I am so %$#@ing PROUD of this team!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 1, 2006.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

What did you expect. We knew the defense would have trouble against the colts offense.

2. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

true, im proud of them and the effort they put it, but we were in a position to win and i think this year we are now going to expect the team to win these types of games...cant use 'rebuilding' as an excuse or 'we were tipped to finish last' shit...we know we are good enough to win these games and need to make the plays on O and D.

We had our chances and didnt come away from it. But I will say that im not disspaointed in their effort, just sad that they couldnt get the win for themselves. We have some positive things to build on and each sunday i watch the Jets, im expecting a win and plenty of scores!!!

#42 NYMagpies, Oct 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:smile: Maybe they should do flash cards instead of cue cards.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I can't help but feel good about how our team played today and gave everything they had. But it still hurts knowing that they had it won.

#44 RobA, Oct 1, 2006
  5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Today, the Jets have proven they are a legit playoff team.

#45 Big Poppa Naich, Oct 1, 2006
  6. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Was it the swiss cheese defense or the absolute lack of a running game that led you to that decision?

7. boomer

boomer Active Member

I get the sense that this team has a certain intangible that makes them play better than they are. I don't know if it's a reflection of the coaching staff, chemistry, or what; but this team has heart if nothing else.

8. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

i feel that too...they just believe...the run is poor and the D has holes BUT, they nearly beat the fkn colts....the COLTS!!!

in saying that tho, we should have held on...if we can improve in these areas, watch out!

9. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

been going to games longer than I can remember...or you probably... and what I find happening is... I am ENJOYING this coach...and this team turning around....fans with their hearts right out there on their sleeves may be upset thru their short-term reading of what's in right front of them....this is a team being re-formed and I'm starting to feel that we are on the verge of something special...I am pleased with our progress

10. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

And that's why you draft a team full of character guys, rather than a team of TO primadonnas.

11. GangGreen Canuck

GangGreen Canuck New Member

Even though I'm upset that we lost, and some may say we are the SAME old Jets by losing...but what makes me happy is that this team is NOT the same old Jets team. We knew our defense would not have an easy day. Some may even say our defense sucked today, but Manning had only 217 yards passing and 1 passing touchdown and not one of the Colts running backs had over 100 yards rushing individually. Considering we were not given much of a chance of winning, I'm am very happy about where this team is headed. The 2 losses have been close games, and this team has not given up in any game this season. Something that has been lacking in recent years. We could very easily be 4-0. This is only Mangini's fourth game as coach and already there has been much improvement from the Herm Edwards era....I can only imagine what the last few games of this season will be like...but i'm sure it will leave me very very hopeful for next season.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

we played our balls off so for that im proud....but to just make a blanket statement that youre so effing proud of this team is a bit silly because................we may have the single worst defense in football....so to be soooo effing proud of that is a bit strange if you ask me

13. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

We do not have all the parts for a good D. We need a passrushing LB. Its going to be and up and down year. Hopefully and likely with more ups

14. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

This is the first time in about 5 years that I feel completely confident in the team regardless of who they are playing, the score, or the circumstances. Even when Leon got tackled at the 2, I did not have that pit-in-stomach feeling that I always used to get when my instincts would tell me that it was over; there was no hope.

I trust this staff. Some of the players may not fit in the scheme, they may not have the talent at certain positions, they might be inexperienced, and they definitely make some mistakes, but I trust them. They put the best team and the best gameplan out on the field each week, and as a fan that is all I can ask for.

Rest assured that this same team under Herm would be 0-4. There is no way they win on the road against the Titans and the Bills. Especially as close as those games were.

I do not know about anyone else, but I am going to hang on for this ride, because I have a feeling that in the end it is going to be worth it.

15. GangGreen Canuck

GangGreen Canuck New Member

I've lost that pit-in-stomach feeling that it was over too...I'm finally gaining some confidence in this team....I know they will keep playing till the end.

16. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I am too man, its tough but we fought and showed balls, something herm doesnt have.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is one of the worst losses of the past decade. We had Indy beat if we make sound decisions and if we had a Defense that was just bad instead of awful. We've proven we can play w/ anyone, expectations change and there are no moral victories. We had this game, we should be 3-1 but we blew it like we always used to blow it. I do not come out of this game feeling good especially w/ another loss possibly coming next week at Jax.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Again w/ the Herm stuff, going for it on 4th and G from the 3 late in the 3rd in a tie game is not showing balls it's moronic and it cost us the game.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Aside from the fact that the Jets are 0-2 at home, I see nothing wrong with this team compared to where it should be.

20. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

And if the on side kick failed you would have said don't give Manning a short field..fourth and 1..punt it,..put them deep...bottom line we needed one stop in the last quarter and didn't get it..thats not aaron Brooks on the other side of the ball..its P. Manning the most prolific QB maybe in the history of the NFL ..the field goal ties the game..Indy wins the coin toss..if it comes up again I'll be pissed if Mangini doesn't do the same thing..period!!