I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

In '09 the browns traded him. We let him walk after the '10 season. The 49ers cut him in '11. Edwards has always been seen as a talented guy with off field problems. It seems more and more that teams are not seeing his production as worth the attitude. Talent alone will not keep you on an Nfl roster, unless you are an otherworldly player like Randy Moss and Edwards is nothing more than a good #2.

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Here he would be a #1 WR Santonio Holmes hasnt showed me yet thats hes a #1. Sorry

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets rule out bringing Braylon Back

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_won_call_braylon_lDtyGp2i24s3vOcXGgnVtL

Jets won’t call Braylon
    Jets Blog

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Last Updated: 4:52 AM, June 18, 2012

Posted: 1:51 AM, June 18, 2012
    Share on email Share on facebook More Sharing ServicesMore Print

It’s time for Jets fans to forget about a Braylon Edwards sequel.

The Jets have ruled out bringing back the wide receiver, The Post has learned. The team is happy with the group of receivers it has, led by Santonio Holmes, rookie Stephen Hill, Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley.

Speculation has swirled since February the Jets would sign Edwards, who spent part of 2009 and all of 2010 with the team.

The Jets allowed Edwards to leave before last season as a free agent. He signed with the 49ers, but played in just nine games as he battled knee and shoulder injuries, with 15 catches for 181 yards. The 49ers waived Edwards before the team’s final regular season game.
    NOT INTERESTED: Wide receiver Braylon Edwards, who played for the 49ers last season, will not be returning to the Jets in 2012.
    AP
    NOT INTERESTED: Wide receiver Braylon Edwards, who played for the 49ers last season, will not be returning to the Jets in 2012.

The 29-year-old remains popular with Jets fans after leading the team with 904 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in 2010. Edwards, acquired in a 2009 trade with the Browns, had some great moments on the field for the Jets, but he also will be remembered for a DWI arrest in 2010.

The Jets opted to sign Santonio Holmes to a five-year, $45 million contract before last season instead of bringing back Edwards when both were free agents.

Questions have persisted if the Jets would bring Edwards back this year, but they have decided against it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_won_call_braylon_lDtyGp2i24s3vOcXGgnVtL#ixzz1y9dQ7OFQ

4. Footballgod214

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_won_call_braylon_lDtyGp2i24s3vOcXGgnVtL

Jets won’t call Braylon
    Jets Blog

By BRIAN COSTELLO

Last Updated: 4:52 AM, June 18, 2012

Posted: 1:51 AM, June 18, 2012
    Share on email Share on facebook More Sharing ServicesMore Print

It’s time for Jets fans to forget about a Braylon Edwards sequel.

The Jets have ruled out bringing back the wide receiver, The Post has learned. The team is happy with the group of receivers it has, led by Santonio Holmes, rookie Stephen Hill, Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley.

Speculation has swirled since February the Jets would sign Edwards, who spent part of 2009 and all of 2010 with the team.

The Jets allowed Edwards to leave before last season as a free agent. He signed with the 49ers, but played in just nine games as he battled knee and shoulder injuries, with 15 catches for 181 yards. The 49ers waived Edwards before the team’s final regular season game.
    AP

The 29-year-old remains popular with Jets fans after leading the team with 904 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in 2010. Edwards, acquired in a 2009 trade with the Browns, had some great moments on the field for the Jets, but he also will be remembered for a DWI arrest in 2010.

The Jets opted to sign Santonio Holmes to a five-year, $45 million contract before last season instead of bringing back Edwards when both were free agents.

Questions have persisted if the Jets would bring Edwards back this year, but they have decided against it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_won_call_braylon_lDtyGp2i24s3vOcXGgnVtL#ixzz1y9dQ7OFQ

5. Footballgod214

ooops...dbl post

6. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I can see the rational behind this post. I would argue, that we signed the same “problem child” with tone (sands the knee injury and 6 inches). I mean we took a chance on Plax last year and his off the field problems (not to mention on the field lack of separation, basically a big TE). Sanchez and Edwards had some obvious chemistry, I have yet to see Mark build on anything similar to that (outside of Keller) last year. I hope he continues to develop chemistry with Holmes (doubt it), and JK. The real test will be how Mark develops with Hill. While my hopes are high that Chaz can stay healthy, I wouldn’t bet on it.

With that said, close the book on Braylon, I thought he was at least worth a incentive based contract with behavior, health, and production clauses.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

For Mark Sanchez to reach greatness you need to surround him with offensive weapons. Hes no Joe Montana or Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay surrounded by multiple WRs.

I have always been a fan of taller WRs. I feel they are better targets for a QB and they go up and get the overthrown balls.

My admiration for Braylon Edwards comes with what he did here in 2009-2010 been a longtime since a WR did that here.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Guess that puts the Braylon thing to bed. Unless they have something else planned (and there isn't much available now) I guess we're going into the season with our current receiving core. I think Holmes will have a bounce back year and I think Hill has a lot of promise but it would have been good to pick up someone who could contribute a bit more from day 1 if for no other reason than to take a bit of pressure off of Sanchez.

Guess we'll see what happens.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't mind that dole post as I don't mind looking at that avatar twice :beer:

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

lets hope hill can contribute right away

11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Thank god the Jets finally ruled this out. Rational fans knew this all along, but this hopefully quiets the irrational ones.

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

Good

Now we can srop with the nonsense pleas begging for his return

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My take on Braylon: He's an extremely gifted and talented athlete that got by his whole life on talent alone. He never cared too much to better himself with hard work and now that his physical skills are diminished with the knee injury he will not be nearly as effective unless he completely changes his work ethic and attitude. I also wonder if the rumors to him being gay are true and the locker room doesn't care for it.

14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

If hes gay its his business. To each is own. Hes also a charitable guy if we're gonna bash him we might as well give him props for the good he does.

http://braylonedwards.com/

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wasn't bashing him at all, I was just throwing a theory out there that I've kicked around in my head.

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

17. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

so you are saying that a healthy Braylon would not help this team? Who the Rational one here then bud?

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What's your deal? I wasn't trying to claim the idea that he might be gay was original. I specifically referenced "the rumors".

I know he's your BFF and all, but your overly defensive stance on him is really creepy.

The only reason I referenced the gay rumor was that I think that may be a part of the reason why he has been getting bounced around. I imagine that could be an issue in the locker room.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

My deal? Im a longtime NYJETS fan who wants to win a Super Bowl again.

My BFF here you go again assuming............:breakdance:

Creepy is you trollong everything I post.

Hey dont Hills major knee injuries scare you?

20. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll use the extra million or so to ensure that the best OL that gets cut comes here. That's the engine the offense will run on, anyway. What good would another wideout be if we can't keep the quarterback upright, or get the running game going to keep the defense honest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.