I’m done

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 20, 2020.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Now that Manish is gone, Beningo's apparently doing his best to assume the title of worst Jets pundit.

REVISion, Poeman and hornblower like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the Colts will be playing their starters in Week 17. If they beat the Steelers, the AFC South title will be undecided (since the Titans have the tiebreaker), and if they lose, they can't clinch a playoff birth until Week 17.

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Well said.

The organization was never trying to tank. And, coming from someone who was entirely in the pro-tank group, an organization should never actively try to tank a season. It sets a bad culture for the franchise and is a stain that is difficult to get out once it sets in. The players should always play hard, for a multitude of reasons, and the coaches and front office should do all of that as well. You can't build a successful franchise on the back of actively trying to be bad at something.

With that said, it's still painful to see the chance at a franchise QB slip away. I was devastated yesterday and still am today, and still will be tomorrow and heading into the new year and the new league year in a couple of months. But, on the other hand, I'm happy for the players and, in some small way, happy to a degree that we don't have the stain of 0-16 on us. But all of that came at a high price.

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

What? Selling out for a player even a top QB is silly. Surround any competent signal caller with talent and the team will do fine. More Williams and Becton types will make the Jets a winner. This board is really sad.

papapump likes this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes sir i do watch football and it behooves the jets GM to examine any and all possibilities.

Watson is not likely on the table but with the texans having another disappointing campaign, and an interim coach (RC), you just never know.

its worth a call.

6. jets_fan

If you're going to kick the tires on Watson, you're also going to have to take on that MASSIVE contract of his. For a team that is in a complete rebuild coming off a 1-15 season, that would be an incredibly dumb thing to do. Watson would be surrounded by a worse surrounding cast than what he had in Houston this year that led them to a 4-win (or whatever it's been so far) season. No thanks. And this is coming from someone who desperately wanted Watson when he came out.

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Agree. If the Jets were interested in Watson the time for that was 4 drafts ago or whatever its been.

And at the time after watching him in the National Title game I was kind of wondering if maybe that wouldn't be a good idea.

8. jets_fan

I've said elsewhere that I don't watch a lot of college football. I usually take Saturday as my day away from sports, so that means sacrificing that particular sport, so I didn't see Watson play much at all during his college career. I did, though, catch the second half of the championship game against Alabama and thought, just based on what I saw there, that the Jets had to have him. I still remember the people at work that I talk football with trying to make me feel better about passing on him by saying that we'd really gotten the best player in the draft anyway with Jamal Adams. I hated that pick then and I hate it even more now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd gladly kick the tires on Watson and absorb that contract without thinking twice about it.

But there is absolutely zero chance that they would move him. He's a top 5 QB in this league and has the Texans hanging with teams with practice squad receivers and offensive lineman.

10. jets_fan

We'd be in the same position as the Texans then if we took on that contract. We'd be spending a huge amount of our cap on the QB while the rest of the team is completely void of talent, and we wouldn't be able to fill those gaps with the draft capital that we've attained because it would take most, if not all, of that in order to just acquire Watson.

I love Watson. He's the second-best QB in the game behind Mahomes and I root for him to succeed each and every week. But our chance at him has long since sailed.

Wut? and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Of course it's sailed. Watson will be a Texan until he forces his way out (unlikely and difficult in the NFL) or becomes a free agent as a 38 year old man.

If available, I don't believe people have a firm grasp on the game or how good he is if they didn't want to go after him.

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

How many people are now SO DONE?

Wut? likes this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hate that I became a fan of this team lol

dawinner127 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If Jets keep Gase--I would hope a lot of people would be done with this team.

Poeman, Wut?, papapump and 1 other person like this.