I am sorry but Saleh is not a good coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by george sakell, Dec 11, 2022.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm dude

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I honestly can't tell here anymore

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am reading more of George's posts and there is some element of truth..esp as it applies to Zach's stinking up the place week after week and not getting benched...trying and trying to push that square peg in a round hole

Mike White should have our QB sooner ...plus the drama with Moore and Mims I just don't get

MLF needs some healthy criticism for his confusing game plans week to week but Saleh is silent

Compare how RS has done to some othe newbie head coaches ...Miami for one and he looks a bit average no?

4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I much rather have Mike Mcdaniel, Brian Daboll or Kevin Oconell coaching this team. They are doing better with far less talent.

#104 george sakell, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Lol Joe Judge? I think this thread is over.

azhar80 likes this.
  6. george sakell

s
    Sorry Brian Daboll but Joe Judge can probally have the Jets more disciplined than Saleh to, anyone can. Don't let all the elite talent on this team fool you into thinking Saleh is a competent coach. 8-9 or 9-8 and not making the playoffs is still 8-9 or 9-8 not making the playoffs. And it sucks because we beat Buffalo once and coulda easily beat Minnesota but to bad we have a incompetent coach who brought a incompetent offensive coordinator here based on friendship and not credentials.

7. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Beginning of the year most fans, and experts didn't think we'd be in the playoff picture. Yet here we are playing meaningful games, and competing til the end against the top teams (Minn, Bills).

You would think fans would be excited Abt this young team and coaching staff. Nope! We're Jet fans and we expect to go 17-0 but we haven't been in the playoffs in a decade. We want to fire a coaching staff who has the team competitive vs the best teams. Unbelievable.
    Personally all the coaching staff is safe for next year in my book. Our rookies are making progress and looking like they belong in the league. The future looks bright and our coaching staff deserves credit.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. george sakell

Who cares about competitive if your not 1st your last, almost doesn't count, losing 22-17 or 30-0 is still losing, and thats exactly my pointing this team coulda won alot more games this year but our incompetent coach blew them. Bad personell decisions, bad penalty's, bad in game coaching, his incompetent offensive coordinator blew alot of games for us this year. Next year is going to be different we are going to be just a little below the cap, we still need to resign Mike White, and get a offensive line people on the defense will be cut. Hall won't be the same, Whos to say everyone on the defense comes into camp in shape like they did this year?

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

“Member since November 2022” is start to add up more and more with every post you make.

PJ4Ever, azhar80, Mogriffjr and 3 others like this.
  10. george sakell

Who cares when I joined you don't agree with someone so you act like a child? If you can't see that Robert Saleh made huge crucial mistakes this year with personell and brought the wrong offensive coordinator in stricly because he was his best friend you are out of your mind. What makes MLF qualified to be a offensive coordinator besides being Robert Saleh's friend? Any good competent coach has this team at 9-4 or better this year flame me all you want this team has elite players on both sides of the ball. He blew both games against New England thats for sure. And his bestie 100% blew the Minnesota game. And him protecting poor Zacky to start the year and starting Flacco instead of White is the reason why the Zacky is in the predicement now. Saleh created this monster, What was the purpose of starting Flacco over White to begin the season when everyone in the world but Saleh knows White is better. The guy is 11-19 so what exactly makes him a good coach? So far according to record he is one of the worst coaches the Jets have ever had who is riding the cotails of what Joe Douglas has built. I guess we expect so little of these franchise these days that people have high praise for a franchise who will probally miss the playoffs and be 1 game above or below .500 who cares that we haven't made the playoffs since 2010 who cares about getting a proven coach and a proven offensive coordinator there will always be next year! We have been saying this since 2010.

#110 george sakell, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  11. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

You lost me at "Zacky".

