I am sorry but Saleh is not a good coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by george sakell, Dec 11, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

13-0 record through 13 weeks is seemingly the only thing that could save Saleh.

I agree with all of this. He's doing basic things that we've lacked for a while which is depressing. But I don't know what more we could ask of him. It's year one with any kind of talent on defense and the offense is clearly coming along based off a coaching decision at QB, and not an easy one. Nevermind the fact that he's totally changed the culture in the span of a year. He's in lock step with the GM as well. I couldn't be happier with Saleh all things considered.

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I want to feel like this, and I see why you do - specifically, I'm not responding to you to "argue", if you will.

The one thing that stops me from throwing my hat in with you to go all-in on this CS is the fact that there have consistently been really awful mental lapses on the field week in and week out, often in huge spots. They're the kind of mistakes that should happen once a season - or not at all, really, and the Jets seem to be producing them almost every week, sometimes multiple times a game. They routinely shoot themselves in the foot in situations they shouldn't even be handling a gun. They do totally avoidable things to put themselves behind the 8-ball.

The flip side though, is that the CS is unquestionably putting the talent on display. They've got this roster competing and flashing, so I'm happy with the progression they've shown - the general level of competitiveness has been so high and really refreshing. I just feel like I need to see more clean play in big games than they've shown this season; I'm tired of throwing my hands up and yelling something like, "WHY?!?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!" at a pivotal moment in each game.

JD is in a different category for me than the CS - I've been sold on him, and I continue to be grateful everyday he's in charge. Which is kind of wild since it appears he whiffed big time on Zach.

#82 Snatch Catch, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    PJ4Ever, twown and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. tubby

tubby Active Member

What’s he supposed to do when every single Tackle has been on IR at some point this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

A year ago the Jets were sitting at 3-10. I'll take 7-6 and still in the playoff run every time.

PJ4Ever, azhar80, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Qb decision was pretty easy Zack killed himself with that post game comment. Saleh has been given more talent by JD than any coach we had in the last 15 years. 7-6 does not cut it for me. As it looks now well go 9-8 or 8-9 and miss the playoffs. What a waste of talent. Rex made the playoffs with far less talent. The team never made stupid mistakes with him like they did with Saleh. I don't remember the last coach were we had a stupid inexcusable penaltys in almost half the games in a season that likely cost us the game. Any other coach would of pulled Zack much sooner and definately pulled him out of the New England game, yet he said it never even crossed his mind. Dressing Flacco is a major stupid decision to that cost us yesterday. This team should be atleast 8-5 or 9-4 with good coaching no excuses.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I feel like you weren’t a fan during the Rex era. That’s the only thing I can think of.

7. george sakell

Rex only had a good defense this Jets team has inanse talent on both sides of the ball. Only thing Rex had better was a offensive line. The Wide receivers are way better than Rex had to work with.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We lost a game where our QB got injured, one of our top WRs got injured, our best pass rusher/run stuffer got injured, and our best (remaining) o-lineman got injured. Against a good team.

People here honestly act like we should go undefeated or it was a bust.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Ralebird and azhar80 like this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Rex had incredible talent on defense and an outstanding offensive line. Put down the pipe. He also made the playoffs at 9-7 when the Colts sat all their starters in the last game.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, even though it was a division rival in a possible playoff season, I have to say that I was probably the least upset over that loss as I have been about any of them this year. That weather was a shitshow, Nantz and Romo were mentioning it every 5 minutes. And it contributed to all of those injuries.

Anyone downplaying the weather is probably less than honest about their reasons.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree with all of what you said.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rex was so good he made Buffalo have to go into full rebuild mode.

13. boozer32

Saleh left a few wins on the field. The Jets are better but the coaching is a problem. I also think only Ulbrich and Boyer are the only good coaches on the staff. The OL is awful and I realize they had some major injuries.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

In terms of ringing endorsements, that one is a doozy.

JackBower and BroadwayAaron like this.
  15. boozer32

What did Zach say in his post game interview?

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

PlAn BeTtEr

17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It is going to be interesting because we have the nucleus of our rebuild. We have used up all of our prime picks and money on free agents. Sauce and Wilson seem like great picks,but how bad do the Becton,Mims,Wilson picks hurt us. Vera should be good but the reality is he has only played 75 % of his games CJ has play amazing this year, do you keep him or roll the dice and trade him? The bottom line is we are up against the cap with average draft capital and not a top 15 qb .Our best hope is White becomes that

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20/20

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Rob Saleh is a bitch and that he's one mistake away from his milf getting slam pigged.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

20. george sakell

Robert Saleh has made many irrational decisions, like putting Moore and Mims in the doghouse for way to long when the Qb was obviously the problem, giving that Qb to much rope and letting him last 21 games, that Qb terribly regressed under him, absolutely put no pressure on him and basicly giving him the keys to the offense all season even though he didn't earn it, intentionally starting Flacco instead of Mike White the 1st 3 games so just incase Mike White plays lights he can't justify putting back Zack Wilson in, And making Flacco the #2 Qb when he is clearly past his prime. Along with not benching Zack in the NE game and the 5+ stupid undisciplined penalties that were momentum killers in 5 games thats a reflection on him. Along with his bestie Mike Lafleur whos holding back the offense. The only good coach on this team is Ulbrich, his defense plays with fire and you see the fire in him and running all over the field, Saleh just pats people on the butt and say's good job. I love how Jet fans are defending him when he has a elite offense and elite defense. How can you not be barely .500 when you get the droy, oroy, Breece Hall who immediately gets replaced by Bam Knight who just looks like him, Mosley playing at a all pro level. The whole defensive line getting 5+ sacks a game. This team should easily be 9-4. On top of that we got lucky playing backup qbs like 4 times this year, if not for that we would be under .500 right now. Saleh and Lafleur are trash. Hes 11-19 year to date, so so far hes worse than Adam Gase but yeah lets go put him in the hall of fame!!! How about he starts taking receipts on himself his chronie MLF and all the stupid demented penalties this team is still taking 2 years into his tenure. If he was a good coach we woulda won atleast 2 out of 5 games(cinci/both NE games/ Minnesota/Buffalo), he clearly got outcoached by actual good coaches.

#100 george sakell, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022