I can't justify buying a new car... Help me

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

My wife loves it, but, it's only been a month. She had an Audi A7 which was a lot of fun to drive, but she didn't like how the dash was set up and didn't find it very intuitive, plus, it was too low. I don't think I drove X6 more than 10 miles. I keep it simple and drive a RAM 1500 Rebel.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That 5.7 Hemi is too much fun to drive for it to be in a pickup truck.

barfolomew and Savatage like this.
  3. Savatage

it has balls!

BrowningNagle, barfolomew and abyzmul like this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I own a Ford F-150 with the 3.6l Ecoboost. I had some custom tunes done for it and the thing is fast for a pickup. If I wanted to spend a few bucks on upgrading the intercooler I could really give it some juice but my hot rod days are pretty much over.

I thought long and hard about the V8 option as I had the same engine in a 2013 Mustang GT that I bought brand new. But the gas mileage and the towing capacity of the Ecoboost sold me. Plus coming from past ownership of a Subaru STi, I knew how easy it was to make power in turbo charged engines if you wanted to

Savatage likes this.
  5. Savatage

I have 2 buddies that swear by the F150 and the Silverado. So, I shopped them both along with the RAM. For me, it just came down to style, I like the look of the RAM the most. Mine is a 2017 with about 55k on it and I've never sunk a penny into it except for normal maintenance. I'm only 1.5 miles from Bethany Beach so it's nice just being able to throw all the sandy shit in the back.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I like the Ram a lot. When it comes time to replace this it will most likely be a Dodge.

Savatage likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Had a 2004 Dakota for 14-15 years, put about 170k miles on it and brakes, oil change and tires are the only thing i ever had to do for it. Wish i never got rid of it, on my 3rd vehicle in the 5 years since and ready to move on from the current one again.

Savatage likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

/;)

BMW 5's are rock steady solid for the most part - Land Rovers can be a different story. That said, I bet a Porsche pickup truck model would be a total smoke show in Georgia and sell like hotcakes. Or, imagine tooling down Peachtree Street square in the middle of Midtown Atlanta in a cool-looking pastel-colored Porsche Boxster.... :cool:

https://986porsche.com/porsche-boxster-986-colors/?lang=en

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just bought a '23 Pathfinder Platinum. Very happy with it. I would have bought an EV, but they have to improve the range on them. My next car will be an EV, but I'll wait a few years before I get one. Maybe a Gen 3-5 EV would be what I'm looking for. 500+ miles range is a must.

#69 Cman68, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm one of the handful of people barely keeping Carvana afloat. I didn't get involved in all that vending machine nonsense, but I'm done with dealership games forever. I was casually looking for something specific, saw a 2022 model with about 2,400 miles online and jumped at it. Lousy time to buy, I know. Total impulse purchase. Easiest vehicle buying experience ever. I bought, financed and traded my old car all from my phone. The most difficult thing was getting my insurance guy to cooperate. Nice guy, and I've used him for every car I've ever had, but he hasn't really kept up with labor-saving technology.

Me: Hey Dave, I bought a new car. Need you to send them proof of insurance.
    Dave: Great. Give me their fax number I'll send it over.
    Me: Yeah, ummm . . . I'm not sure about a fax, but there's an online portal where I'm supposed to upload it. Email it to me and I'll do it.
    Dave: Portal???? I'll just give them a call. What's the number?
    Me: I don't have a number. I speak with them through a live chat.
    Dave: Yeah, chat, give me THAT number.
    Me: (sigh)

barfolomew and Brook! like this.