I Dream of Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GMCJETS, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

actually with Edwards we could go

Hill/Edwards on the outside and Holmes in the slot

than throw Kerley in for 4 wr sets or when someone needs a breather.

Holmes would eat people alive from the slot and if teams want to make him the focal point Hill and Edwards will completely take the top off a defense.

Edwards is the only WR who ever had visible chemistry with Sanchez. but he certainly shouldnt be brought in to steal snaps from Hill. then again hed be good insurance policy if anyone gets injured.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

We won't run a slot WR on every offensive down, and Holmes won't be cool with that. Not to mention we pay him way too much not to play every down. I'm confident he will produce this year, as long as Sanchez does, even on 2 WR sets opposite hill.

3. MaximusD163

Face it people, Braylon isn't coming here unless someone goes down. Even then, not likely.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Glad to see others with common sense feel the same way.

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Haha, it's good to see the only way people can have common sense is by agreeing with you.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Holmes is a deep threat too. It's just without other receivers getting separation or down field he was often faced with double / triple coverage last year. He can get deep. As much as I love Braylon, I don't see him coming back.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Ha ha ha I should have said other football minded knowledgeable people. :eek:hmy:

8. MaximusD163

Except it's still a pointless thing to say. We all understand Holmes would be a good slot player, but that doesn't mean you have good football knowledge because Santonio Holmes is a good outside receiver anyway. Everyone knows that putting a good player in an offense will make other players better, but if you think you know better than the Jets, obviously they should sign Braylon since he's so awesome.

Braylon took a ultra cheap deal last year and got cut. That means the WR desperate 49ers didn't even want him on the cheap. Why the f*** would you want our team to waste a roster spot on him?

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Waste of a roster spot? It seems they have no problems doing so with others Mark Brunell, Garret McIntyre etc..........

You're right lets wait until the first Santonio Holmes meltdown to bring Braylon Edwards in when hes behind on the plays and the offense.

The guy was money here and had good continuity with Sanchez. Oh thats right you will be 1 of those who will start chanting Tebow Tebow the minute Sanchez throws an INT.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When are you people going to finally realize that Edwards may as well be dead as far as the Jets are concerned?

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Until Santonio Holmes relinquishes himself hes dead to me. NYJETS fans soon forget what he did last year. I didnt.

12. MaximusD163

Now you're just refusing to listen to logic. Holmes contributed to the meltdown, but didn't single handedly cause our team not to go the playoffs. What is it going to take for you to realize that we had no real offensive threat, and that Holmes being angry had to do with play calling. If you actualy look at what plays were called in the Miami game you will see it was a bunch of stupid calls, one after the other, and that schottenheimer panicked and shit the bed. Go ahead and cling to the idea that Braylon Edwards would have saved us, despite the fact that he didn't do jack shit even with a better qb in alex smith. Braylon Edwards is done as a jet. We signed our deep threat, and have multiple big strong guys in schilens, turner, and Keller at TE. He ain't coming back, and I'm happy our front office isn't stupid enough to sign him.

If you can give one shred of evidence or show a scrap of "football knowledge" in this debate that isn't about what he did multiple years ago, feel free to reply.

P.s. That's not what relinquish means.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSSS! Thank you!

14. MaximusD163

As for this, tebow sucks and I never ever wanted him on the Jets. I still don't, he is annoying, the media around him is annoying, and no one will ever, EVER hear me chanting for him because he isn't even that good of a player.

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Right you are,on my way out to buy an authentic Nike #10 Holmes jersey. :rolleyes:

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

he beat the jets

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Player hate, over winning games. Time for some folks to give up being a NYJETS fan or watching sports altogether.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

He beat Eric Smith. That's not the same. Everybody beats him. Even Tebow.

19. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

He WOULD have changed something. Defenses, all year -- were stacking the box, our recievers weren't getting separation and there was no deep threat.

That's a factor. Doesn't matter if it's Braylon, Desean, Hill, or any other WR that can extend the field. We needed that and it showed last year. You extend the field, safety has to make sure the deep threat doesn't get open, and that opens it up for the slot and Holmes. With that, It's a lot easier for the offensive game to work.

I'm for signing Braylon, IF, he's healthy in case Hill doesn't work out. We don't know if Hill is going to be effective at all, I have hope for him but at the same time -- it'd be nice if we could field a WR who the defense KNOWS is somewhat of a deep threat.

We don't need "big strong guys", we need separation and to extend the field.

Anyway, I really hope Hill will be able to rival a season like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzZRlxS6wU

I have high hopes for the kid.

#79 NYDeadEye, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  20. sg3

sg3 Banned

we better hurry

with at least a dozen NFL teams obviously battling each other to sign Braylon and his one healthy leg, the Jets might not be able to afford the billions he will cost against their cap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.