I am sorry jet fans....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Farva, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's revisionist history at it's finest. The coaching staff, really Mangini, was absolutely responsible for losing to Oakland. By his own admission he thought passing against the worst defense in football against the run would be clever.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

So it's not on the players to execute it's just on the coaches? It's the coahces fault Brett threw into triple coverage near the GL?

3. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Let me see if I have this straight...

The Jets suck, because we had Chad Pennington as our QB, but we released him because he is such a great QB, and the Jets wanted an inferior QB like Brett Favre. But we also now suck since Pennington was a terrible QB in the playoffs. So how dare the Jets dump him on the Dolphags!

But on the other hand, it's all the coaches fault that quarterbacks threw INTs.

Please just ignore me. OK? Because I am now stupid from this whole mess.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If that's the case then why even have coaches? Just use sandlot rules. Why not? I'm sure we would have won if we did. We would have just run until they stopped it and since everybody knew they couldn't stop it I guess the final score would have been about 50-0.

You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand that. I am sure Mangini does now because I am confident that he was told in his exit interview that the Oakland and Denver games were a major part of why he was fired.

#144 Don, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mangini was fired b/c we lost 4 of 5 and we lost 4 of 5 thanks in large part to the QB he got a month before the season started.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

not to mention the idiotic game planning and play calling..........

Hat's off to the Farva, the original poster. You manned up to eat your crow.

This thread is heading south.

7. MudBowl Survivor

MudBowl Survivor New Member

UkilledKenny,
    I totally agree about the goal being the Super Bowl, and not just getting to the playoffs.This is the exact reason that I was 100% against the Favre deal from the start. I did not like where it was going to leave the Jets as a team. I knew there was no effin way that Favre leads this team to anywhere but where he led them. And it was not worth a one and done just to at best, make the playoffs and get killed, which was about as good as they would have been and that was at absolute best. We saw reality, and now they have no one. Including a coach, because their eyes got big to have Favre(who was never really worth all the baggage he brings, even when he was an MVP; I hate selfish me first players).