I am sorry but Saleh is not a good coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by george sakell, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm still mad about Ryan Kalil... :confused:

FJF likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Ok so You saying MLF is the big influence on Flacco playing, and not JD.

i know everyone loves to blame OC’s for everything, but let’s break this down a bit.

Flacco severely limits play calling. Can’t roll out with him, forget about RPO, and zero chance of extending a drive with legs. He’s a sitting duck every drop back.
    You think MLF is pounding the table for that? Seriously?

Or maybe it’s the guy that worked with him in Balt, and signed him not once here, but twice (the second of which cost us a draft pick to boot)?

It’s not hard to see how Flacco has lingered on this roster.
    The 53 man roster decisions is literally the GMs job.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Which QB are we talking about?

4. BacktoQueens

The one with a higher chance of turnover than first down.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And I thought the “cut Berrios” thread was dumb

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wonder if Bills fans thought the same about McDermott when they fell to 7-6 last year. Or Fins fans about McDaniel when they dropped to 3-3 this year.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

Probably a few. There’s always a few :p

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I understand why the Jets didn't pay Sam but I enjoyed watching him win today. Good player and classy guy.

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It absolutely amazes me that so many people here want to clean house again despite all the improvement this year. Nothing is good enough for this fanbase. I swear, even if we won the Super Bowl, people would want to clean house because we didn't go undefeated. If we went undefeated, they'd want to clean house because not every game was a shutout. If we went undefeated and won every game by shutout, people would want everybody fired because they'd say our schedule was too easy, we weren't as good as we looked, and we would have gotten our asses kicked against tougher teams.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome to New York!:p

11. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

This is the type of thread which makes a Jet fan question being a Jet fan. Soon as you look like everyone is on board with Saleh and appreciating what he brings to the team you get an ignorant imbecilic thread like this. I’m embarrassed someone would start this thread. Whoever started this thread be proud that you’re a jerk. Total joke.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

At a minimum the OP should have his thread creation rights suspended until he proves he can post intelligently.

Jets81 likes this.
  13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I know. My brother is a Giants fan and he says they're the same way :D. We're from New England, so we're used to fans who think their team can do no wrong.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

In what universe, using your logic, would a GM that has his finger print and reputation all over Zach would demand for Flacco, an insurance move at best to be the back up. Yes, he is responsible for the 53. He is not responsible for who plays when. That is a myth. The CS needs to get some major balls. JD worked hand in glove on every draft, every move and every selection. But the CS picks the starters and back ups, in fact the CS had no problem fucking with Moore, and Mims and Robinson for starters, all JD moves, but they would cave for Flacco because of JD back in Baltimore. Really now?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Overall, this team is much better than it's been in a decade. I do question how the coaching staff has handled some of their internal issues, but the biggest problem has been the revolving doors at 4 of the 5 OL positions.

Jets79 likes this.
  16. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

it absolutely amazes me that we have been so awful for so long that people are happy with being .500. If this team misses the playoffs this year it's on Saleh. The talent on this team is incredible, who cares if we are 0-16 or 8-9 and miss the playoffs who the freak cares? Moral victory's are jack shit. He has been given a elite defense and a good offense no excuse why this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. We may have more playmakers on this team than any team has on their team. With the chargers winning today we are now out of the wildcard, if they choke vs the Lions next week our playoff hopes are done. It will be a major chokejob because we shoulda won atleast 1 of the last 3 games we lost. Oh so we go .500 this year lets pat our selves on the back, its like the fans patting Zack Wilson on the back for 20 games when he had 1 good throw and threw 20 into the ground. Adam Gase went 7-9 with far less talent does that mean he is a good coach? No he was hot trash. Give me a break Saleh has been given so much talent the Jets should be walking into the playoffs, his stupid stubborness and not seeing things "good coaches" can spot from a mile away has cost us big this year.

#56 george sakell, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  17. BacktoQueens

Why would MLF be banging the table insisting on Flacco?
    Under no circumstances would Flacco playing be favorable to MLF, but you are suggesting this is his influence, while absolving JD.

Why is Flacco even on the team? Because JD traded for him, and wanted no competition for Zach. Now they got Zach in a bubble as inactive, organizationally I believe they feel he is not ready. That’s why Flacco is here, still on the team, and still dressing.
    Flacco needs to be cut, and only JD can make that call.
    Play Steveler if they want to keep Zach in a bubble. Flacco shouldn’t be an option.

as for the other players you’ve mentioned, total straw man.
    The only one that should be playing is Moore, and he is playing again now that Zach is benched.
    Criticizing JDs golden boy isn’t gonna get his endorsement on playing time.

#57 BacktoQueens, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  18. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Flacco is awful but Mim's in no universe is awful, he is a excellent blocker and he caught everything thrown at him, there is so much wide receiver talent on this team that he gets limited action.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He had a good game today, but Mims has dropped quite a few passes in limited time. Penalties also.

Agree though, his reps are limited because of the depth at WR. I think he definitely increased his trade value of the past few games he's played.

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Our best running back and our most versatile OL Hall and Vera-Tucker got hurt in the same game. Both will be back next year and this team will be different. This year is a success. I can see the blueprint. Its just gonna get better from here on out.

ColoradoContrails likes this.