Hutchison the favourite to Jets at #4

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The other thing about this is 2018. Everybody was sure Darnold would go #1 to the Browns and then they took Mayfield instead upsetting the applecart in the process.

2. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Ptflea2 likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

American society has been destroyed by selfie-taking attention hounds.

Utterly destroyed.

When I was a kid we didn't even know NFL players had mothers and definitely not linebackers. Linebackers were made not born.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

not at all...you just wonder how much of a "chance" having 2 first round picks in the top 10? Only the Jets could get this...or wait...the Giants too.

If that happens...this would be a good deal because if safe meanings anything in this draft? Really thought Joe would pull the trigger on something pre-draft and it hasn't happened....YET.
    This is one of those draft classes that will be really interesting to see how it plays out 2 or 3 years down the line.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

people did feel it was possible that he liked mayfield more but nobody seen the giants passing on darnold

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

A T-rex is still fast, can still crush you, and has killer instincts...even with small arms

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Upset applecarts for the win.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was a third round pick that was primarily a backup, he was given the starting job by a HC that wasn’t going to be given another opportunity to coach the team.

Lovie Smith might want a potential FQB that he can bring along slowly with team.

Smith likes old school football, defense, run the ball.

Im not saying Mills can’t have some success but losing a FQB is a huge hit to the team and relying on a third round pick backup to step in and not knowing if he’s the answer is a tough position to be in as an organization.

Drafting Willis who had a great pro day, has a cannon for an arm and is accurate, is a top ten prospect, just makes sense to not pass up the opportunity for a QB.

ouchy likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Mills was the second-best Rookie QB last season, which maybe isn't saying a lot but in a bad as situation as Wilson and Lawrence he performed way better than expected and ended the season really well as well.

Over his last five games, Mills finished with nine touchdowns to two interceptions, for a passer rating of 102.4.

ouchy and KingRoach like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes sir, good luck to all of us suffering fans and Jet new staff. Your words reminded me of the song I’ll be playing when the Jets are walking to the podium. “ one way, or another, I’m gonna get you, I’m gonna get you, get you get you. Bring me Hutch at 4. Go Jets

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat the future!:D

K'OB likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know what will happen. Before we get all giddy if Hutch “falls into our lap”, haven’t we heard that before, with Q, Leonard Williams and Darnold not being selected #1?
    Leonard was a high high can’t miss prospect, was solid but not superstar. Same for Q. Not much to say about Darnold. I cringed to why these guys get passed by teams before the Jets…If Hutch is available at 4, why?

ColoradoContrails and Poeman like this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fuck me, you have given me the dolly downers before bedtime :(

15. REVISion

I think the main problem with Leonard and Quinnen was that they were both at a low-impact position. It's just very rare to be a game wrecker at IDL.

We absolutely need an edge rusher and is there any question Hutch will be the best edge prospect left if Walker and KT are taken?

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

100% Leonard Williams and Sam were both projected to go #1 for a while

17. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Lol. I am not trying to spin it negatively or be a Debbie downer but I guess I would be thrilled because we need an Edge! And he is a highly rated edge! I typically reserve judgment whoever the Jets pick whether we like it or not until they play.

K'OB likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

4th time is the charm? I got same concerns. I was wondering if he was a 1 year wonder but I was told about his injury slowing him down in previous 2 years. We shall see.

19. REVISion

The thing with Hutch is he seems to be pretty high floor with a high ceiling as well. High motor, very skilled and violent with his hands, ideal size for the position (other than arm length), really athletic. It just seems like the chances of him outright busting are really slim, and he could be a 12+ sack per year guy too.

If he does fall it's going to be him or JJ at edge, and both could be considered one year wonders. Hutch is also 2 years younger than JJ. Is Hutch going to be a better player in 2 years than JJ is now? I'd say without question considering I think he's already a better player. I think Hutch would be a no brainer pick if he falls to #4 and we should consider ourselves extremely lucky that he fell.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It occurs to me that JD has traded away 3 rounders we took before he got here - Williams, Adams, Darnold.