I am sorry but Saleh is not a good coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by george sakell, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m inclined to agree

2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This team is headed in the right track.

3. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I love the Jet fan mentality of there will always be next year that's why our owner is laughing all the way to the bank, every year the Jets fans look "foward to next year", what about this year huh? This team should be in the playoffs!!! In the Nfl things change year to year so much and players don't come the same to training camp yearly. Look at the Rams they went from Superbowl to duds in a 1 year. There is no guarantee that Quinnen, Mosley, Garrett Wilson, Sauce, Dj Reed will play at elite levels like this year. I am not looking foward to "next year" I am looking "foward" to this year. And there is 0 excuse why this team should not be in the playoffs with 5 players playing like "all pros". Being good but not good enough it doesn't do shit for me.

4. JETFUEL1580

Organization needs to continue to build. We're not there yet. We will be.

5. george sakell

Yeah we have been building since 2010 guess around 2040 we will finally find the right coach and have elite talent at every position and finally reach the playoffs unless world war 3 erupts ofcourse and its the end of the world than well never witness the Jets in the playoffs because we can continue building for the next 18 years!!!

6. JETFUEL1580

Then stop supporting this team if you're so miserable dude. Like seriously.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  7. george sakell

Can't help who your a fan of since a kid dude, love the team and players but very down on ownership and coaching, only thing that saves this team is the Woody's go broke and they sell the team to Steven Cohen or someone like him. No playoffs since 2010 and "always next year"? How can you accept this?

8. JETFUEL1580

You're a troll?

I gotcha

Get me the Damn Ball and cval like this.
  9. george sakell

Yeah im a troll I support the players but blast the ownership and coaching cause they suck. And no longer accept mediocrity from the team that makes me a troll because I want to see the Jets win a superbowl in my lifetime, if that makes me a troll than I accept I'm a troll.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  10. JETFUEL1580

Ok buddy, look I made a simple quote. I think actually we are on the same team, ok.

This particular squad is headed in the right direction. That was my point.

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This reminded me of when Romo sang “oh the weather outside is scary” yesterday just before commercial and Nantz was like “Frightful”?

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If you want to watch a bad coach but a good coordinator. Someone in a cupcake division, with a team that has a ton of star 'quality' who should be walking into the playoffs backwards, but who argue amongst themselves, sulk and are the opposite of what a team should look like go and watch the Bucaneers. The OP is describing Bowles, not Saleh.

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm happy with a .500 season as if it's a major goal to achieve. It's that it's a major sign of progress. If you expected Salah to bring us major success in his second year as head coach with a bunch of rookies...talented players, but rookies nonetheless...a major question mark at QB, and a huge number of injuries to the elite talent you speak of, your standards are damn near impossible.

But this is part of why it's damn near impossible to succeed in NY: There's a demand for immediate success, with no grace and no excuses. If that approach had a history of working, I'd say yeah, this is NY, hit the ground running or get out because that's how we do things. But we haven't, and for the first time, we're clearly building towards long term success. If we were to tear it down now, it would set the franchise back another five years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I def get the frustration but Saleh is going to be a HC in the league for a while and it would be good it's the NYJ who keep him.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we've had better (mangini)....but we have also had much worse - gase, edwards. saleh is the same as rex minus the bluster and displaced ego.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The guy is in the running for coach of the year but sure, TERRIBLE head coach.

oh no, we lost two games, both of which were against 10 win teams! THE FUCKING CALAMITY!

FIRE EVERYONE! CUT EVERYONE!

ColoradoContrails and IDFjet like this.
  17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Saleh is a good coach. This season has been fun to watch. It sucks losing the last 2 weeks, but the Jets are proving they can compete with the top teams. JD and Saleh are changing the culture of the franchise. Hope both are here for a long time as they are doing a good job.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Saleh is becoming a good coach and the only reason he's becoming a good coach is because he's learned to adjust.

His game management skills are also very good. We always have all our timeouts, two minute drives are managed correctly, there's no dumb challenges or lack of challenges available. Penalties aren't a huge issue.

They mostly go for it when they should and kick when they should (sans end of half vs. Minnesota) and the team plays really hard for him.

Not sure what more you can want. They have some things to clean up but every team does.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, I just have to disagree. He ain't perfect. He's getting better. I am perfectly content with this coach right now. Team is fired up and plays hard. No give up with this team. Does Mike White have broken ribs? I have not yet heard Jets news today. So weird to hear a Jets fan mad they didn't concede a big game.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Wild. The perception of the people.

I'm over here confident AF In this CS. I think I like our CS better than the 09' and 10', Sexy Rexy CS.

Yet. Here we are.

I'm confidently throwing my hat In on this CS and I think If they keep growing on top of how good they already are. Well..

I think RS and JD are going to be here for a long time and I'm not unhappy about that.

Snatch Catch, IDFjet and Lon Chaney like this.