MoWilkBeast, bicketybam and abyzmul like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

No chance I’m reading this block of text from someone who clearly signed up to troll

bicketybam likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Saleh’s in game management is much improved but he does deserve criticism for his personnel decisions

He should’ve made the switch to Mike White much sooner. Zach Wilson blew those Patriots games, that’s what has this team on the outside looking in right now. Everyone could see Wilson was playing poorly in the weeks before those games and it was only a matter of time

Next when Wilson was hurt at the beginning of the year why did he go with Flacco instead of White? Those Ravens and Bengals losses are crushing for our playoff chances

Lastly when a young talented WR has a personality conflict with a struggling QB you don’t exile the guy. You gotta make it work. They really could’ve used Moore in those games he was being punished

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Losing the last two might have something to do with our precarious playoff hopes.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

People here are being too hard on him. 1st time head coaches are allowed to improve, too. You can't expect them to hit the ground running perfectly. They're going to make mistakes and take time to make adjustments to what works and what doesnt. For me, personally, Saleh has the demeanor and attitude of someone I would want to coach my team, so as long as you see improvement from him, let him keep going. Its one thing if he's a complete moron of a human like Nathaniel Hackett, Urban Meyer, etc, but he's not. Since he's got the right values, attitude and demeanor, let him develop. If you dont see improvement in his decisions, management, etc., then ok, but I think he's shown that he is growing. Some of his game time decisions last game were not correct, I agree, but there are heralded coaches around the league still doing dumb stuff every day. It happens. Let him grow and learn, which he seems to be doing. And for those saying he should have benched Zach earlier.... no way. Never forget that the #1 goal of a franchise is to find a franchise QB, nothing else. If you find one, you win, and if you dont, you lose. Its that simple. The Jets drafted Zach #2 overall and it is their duty to do everything in their power to find out if he can develop the talent and abilities so many saw in him. You dont throw away the goal of finding a franchise QB just to win some meaningless games and potentially sneak into a first round playoff exit one year. That is short-sighted and negligent, if you ask me. The Jets gave Zach plenty of leash, he hanged himself, and now its time to move on. But you absolutely do not pinch that off early and be forced to wonder if he's your guy next year or not. Now you know.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

There’s no way he could have made the switch to White earlier except for the second half of the second Pats game, which he absolutely should have. You can definitely get in him for that. But in general there’s just no way he could have benched a QB that was 5-1 at the time and led game winning drives in two of those games. We lost because of the QB once at that point, there was no reason to make a change. Like I said the second half of the second Pats game he absolutely needed to make a change even if it was temporary. It could have saved the game.

He also handled the Moore situation perfectly.

PJ4Ever, bicketybam and Kryoptix like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fans and the media can overlook performances because of record but the coaches are supposed to be above that. They are the ones that watch all the film. It is their job to evaluate each player.

They see Zach Wilson struggling, they know just because we won the Denver game 16-9 doesnt mean he was the best option at his position. He played terrible for weeks

18. george sakell

Point is it should of never gotten to that, there is 0 reason why he should of started Flacco over Mike White or Steveler the 1st 3 games, Jets weren't expected to do anything this year so why start a washed up has been that has no future on this team and not see what you have in Mike White or Steveler? Clearly Mike White had proven he is a good backup at that point. Saleh screwed up there and that's why Zack lasted so long, If Mike White killed it the 1st 3 games in nice weather Saleh would have been forced to make the change much sooner, so in essence Saleh's 1st crucial mistake was as soon as the season started and Saleh Blew the Season as soon as it started if the Jet's dont make the playoffs this year. There is no logical explanation for this besides that Saleh was trying to protect Zack's future and the team knew White is a better Qb than Zack and knew that if White shows out that he can't start Zack, so instead of worrying about putting the best team on the field, Saleh was playing politics. And that's why hes a bad coach, he plays politics to much and worry's about what others think to much instead of putting the best team on the field.

#118 george sakell, Dec 13, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah right. Jericho Cotchery, Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards were hot garbage. Were you watching the games then? We have talent now but they're all rookies and second year players. I think you have it backwards.

PJ4Ever and bicketybam like this.
  20. george sakell

Braylon Edwards was hot Garbage he had 1 good season in the Nfl before coming to the Jet's he had hands of stone, Garret Wilson better than Holmes, Moore better than Braylon not Moore's fault Saleh put him in the doghouse. This defense is better than what Rex had, there is no weak link on this defense. The Depth is nuts.