I am so %$#@ing PROUD of this team!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 1, 2006.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I hate our defense with a passion right now. they broke my f*ckin heart today.

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Missed the first half, but from what I saw the second half defense pretty much layed down again. Except for the Pats game that has been the same thing we've seen throughout the season. The rush defense was getting pushed around and the receivers were wide open and the Jets coiuldn't get any pressure whatsoever.

3. k311

k311 Member

D needs a lot of shoring up but what an effort otherwise. i really hope coles is ok.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I liked your old avatar better.

5. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

The Colts are the best team in the AFC MAYBE even in the NFL. And the fact that we came within 3 points of beating them, it couldve possibly been a tie game, AND made Peyton Manning play to the most of his ability, makes me think that we have a pretty good effing team. Jets fans should be happy we played this well. I know the loss is tough to stomach, because it still hurts, but c'mon, be proud of this team boys!

JAAAAAAAAY

EEEEEEEEEEEEE

TEEEEEEEEEEE

ESSSSSSSSSSSSS

JETS! JETS! JETS!

:jets: :jets: :jets:

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am also very pleased with my team ( the Jets ). They are playing very well right now, the coaching staff is doing an exxcellent job calling the games, I am positive we are doing things right. I am very pleased.

7. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

This is how I felt after the Pats game. Coming back from 24 down to make it a game was something to be proud of.

This game showed me that this team has major fortitude, but it is still a dissapointment. I won;'t blame anybody being proud of this loss because it's the same stance I took just a couple weeks ago. After the win in Buffalo I had some smal hope we could tak this one, and we almost did.

However, to have Manning march down the field in 1 minute and 30 something with zero timeouts and qb sneak it in is flatout embarassing. The defense was completely manhandled.

I still have a lot of hope that Mangini has this team in the right direction, but I am begining to wonder how much of this is the coach, and how much of this is the return of Chad, who has been fantastic so far.....

8. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

I got nothing negative to say about this game or this team on this one. Sure, we need better personnel at several spots, but we fought hard until the gun sounded. For every complaint about a decision by the coaches, I can offer a decision that kept us in the game. We adjusted into schemes and lineups that had people who sucked earlier in the game making big plays for us.

I'm proud of this team, too. Most of us seemed to want a coach who would go for touchdowns and not settle for field goals. Well, we've got one and maybe that cost us. But the aggression shown by Mangini, Schotzie, Sutton and Westhoff bodes well for the future of this team.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No one gave us a shot, and Shannon even compared us to a bunch of "mules" (He really did, the asshole), but we took it to them hardcore. It would have been our greatest win ever had we been able to score on that last, unconventional, but awesome drive.

Go Jets!

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If we can pull out a win in Jax this loss will be forgotten. After Jax we have 3 games, that if we play even half as good as today, will be blowouts. Nobody in their right might would have called the Jets a 6-2 team halfway through the season. There are good times ahead.

11. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

cant win em all... but man did that 4th and goal come back to haunt us...

12. Sundayjack

I had to stop listening to what Shannon said almost immediately after I started understanding what Shannon said.

13. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Sharpe might as well be talking with his head up his ass half the time, and the other half should be spent trying to regain his breath.

14. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am still amazed that him and Irvin can be making a living on TV based on commentary, no one can hear the commentary!!!!!

15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Umm... Fake Spike?

16. Sundayjack

And whose brilliant idea was it to let the combination of Boomer, Marino, Shannon, and JB do the replay highlights at the half? It's like Mrs. Gaysor's 7th grade reading hour.

17. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

great game, but moral victories are not victories

big lump in throat

18. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

ive been digusted with a lot of endings that were worse than this one

19. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Well said. The loss hurt but I feel better about this team each week and after this game I feel like we can beat anybody.

20. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I agree Hackettstillsux. We came here, HUGE UNDERDOGS, and we almost beat the colts!:jets:

The colts needed a qb sneak TD to beat the jets wow.