I cant beleive no one knows the rules...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cinvis, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Based on the reaction (cheers) from the crowd I would tend to agree. Based on the way they were booing the Pats at times today I seriously doubt too many of them knew the rule to react as it being an auto challenge.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's a stupid-ass rule anyway.

3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Why does OP have such a massive stick up his ass?

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

More, from ESPN...

5. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I'm reading the official NFL rulebook now, and if I understand correctly a "forcible blow" to the knees or below is a penalty, but if a defender "grabs or swipes" at that area it is not a penalty.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is the distinction between legal and not legal simply how hard the hit to the QB is? To be clear, I am not trying to blindly defend the Patriot player. I am asking because I am a little bit confused myself.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The refs had to see the red flag on the ground to flag it.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Guys, there is a rule about this.
    I remember in a preseason game this year when I found out about it...
    Don't remember the game but It may have been GB.

They called a penalty on the HC for challenging a non challengeable turnover or something of the sort...

That said, the OP was a complete douche about it so fuk him...lol

If this is the case and we were robbed Then it's just another case of the refs dicking us.
    I would love to see if the NFL sends us a letter... They're so quick to fine our guys but when they fuck up...not a peep....and it'll also be a direct correlation to the lockout if the refs didn't know this rule.

8. cobrien

cobrien Member

OK speaking of rule oddities, in the Tampa Bay game today, the last play of the game was a TD for Tampa which would of tied the game I believe. in any case they called it off and called a penalty and said receiver was ineligible as he stepped out of bounds in the back of the endzone and came back in and made the catch. On the replay it clearly showed he was pushed out by the cornerback. Ok here is what I thought the rule is, if a player is pushed out of bounds he can come back in and is eligible. But here is the bigger question, if the ref saw that he went out of bounds he had to have seen he was pushed, if he was pushed isn't that illegal contact or even pass interference?

Even if the ref did not see it, it was a scoring play and under 2 minutes left, should it not have automatically been reviewed?

I couldn't believe that play ended the game as there was no time left, they should of placed the ball on the 1 yd line and put up a couple of seconds back on the clock.

#68 cobrien, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think based on Note 2 it would NOT be a penalty. The defender in question wrapped Sanchez by the ankles and Ninkovich tackled Sanchez. I didn't think that was a penalty regardless but I didn't think the initial defender "lunged" at Sanchez.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bring back the fucking replacement refs. These idiots suck. The crew we got was pretty much the worst crew in the game today as well. No surprise the game was full of bad calls.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The truth is this should be on sportcenter and big news. This was a huge blown call and I was so pissed. Not only does this take away 7 points, Jets have the ball. Game changer, and the Pats should not be above that call. I rarely get so upset about a call but this was pure BS and I'm pissed at no one mentioning it, not even the announcers or anything.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it would only be on SC if teams like NE or NYg got screwed, then they'd spend the next 3 days discussing it.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i agree. even if they missed a call that would have been huge in our favor, im glad they didnt throw it, but it was clearly not a fumble and would have been complete BS.

they seriously need to change that rule -- and my suspicion is that the league has told officials not to enforce it.

14. JAG

JAG New Member

OMG you must be like...16 yrs old!!!!

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

the Patriots get away with murder

16. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Man I am so upset about the game I can't even recall the incident. Did this happen on the second Gronk TD, same drive at the 2/3 yard line?

We can blame the refs for whatever, the JETS had this game in the bag, all they needed to do was score a TD after the McCourty fumble. Instead they barely take any time off the clock, and don't score a TD.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hernandez fumble.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    NFL finds no improper act by Belichick after Hernandez fumble/nonfumble, I'm told. League found no evidence that BB threw the challenge flag

19. Revis Is Here24

Revis Is Here24 New Member

I think that the defender could push the WR out of bounds once the QB starts scrambling of out of the pocket. Freeman started running and then he pushed him.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he also tweeted this:

Manish Mehta
    Patriots had the benefit of what effectively was an extra timeout with the clock stoppage at 2:01 after Jets recovered fumble on kickoff

Manish Mehta
    Looked as if clock didn't start until McCourty reached 5yd line +stopped prematurely after Jets recovered, but NFL concluded no wrongdoing