I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I bet you were real excited when you heard the rumors Braylon might be gay.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We are stuck with Holmes, who is a play maker if not double teamed all day. Last year the defense had no reason to single cover him because we had no other threat.

Edwards is yet another problem child type. We saw enough of that last year when there was reports that our receivers were all against shotty. We are not looking to add more attitude to our offense. Hill is a talented youngster who shows as much passion for run blocking as Edwards and is a solid deep threat. He's far from polished, but brings none of the baggage of Edwards.

It seems the FO is leaning away from talent at any cost. We are bringing in talented guys who create less waves to go with the trouble some ones we have left over. Trying to get the team concept back and less individual divas. Back to the power running, play action mentality that worked well in '09. Seeing as we will not be seeing many 5 wide empty sets this year I'm guessing they are happy with the depth at WR and in no need of another bad apple.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

his deep threat speed is enough contribution. we just need him to stay healthy.

but i know what you mean.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Im not into men sorry, hope this saves you a PM.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Normally I don't outright insult people, but as you have continued to make BS statements, and insist on making assumptions about other people (me liking Tebow and disliking Braylon) and then accuse others of the same... You leave me no choice. You are not intelligent. You insist on arguing well made points, and it's tough to miss every dumb ass post you make here. If you care to admit you are wrong about the statements you have made, go ahead. If not, do everyone a favor and stop clinging to dumb wishes publicly. My guess is you won't be able to resist more posts like this, but feel free to prove me wrong.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Nice try Santonio Holmes! The biggest Braylon hater in the Tri State area!

Don't you know Braylon=Auto Superbowl

7. MaximusD163

Oh crap I should have known Braylon's surgery was actually a turbocharged knee implant allowing him to burn everyone on the field! Crap, I guess all my posts have been made invalid.... So when am I getting banned?

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Who the hell cares what you think, certainly not me. You have your opinions and I have mine. Lets just leave it at that.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

glad to see this is over with. braylon isn't any good anymore. he's damaged and has himself to blame. don't drink and drive.

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Drinking and driving didn't have anything to do with Braylon blowing out his knee.

You can be a scumbag in the NFL, you just can't be washed up.

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

You forgot to mention that he was cut, and the 49ers needed WR.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Big mistake, he could come very cheap.

13. NYSackExchange

just seen on nfl network sports ticker that jets have no plans on bringing edwards back,also said jets will let keller test free agent market after this season not giving him a extension.not sure how reliable the ticker is though

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Good. Let the speculation die.

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I hate to perpetuate this thread because it is getting old, but I don't see why we are totally closing the door on this guy so soon. We have a bunch of maybes at WR, and Braylon is a little more of a reliable option, and shouldn't demand too much money.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They announce this following OTAs they obviously liked what they saw in Hill, Kerley and Schillens.

17. MaximusD163

The reason is this: he just isn't reliable any more, due to injury. On top of that it seems he has locker room issues; why would the browns trade their best WR in a very long time? Why wouldn't the jets retain him during free agency, when he took a tiny contract and he made it very clear to the public he wanted to be a Jet? Why woul the 49ers, who desperatey need WR's cut him on a tiny contract? He clearly pissed people off, whether it be coaches or players. It's clear the jets have no interest, since he would likely take the vet min now, and they would have signed him before ota's. If 32 out of 32 GM's think the vet min for Braylon Edwards isn't a good deal, I'm inclined to believe them.

As for the Rumor about him being gay, I've never heard it before, and kind of doubt it's validity because if they knew it in the league, it would be more than slight rumor through the public. But if he was gay (which wouldn't bother me) I could definitely see him having trouble finding work in the NFL. I don't believe any player in the NFL is openly gay, and there's a reason for that: it's still impossible for an openly gay player to make it in this league.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

White the rookie had 2 major knee injuries yet that is ignored?

I dont believe what beat writers have to say about teams filling rosters. If the NYJETS feel a need to bring Braylon Edwards back they will. If hes healthy he helps this team if not................thanks for the memories.

#138 GMCJETS, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jordan White is a rookie 7th round pick that people didn't expect to do much more than maybe play special teams. He doesn't have any fan bois either.

20. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

So a guy coming off 2 major knee issues in college is more valueable to a team than a proven WR. Why arent there any worries for this Jordan Whites knees vs Braylon Edwards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.