I’m Done as a STH after 39 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

FAIL

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Once the Jets turn it around and you buy in they will immediately start blowing pineapple chunks. Don't say I didn't warn you.

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

A damn shame, but I don't blame you at all.

It's cheaper to buy tix from secondary markets than buying STs. I've been to every home opener for the last 12 seasons as a tradition with my dad, but it may stop in 2020. I am also trying to go out to LA for the Rams away game.

I always love going to Jets games with my dad, and friends. But the stadium is absolute shit. Our tailgates are usually the highlights. Too many away fans that taunt our own fans. It's ridiculous.
    Fuck the Johnsons.

stinkyB and jilozzo like this.
  4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

there’s a reason I’ve never owned season tickets

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think any Jets fans inherently understand there is good and bad. You'd buy season tickets because you enjoy watching football live, and expect them to be competitive. That said when I started with season tickets for the '79 season, it was a time when it seemed they were emerging out of dark period. In fact they were, but it didn't quite get to where it could have, as we all know. Plus back then it was not a given that every home game would be televised.

BUT, these days, the "in the seats" experience is worse NFL-wide due to the game being run solely for the TV audience. Too many TV timeouts and dead time, which is filled up by noisy crap in the stadium. It's getting even worse now with all the penalties and challenges. You watch every play not knowing if its legit or not. At least sitting at home on TV it is explained to you. There have been times at the game where I've forgotten which team had the ball, due to an extra long stoppage.

AND, I notice how NFL teams make an effort to get good just when their new stadium push and PSL marketing ramps up. Not every team, but damn near every team. True for our two NY teams. Woody got Favre for one reason. Rams peaked one year early, but they are a classic example. Falcons too. Vikings to a lesser extent, but they built that team up for the new stadium.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well then if true that makes U smarter then most who post on this board. My self I can not say the thing since I started in 1965 & besides the championship game played at Shea in 1968 they gave me nothing back for being a STH & I stuck around as a STH until 2015 :mad:

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't think it makes any difference.

8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Safest bet in the house is getting the knish from the orthodox kiosk. Last year they had home made round knishes, this year they shit on us by selling the square ones but you don't have to worry about them being undercooked like many sausage and peppers I've tried in years past and throw on some mustard or franks red hot and they're damn good and only $5.

9. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Thank you Sheldon Silver.. enjoy your jail cell...

jilozzo likes this.
  10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Proud of you Brook!!! Better off watching on TV anyway. Giant Stadium was so much better. Only went to the new stadium for the 2015 opener and was not impressed at all. Use your money for something better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  11. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. Gone are the days that you could pay to park in the main lot. 1984 I paid $5.00 to park. What a scam it is now.

#91 AJW, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  12. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

And then wait forever to take the train back. That is a cluster f@!k too.

Brook! likes this.
  13. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Thank you. I know I was not alone. Getting there is fine. Getting back to Secaucus is horrible.

Brook! likes this.