I’m done

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 20, 2020.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Not sure what’s going to happen in regard to trades but the Jets are not going to draft Fields. Even if they were to stay put at #2 and draft another player.....

semperfigreen likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Pseudo Spike

Pseudo Spike Member

The Jagwhores have their savior right in front of them. No chance they win either game.

4. Illl be done when fans want to ignore offensive skill AGAIN this offseason & JD does exactly that

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

A lot of people keep talking about trading the #2 for a boatload of picks.
    It take 2 to tango, and I do not think there is really going to be any demand for that pick unless Chargers want to get Sewell. I do not think anyone is moving up to get Fields.

REVISion likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

There’s still a few games of the season left.

also LOL at those saying to fire Gase. But wasn’t Gase your best shot at getting the #1 pick??
    Also players don’t tank so let’s not act like they should have been complicit in the tank, nor the staff or ANYONE.

Legit the only ones who wanted the tank were the fans.

No one wants the stench of a 0-16 on the docket. The fact that they are 1-13 is dreadful but just finish the season and continue to believe that Joe can bring in the right players. To me, the biggest detriment has been coaching then talent, and definitely on the offensive side of the ball. Get a TRUE offensive mind and go from there. Go Jets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing to realize is that next season isn't going to be a 'good' season unless the Jets go full retard in the free agent market.

We've got a choice between 3-7 wins naturally or maybe 7-10 wins on steroids. It's anybody's guess as to whether the owners have absorbed the lessons of 2011 and 2015 at this point but the odds say not, since they made the same series of blunders in 2019. It's going to be so hard to be a last place team next year, even if that is what the Jets need to do to finally get the build going right. On the other hand being a fake contender via free agency for the fourth time in ten seasons is going to just blow chunks as well and set us up for another rebuild a few years down the pike.

It is possible that next season will cement the Jets owners as the worst ownership in the NFL - finally overtaking Snyder in Washington.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm not really looking for next season to be a "good" season. It's going to be rough, in terms of wins and losses. What I would be looking for next season is a reason to have hope. If we had a stud QB coming in, along with some quality free agents and a solid draft class with still a lot of draft capital left to use, and a great new coaching staff, then there would be signs of good things coming down the pike. We're not going to have any of that, though, so slogging through next season will feel a lot like this season: pointless. We're going to have a third-rate coaching staff, Sam Darnold still at QB, and decidedly lesser quality free agents than we would have had with a better staff and a stud QB prospect in place.

Terminated117 likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well this is the most traffic on this site since the run up to the 2018 draft! But I'm done for the night. I'm just going to wait and see what the landscape looks like in 2 weeks: has Darnold continued to play like an actual NFL QB? Is Gase still the HC or has he been fired? Where did the Jets wind up in the draft order? Until then, there's not much of anything that's certain.

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

A few hours have passed since we potentially saw the future success of this team go down the tubes and a lot of my thoughts are negative:

- The jets are a laughingstock and major sports media members are actively cheering the fact that we will not be getting trevor (I would advise jets fans to unfollow these people to make your voice heard).

- The jets HC job was very attractive with the assumption of getting the first overall pick - this is now not the case. We have a ton of cap space, a ton of picks, but big player HC's looked at trevor as the answer at QB as the number one draw, we may not have that anymore. The rumor of Bill Cowher coming to the jets are likely shot to shit at this point.

- The jets still likely need to part ways with Sam. People will say he was treated poorly throughout his tenure here and I would agree, but financially it would not make sense to bring him back and you would need to find an HC candidate who wants to hitch his wagon to sam for another season. It shrinks the pool of candidates considerably IMO.

- Jets fans have every right to feel disgusted, just like players have every right to feel excited they won a game. It's about perspective but I will note that these players will not be on this team forever. Unfortunately, we as fans are stuck. a meaningless win may have screwed us for years to come.

Potential scenarios for the last 2 weeks of the season - jags pull off a W against the bears who are going to roll with Foles over Trubisky, week 17 Colts may rest starters?

Have to hope for the above, and for us to lose the next two weeks (wouldn't be shocked if we won week 17 at this point).

NYJalltheway, Br4d, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Sure, give me their phone numbers and I’ll tell them. And they’ll probably agree and tell you how the Rams defense and run game are why the Rams won.

12. Br4d

Sam Darnold is the linchpin for full retard mode. He's the QB with a few seasons under his belt who could make everybody squint and see a playoff run with a few top free agents and the return of C.J. Mosley.

In reality he's maybe 50/50 to take a big step forward or just continue failing. If the Jets go full retard and lose that coin flip we'll be miserable well into the 2020's.

The thing that Trevor Lawrence represented was the opportunity to do the rebuild right, with another season of stockpiling talent while he got his feet on the ground. Sam Darnold is not that at all. The pressure to win right away with him at QB is going to be immense and the Jets organization does not handle that type of pressure well.

13. Br4d

Darnold's game today was a game managers game. We saw nothing out of him that we didn't see out of Mark Sanchez in 2011 when the shine was already off the apple.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's eating me more the outright disgust , anger or overall depression

I hope everyone just departs as fans ...let the Johnsons view 100s of empty seats

What a meaningless turd of a Win...I won't forget this moment come March 2021

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I have not had the urge to see social media on the Jets or read news. I am positive this team has the most awful ownership in football and I will not spend a dollar on them anymore.
    Jets don't belong at all

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Yep, another typical USC quarterback performance.

But the Jets won't learn. Despite the fact that neither USC nor OSU produce quality NFL QBs, we'll still keep going back to those wells. Can't wait to see how quickly and spectacularly Fields flames out as the Jets QB.

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Damn it's hard seeing this fanbase at the breaking point like this. I really do think better days are ahead but then again every abused spouse probably says the same....

18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Mmmm speak for yourself, big boy ;)

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed but I have expected this for a long time. The Jets are not in tank mode. The franchise is not on the same page. They let Gase continue to start a 37 year old RB at (0-13). It is shameful. The Jaguars are in tank mode. 100%. They will make Mitch Trubisky look like Joe Montana next week. The only thing is, the Rams were the one game I thought the Jets could not win. Just a terrible match-up. Little did I know that the Rams from Super Bowl LIII would show up. Just flat out pathetic.

I'm happy for the players like Sam, Becton, Maye, Quinnen, etc. They really wanted to win and I am happy for them, but people like Gase? Terrible. The Johnsons? Terrible. and even Joe Douglas a little bit. He needed to do more to prevent this.

Now the Jets lose one of the best QB's to come out in years, and will be forced to decide between Fields, Wilson or keeping Sam after potentially going (1-15)? Just brutal.

I feel really bad for the fans like myself. Especially RIGHT AFTER Lawrence looks amazing yesterday? The Jets are so dumb it is unreal.

Br4d and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The difference is that what we saw in Sanchez was his ceiling, or maybe his 'attic'. I believe Darnold - with better coaching and improved talent that's on the field when he is - has a higher ceiling. He may never be a great QB, but he might well be better than Wentz or even Goff and look where they got to.

It's also true that maybe he'll just never consistently play well and becomes a marginal backup, out of the game in a couple of years, but I don't think anyone can say that for certain at this point.

What I'd like to know is: what was different today for him? Why was he able to make quicker, better decisions? This was a completely different guy than the one we've seen this season so far - why?