. Neither is very likely, so chill out and enjoy the game.