I don't want to be a 1 year wonder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TouchdownReggieWayne

Some other Colts fans in my house were but I wasn't. I kept telling people "becareful what you wish for" The Jets remind me a lot of the Steelers team that knocked us off a few years ago. The game even started off like that game.

Besides that..I wanted a crack at the Chargers. Their players are arrogant idiots and their fans are even worse..as I'm sure you guys found out.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i would guess thats colts fans felt like that for a good chunk of peyton's career... until he actually won one for them. the future for this team is very bright as long as sanchez stays healthy. yesterday we all got to see a glimpse of what our passing game is going to look like for quite awhile. if we now have a competent passing attack to go along with a strong run game and defense there is no reason that this team won't be a perennial playoff team and constant superbowl contender for the next ten years.

3. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

The ravens said the same thing last year " rookie qb, rookie coach and rookie rb" but look at them this year and they didn't do crap this year. So what i'm saying is with the ever changing rosters and injuries I always hold my judgement on a team till after the preseason games

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

How so?

Bart Scott is old.
    Kris Jenkins will be back, but he is old and who knows how he will play with the bad leg.
    We need at least two more viable corner backs.
    We need a safety to replace Rhodes.

Super Bowl is the goal right? Because if you want to win the Super Bowl the Jets will have to beat teams with passing first offenses with multiple weapons. Teams like the Saints, Colts, Vikings, and New England will keep giving the Jets problems.

Revis will always be able to lock down the #1 WR, I honestly think Lowery can handle being the #3 CB, but the Jets need a #2 CB with talent to be a #1 CB on any other team than the JEts.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so because the elite teams in the league are going to be tough the jets can't compete with them for the next ten years. in case you didn't notice jenkins has been out all year and we made the afc championship game.

bart scott has a few more years left we have time to draft his replacement. our biggest need is secondary help and that only becomes a problem because guys like strickland can't stay healthy. does anyone else think its a coincidence that the second strickland went out and coleman had to play that the defense looked average at best? this team no longer needs to find major pieces because we have them all. build depth so a few injuries won't have as much of an affect on the defense.

6. Steve-o

Steve-o New Member

Colts fan, here.

No way in hell you guys are a one year wonder. You've got a very promising young QB, a hell of an offensive line, and a great defense.

You're going to be a force in the AFC East for at least the next decade.

7. FinFanfromCSU

FinFanfromCSU New Member

So I am a Dolphins Fan through and through, but I have to say congrats to you guys. I may hate the Jets, but found it hard not to be greatly impressed with the way you came out and played. The next decade is going to hold some awesome games betweend the Dolphins and Jets. Competion like this is why football is exciting. The AFC east is going to be the toughest division in football, and that is the way it should be.

Hope you guys have a great offseason. See you next year.

8. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

scott will be good for at least another 4 years. the guy made himself who he is from an undrafted free agent. he's going to outwork everybody.

jenkins has another 2-3 seasons left in him. his main strength is unbelievable strength. it's not like quickness which goes away around 30 for RB's and pass-rushers. if he can clog up the middle, he'll have a job for a long time. the key thing is that he needs to stay healthy. that means spelling him with pouha every 3rd down.

we have one of the best secondary depths in the entire league. the problem is that currently, WR/QB talent exceeds that of CB talent. we definitely need a #1B corner. but that's something we can get through the draft.

and why would we get rid of rhodes? he's played well since the benching.

another year in this system and everyone will get even better. just wait until you see how nasty this defense will be with a little better offensive play.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Unless Sanchez gets hurt we won't be a 1 year wonder.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Good defenses don't become bad in one year*, and mark is only getting better and we will have our whole team back healthy. Plus any additions that are added.

This team will be competitive for years.

* unless you are the Giants *