I am so %$#@ing PROUD of this team!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 1, 2006.

1. akibud

akibud Active Member

Absolutely right Hornet, in the past, (Herm yrs) losses like this would hurt more, becasue I always felt the team did not play up to or above their talent. The team would always play bland and without imagination. This team however, is showing that they are capable of pulling together as a group, and effectively surprising their opponents each week.

This is a sign of a good CS who knows the Xs and Os and knows something about preparing their team to play each individual opponent.

I am impresed.

The Jets were getting blown away in the first 1/4 on both sides of the ball, they made adjustments and then attacked the Colts hard!!

Kudos to the entire team.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I have to agree- in the few games we've seen thus far, this team has shown more grit, ingenuity and an all-around better nose for the ball.
    We're now risk-takers, we don't sit on our laurels and our coach recognizes that 3 points isn't enough when you're against one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

I have nothing but good things to say for this team and their development- that being said, we do need to improve in certain noticeable areas, but the building blocks are there and the next few seasons hold a great amount of promise for the Jets.

3. Don G

Don G New Member

I cosign on this. I am as proud as I ever have been of this team. I'm ecstatic about our future. I love the players but I believe that we have some holes to fill. I truly believe this team will be destined for great things. I'm just happy that we don't give up and play to win, unlike with Herman.

4. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

This is the type of team you want to cheer for. Tough loss today, but I have to agree that I'm very proud of this team.

By the way, this was one of the most fun games to watch, not just as a Jets fan, but as a football fan in general.

5. Phlyphrytz

Phlyphrytz New Member

i'm extremely proud of this team. yesterday's game is the perfect example of why i love this team.... they sure know how to keep it exciting. but i think i'd be more proud if the jets learned how to show up for the first quarter. mangini keeps talking about "finishing strong".... well.... ya gotta start strong too.

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Herm sure quit under the Jets, tho

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

If that game at Carolina last year was not quitting then I don't know what is.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

For the first time in Years the Jets did not LOOSE the game. We played Hard and Got Beat. There is a difference. It took a Future Hall Of Fame Qb to do so. We have not seen a Jets team play to win in five years. We should be happy today as Jets fans that the mess that was made is in the process of being fixed.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Me too!!! Go Jets!!!! These guys are playing so well!!!

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They didn't quit, it was a TD game in the 4th qtr against one of the NFC's bst teams, our undermanned team eventually started turning it over and we lost buig but they never quit.

11. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I agree with the pride thing...I think we are going to have an exciting season ahead

it's funny to me how many fans have already seemingly lost touch with reality 4 games into the season....

Fact of the matter is, we won 2 games, both on the road, which is great.....one against a divisional foe who we always lose to in their house....

and lost to 2 teams who are still arguably still amongst the elite in the conference (New England proved to me yesterday that the Denver game was an abberation, and they are still a team to be reckoned with)

The Jet D obviously has holes, and even one key stop might have resulted in a W....

but.... it also was a game that clearly looked like it could have been a blowout, but aggressive game planning, some gutsy play resulted in an exciting game where we came up short against a team that has not lost many games in the regular season over the past few years

Based on the way the Jets performed, I see no reason why we can't be 5-3 at the bye.......and frankly how much more could you ask for...

The win would've been nice but whose kidding who, if they won yesterday, that would have been a steal